Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Novitus
What substrate are you growing your GT on?
I use coco, pearlite, vermiculite and hydrated lime.
Some tubs DO grow better than others tho. Not sure why.
Actually I think evaporation has a lot to do with it.

I saw a Werewolf drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vick's - and his hair was perfect !

Werewolves of London !-- Warren Zevon

gooday everyone.

umbra, i'm not the best one for advice but when you have an issue with a supervisor and those alike, emails aren't really the best way to handle it. a face to face behind closed doors is the best way to get things resolved. you can see their eyes plus you can smell fear. body language is also an incredible tool. if they are hiding something, their arms and/or their legs will be crossed and they will fidget quite a bit. i wish you the best my friend--i've been where you are.

Novitus
What substrate are you growing your GT on?
I use coco, pearlite, vermiculite and hydrated lime.
Some tubs DO grow better than others tho. Not sure why.
Actually I think evaporation has a lot to do with it.

I bought the substrate off ebay. It's a mixture of poo, straw and some grass. It was called a Boom Block. Up until the 2nd round of bigguns it was in a filtered bag, in vitro style. I have been told humidity and moisture in general are a huge deal. Next round im going with Brown Rice Flour and I think it was Vermiculite. The tek I plan to go with is the PF Tek. It seems to be the simplest. What are you using?

Also,and unrelated, I don't recommend buying Vander lights. Not that most of you would but you never know what'll happen. The light I have doesnt seem to be strong enough to push full buds out of my auto. Either that or something else is wrong. A flowering auto should perform well under a spectrum leaning to the bloom side right? My humidity is low, 30-40%. I just can't keep it up there with the exhaust running and it gets to hot without exhaust. How loud are those booster fans? I bet one of them would actually work just fine.
If you had to choose a budget LED what would you guys use? I've been looking at the King LED 1500w and the Bestva 1500w. Same price on amazon. But I wonder if it would be better to go with MArs Hydro for about double the price?

Nov -- I got about a dozen Mars Hydro 300 watt reflector series LEDS-- I'm be slowly switching to one of those 2-- U mentioned - 1,000 watts plus-- per square meter is where I'm going -- I think I'm about the only root sprayer around but have U ever considered water farming ?-- U get an led U can put that fan on a timer it'll help with humidity -- I use one my empty aero boxes to help with humidity when needed -- I put water in it -- it has a lid and I can e,pose more water or less to control humidity-- I was running about 50% humidity and that's a little low -- Like Umbra taught me when the air gets dry the breathing holes on the plant close up some to conserve water and so don't breath as good !-- 50 is good enough for me !-- I learned water farming by adding nutes to an aero cloner -- Same formula work fine for what I do next !

Nov - U get this auto grow cycle under your belt and I should be settled in some place new by then -- I hook U up with seed to some OFC genetics -- I got some indicas that'll do U right !-- Plus I got a mess of stuff never been grown yet -- This one ?-- King Louis the 13th -- I got seed Fathered by the Black Berry Snow Lotus and by that monster blueberry Umbra bred -- B.B. King -( BPU-X BB )
I let things get outta hand and now I gotta grow out the seed to see what I got !--

Ive had some King Louis XIII! That was some good smoke. If you guys have any Larry OG floating around I'd jump through some hoops for it lol. That stuff just does the trick all around most days. I think I've had some BB King too. Just once. That was some great dank, I went back to get more and it was gone! Teh BBSL from Bhodi seeds? I never expected to want males around.
If you check my grow journal you can get an idea of the strains I have waiting. You might like some of em.

Novitu

If you're fairly new to micology I would defiantly recomend the PF TEK. Its the easiest of all but not the best yields.
A mix of vermiculite and pearlite with coco coir a touch of brown rice flour and hydrated lime give me the best flushes.
Ya gotta keep humidity right and temp down to set pins.
I never used a store bought substrate.

Nov - I'll have to take a look I don't get out the OFC enough -Yep that BBSL male fell into my lap - It was the only one of 3 seed to germ ?-- I was gonna kill him but someone said "the BBSL male bring the fire "-- I lined up about a dozen little midget girls and turnt him loose !-- He did me right !

Larry OG ?-- We got something called Nurse Larry ?--
Rose - Bred a clone only Medicine Woman to a Larry OG male
Then I put that BBSL male on the nurse -- Nurse Larry all nice and polite got a pleasant little mystery terp thing going on and plenty potent-- Not so her daughter by BBSL - It just steam roll U and keep coming ! -- One the girls I used that BBSL on was Snow Desiel-- Half Snow Lotus on both sides !
It'll get U there !

Ive had some King Louis XIII! That was some good smoke. If you guys have any Larry OG floating around I'd jump through some hoops for it lol. That stuff just does the trick all around most days. I think I've had some BB King too. Just once. That was some great dank, I went back to get more and it was gone! Teh BBSL from Bhodi seeds? I never expected to want males around.
If you check my grow journal you can get an idea of the strains I have waiting. You might like some of em.
Not sure how you would have had BB King. While I have given away beans, I know everyone who has gotten them. I have never heard of it available at any dispensary, in any state.

I bought the substrate off ebay. It's a mixture of poo, straw and some grass. It was called a Boom Block. Up until the 2nd round of bigguns it was in a filtered bag, in vitro style. I have been told humidity and moisture in general are a huge deal. Next round im going with Brown Rice Flour and I think it was Vermiculite. The tek I plan to go with is the PF Tek. It seems to be the simplest. What are you using?

Also,and unrelated, I don't recommend buying Vander lights. Not that most of you would but you never know what'll happen. The light I have doesnt seem to be strong enough to push full buds out of my auto. Either that or something else is wrong. A flowering auto should perform well under a spectrum leaning to the bloom side right? My humidity is low, 30-40%. I just can't keep it up there with the exhaust running and it gets to hot without exhaust. How loud are those booster fans? I bet one of them would actually work just fine.
If you had to choose a budget LED what would you guys use? I've been looking at the King LED 1500w and the Bestva 1500w. Same price on amazon. But I wonder if it would be better to go with MArs Hydro for about double the price?
If you want the best leds, it is $$$ ka ching. Fluence.science/

U know that grocery game where U get so much time to grab all the groceries U can ?-- I got a fantasy game -- I'd like 5 minutes to rummage thru Umbra's seed vault for what I could carry in one hand !-- I couldn't lose !
Don't threaten to bite your boss's face off Umbra -- It don't turn out well -- Them bigass security guards don't play !

Well he is in a bind. Big meeting in 2 weeks. People flying in from around the country. He wants everything to go smoothly. So he gave me 9 months of work to do in 2 weeks. I told him, poor planning on his part does not constitute an emergency on my part. I can only do so much work in a day, and there are only so many days in the week. I had to order parts for many of the repairs and upgrades and the parts are on back order. I may not get what I need this week. I can not control these things, no matter how much he wants it to happen. The safety inspections take 1 to 2 hours each I have 35 spread out over 200 mile radius. The annual pm's take 3 to 4 hours each, lol. 35 spread out, lol. This will not be done by Easter.

Umbra have you ever used cheaper lights? The ones you recommend are like future upgrade type stuff for me. But I can tell by the bills and the growth that LED is probably the way to go now.
Roll one up man! That sounds like a narcotic buzz. yumm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back