Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now love is a strong word, with many implications including babies. lol.

I'm still here. I need to do my weed duties today. I also need a water filter for the fridge, a spring return hinge for the garage door to the house, and a tank of propane gas, so I can burn down the grow area again. Death to all insects! lol

Now love is a strong word, with many implications including babies. lol.

I'm still here. I need to do my weed duties today. I also need a water filter for the fridge, a spring return hinge for the garage door to the house, and a tank of propane gas, so I can burn down the grow area again. Death to all insects! lol
Just use ROUNDUP . NO......................................................................
And I know ya still Love ya lil Stiggy wiggy

We went for a nice relaxing wolk today, took the dog along too.
While walking along the edge of the woods my dog all 130lbs took off after 2 deer with me behind attached to a 30ft lead
Man I thought i was going down, manage to get him under control finish walk and back home.
So anything exciting happen to anyone else today?

Last edited:
Ohhh ok. Well, I really doubt STIGGY was actually hating on gamers. He was just remembering the old days before all the electronic games. Keep in mind, most of us are a good bit older than you and our world didn't have all that.
Really tho, don't need to be "on guard". This thread doesn't put up with haters.

Me thinks there's something rotten in Denmark.:rolleyes:

Good morning OFC , welcome Dutch Princess, great day in Oz a lovely 30 deg cel , Had a few beers last night with some crew I was working with ,the subject come up about the moon landing - It surprised me that half were believers half were not - something I had never thought of , just took it for granted - Now Im not so sure that man walked on the moon in 1969 -the nay Sayers have a good argument they may have turned me -Have a great day

Good morning OFC , welcome Dutch Princess, great day in Oz a lovely 30 deg cel , Had a few beers last night with some crew I was working with ,the subject come up about the moon landing - It surprised me that half were believers half were not - something I had never thought of , just took it for granted - Now Im not so sure that man walked on the moon in 1969 -the nay Sayers have a good argument they may have turned me -Have a great day
I never really believed it myself
But my brother in Law built the Lower half of the lander lead engineer on lower half

NESS, Happy Birthday Girlfriend!!!!!
birthday-wishes-for-female-friend.jpg

There was a Lunar Lander on display at the Franklin Institute in Philly. The Lander is real. As to landing on the Moon, that's another story. My FIL sent them Morse code with his call letters when they were reentering the Earth's atmosphere. While they had no way to respond, he did it anyway. They sent him a plaque in the mail that he contacted them successfully. They knew where he lived and who he was by his call letters.

Youtube is a scary rabbit hole as far as the lunar landing goes. Never doubted it. Watched it live as a 4 year old. However, after hanging out with a bunch of really smart engineers for 5 years working a 12 hour night shift and listening to what they had researched, I am on the fence. The whole Van Allen belt thing being the only protection for humans from radiation and the mission being out of the belt is perplexing.

I helped make the mirrors for the Chandra X-ray telescope as a younger Fogey. I was one of 16 opticians. Actually saved the entire program one night with a no-look snag of a 40 lb piece of metal that would have smashed one of the 12 mirrors(only 8 wound up being used). One guy was trying to save time and dropped a piece of metrology tool in and my hand shot out reflexively and caught it inches before impact. I’d probably still be in jail for protocol violations. Now I wonder, is the telescope up there or was that a ruse...

There was a Lunar Lander on display at the Franklin Institute in Philly. The Lander is real. As to landing on the Moon, that's another story. My FIL sent them Morse code with his call letters when they were reentering the Earth's atmosphere. While they had no way to respond, he did it anyway. They sent him a plaque in the mail that he contacted them successfully. They knew where he lived and who he was by his call letters.

They're everywhere. Know everything. No one is safe

I helped make the mirrors for the Chandra X-ray telescope as a younger Fogey. I was one of 16 opticians. Actually saved the entire program one night with a no-look snag of a 40 lb piece of metal that would have smashed one of the 12 mirrors(only 8 wound up being used). One guy was trying to save time and dropped a piece of metrology tool in and my hand shot out reflexively and caught it inches before impact. I’d probably still be in jail for protocol violations. Now I wonder, is the telescope up there or was that a ruse...
Pretty Neat
Chandra X-ray Observatory
Flagship-Class Space Observatory
The Chandra X-ray Observatory, previously known as the Advanced X-ray Astrophysics Facility, is a Flagship-class space observatory launched on STS-93 by NASA on July 23, 1999. Chandra is sensitive to X-ray sources 100 times fainter than any previous X-ray telescope, enabled by the high angular resolution of its mirrors.
18690_300x300.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back