Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He got a nice little homemade stove top still !-- Usually U might get a 10 plus % alcohol return ?-- By freezing it first U can remove lots - maybe half of the water as water ice -- Gets a lot higher return from a small still too maybe up to 50% -- Just don't be messing with making any shine until U understand about the head - heart and tail !-- U get greedy U kill people !-- He got some Rhy grain fermenting too I think ?

Nice thump keg STIGGY !- Or do U call it a doubler ? - That's all U need !-- I like the way the Gloman do his worm too !

He got a nice little homemade stove top still !-- Usually U might get a 10 plus % alcohol return ?-- By freezing it first U can remove lots - maybe half of the water as water ice -- Gets a lot higher return from a small still too maybe up to 50% -- Just don't be messing with making any shine until U understand about the head - heart and tail !-- U get greedy U kill people !-- He got some Rhy grain fermenting too I think ?
OK I think I saw a pic earlier in the thread Stove top it was , was a nice unit
Making_Moonshine_-_The_Dummies_Guide_700_grande.jpg

I never mad eshine myself yet, but I am almost sure after all my brewing and building things I could do it.
Its the learning to do it right that takes time

I almost bought a 10 gallon pressure cooker an old professional one at a yard sale but the wife was like no way
Missed a great deal uy wanted 10 buck almost new in box just vintage

Sure made a big difference when I learned about cuts.
I always tossed the foreshore but ran the rest all together.
Ok for fuel but not drinking.
Keef
I ran the rhy last week. Turned out Good but HOT. Proofed down to 100 it is smooth with a peppery Finnish.
I'm sorry but my data time is getting low and can't post pics.
There are some of it in older posts.

I almost bought a 10 gallon pressure cooker an old professional one at a yard sale but the wife was like no way
Missed a great deal uy wanted 10 buck almost new in box just vintage
Wow!
Deal of a lifetime! Shoulda got it!

I know Rose has a machine that recovers most of the ever clear she uses but if U got to buy Everclear by the gallon to make RSO or use for extract it can get expensive !-- Cheaper to just make it !-- I had some RSO evaporating one time and it had reduced by over half -- Poured a shot and met the Green Dragon !-- Alcohol take that THC straight to the head !

I know Rose has a machine that recovers most of the ever clear she uses but if got to buy Everclear by the gallon to make RSO or use for extract it can get expensive !-- Cheaper to just make it !-- I had some RSO evaporating one time and it had reduced by over half -- Poured a shot and met the Green Dragon !-- Alcohol take that THC straight to the head !
I have The ISO3 machine that reclaims everclear 190% from my tinctures and oils I have made
It does a few things makes oil tinctures and reclaims the alcohol , I don't use it to much
https://skunkpharmresearch.com/iso-3-by-d-gold/
d96ba235-3191-4d35-bf3e-fc7a65c6ec3c.jpg

Last edited:
Im lucky my state allows sale of everclear 190 proof 20 dollars a quart
I make tinctures using a freezer method

Same here !-- Plenty of Everclear but I think it's about $25 a quart !-- Straight up ?-- It's a fairly acceptable reason for making liquor !- That's my story and I'm sticking to it !-- I had trouble dividing the head from the heart -- I never heard of foreshot -- It's just part of the head !-- Anyway Gloman taught me to go ahead and cook it off down till U hit the tail by tasting when it starts getting close -- Then take all the head and heart U cooked off -- measure it and put it back in an empty still -- fire it back up and cook off 10 % of your total and throw it away -- What's left in the still is double distilled heart !
It can he used as is for extract but for drinking it's best to temper it down to 100-105 proof ---with water-- or flavorings I guess ?-Doing that Apple in the thump keg ?-- Might as well cut it down to 100 proof with some apple juice ?-- and some apple pie spices for Apple Pie Shine ?--- Or some fast aging with some alligator char oak or other hard wood in a large mouth bottle -- 7 year old whiskey in 7 weeks -- Kinda hard to call that shine anymore ? -- It's all for extractions that's my story !

Last edited by a moderator:
Gloman and I got different ways of doing stuff -- He malt the grain and make that Rhy whiskey like it was all organic -- I'd make sugar liquor- buy some Rhy whiskey flavorings from one those home distillers company -- Mix it up and then quick age with some alligator char hardwood ! -- U would never know if I didn't tell U what I did !-- U would probably like it !

I don't have a still right now STIGGY !-- but I got a 100 gallon submarine still in mind for the new place !
I'd just use Everclear if I wanted in the past -- I have a good success with my simple cannacaps and no extraction so I don't make much RSO !-- I got my mind set on a Rosen Press and filling vape cartridges with hash oil !-- or my "Liquid Weed" -- half strength hash oil in a vape cartridge ( maybe 35 % THC ?)( probably as good as the mother weed or better --toke for toke )-- They about to get some MMJ in Texas and I got something for they happyass -- they gonna restrict public smoking-- but not vape pens ? -- So I gotta get good at making dry ice hash and get me a press !
There's peeps here that already got one and can walk me thru it !--

I don't have a still right now STIGGY !-- but I got a 100 gallon submarine still in mind for the new place !
We can built one
LOL
Are you sure we weren't twin seperated at birth
I like everything big and cant have to many of one thing
OK Peeps I am out for now , shower and then walk the dog and smoke a few J's
Nigt all

Got nothing to do with weed but I guess I'm trying to make up for lost time ?-- I ran across these 2 pieces and can't remember if I've ever posted a pic of them ?-- Anyway a decade or so ago they were talking about vast areas out in the oceans covered in floating waste plastic and how it was an environmental disaster -- So I found a solution -- No one cared and I don't either anymore -- Build U a floating factory and go turn the waste plastic into product on site !-- These have become my version of a middle finger to industry !--Told U I wasn't artsy but If I can do this at home with no tools don't come talking environmental **** to me !-- Of course they crude -- They represent a concept !-- I had making railroad cross ties and telephone poles at a landfill from the waste stream in my mind !-- Like a big Ole heated play doo factory extruder !-- Squeezing out telephone poles and cross ties !
The bowl is made from Mardi Gras beads and milk jugs -- The cup is made from whatever waste plastic got in my way and I even added pot stems as filler !-- The hot plastic is the binder and the filler can be lots of stuff !-- These pieces are microwave safe !
I must be pretty high to reminisce about the Recyte Project ? -- I told U I dream big -- It was a plan to treat the waste stream going to the landfill as a source of raw material for making new product !-- Instead of a landfill it would be mostly an industry incubator with free raw material -- I had it covered !

Attachments

• 20190208_171517.jpg
    20190208_171517.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 16
Ok, so ya got my interest.
Now, how did you creat them out of garbage?
What was your heat source?
Molds?

Keef, you did post those a long time ago. I love that blue cup. Very smart. It isn't too late for that is it? The oceans are full of junk you could make pretty.
it is SNOWING again. I live in the desert for a reason and this isn't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back