Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keef
I tasted my peach wine again and dang if it ain't changing again. It was tastey at first then went bad I thought. I guess aging it really does have a lot to do with it. I liked the blueberry still young.

Sampling my latest homebrew, a little Citra IPA, tasty if I say so me own self...
40EDE239-A1BC-4824-AC40-3F161DF0B3A4.jpeg

RE - I'm get U and Umbra to set me up with a beer making rig when I get set back up -- I don't drink but when U need some help a cold keg will sometimes get U that help !
Gloman that wine is tricky my peach is changing too but it's not bad --it just desert dry -- need some sugar -- Sooner or later the ethanol concentration gonna kill the yeast --I'm close --- Just tasting it I say it got to be close to 40 % !-- I'm getting it down -- Make a 5 gallon bucket of wine freeze it off to about 2 gallons -- Rack it a few times and U end up with a gallon of finished liquor !-- I don't have a vacuum pump for filtering so January lose some everything I rack it -- It usually works out OK !

Rose there's times I don't need to be around people -- Sunshine just came out again the beach -- mid seventies today- water temp 65 -- Cold front coming in tonight drop it into the 40s --
I see some new people -- Welcome STIGGY -- and is that YardDog ?--
Has the weather sucked everywhere lately or just around here ? -- Been mostly chilly and rainy for seems like a month ! --
Nick -I got U covered on that blueberry/chocolate cross soon as I get out this funk -- I have it with the parents reversed -- With the BOC male and a female GDP-X BPU --
I got about a 5 cc syringe full of seed -- I don't know what will come from the cross but there will be something nice I just gotta find it --
Thanks Much Brother
I am Happy to finally meet you

Fermenting beer does not like light but if you covered your fermentation vessel and kept your grow at around 68 deg f, you would be adding some carbon dioxide for your plants...

Fermenting beer does not like light but if you covered your fermentation vessel and kept your grow at around 68 deg f, you would be adding some carbon dioxide for your plants...
You could use a hose fermenting air lock and leave the bottles outside tent and run just the hose inside tent into a water filled open jar
You stick the hose coming from fermenting bottle into the open bottle of water .
CO2 will escape down hose and up through the water , but no air back in

Anyone ever get fresh pressed juice shipped from Cali in 5 gallon buckets and use it to make wine
The wine comes out like 25 dollar a bottle wine does , but cost 2 dollars a bottle in the end

my dad loves to make wine. grows a lot of his own fruit as well. ph plays a major factor in taste. i am trying to get him to start checking the ph on his wine, and fine tune it. he prefers to adjust based on "gut instincts". lol
when he talks about his wine making, he is so excited. i can tell he loves it, likely as much as i do growing. he does not know i grow, and wont for a good while. not sure he would approve, plus the house i am in is legally his house so i figured it best he not actually know, worst case scenario you know..

EDS - Welcome to MP and the OFC -- A group that already knows each other ?-- That works !-- It says Earl's Dark Science Experiments -- I walk on the dark side on occasion-- U ever heard of Tetraploid Marijuana ?-- Genetically doubled weed ?- There's probably over 15,000 known weed varieties and only a handful of Tetraploids--Like U.B.C. Chemo-- if it still exist !-- Give it a look ? -- Might be right up your alley -- Better yet -- Billy Buds seed and clones up in Canada -- He's crazy ashell and his numbers are wrong but his science is spot on !-- Frankenweed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back