Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I could afford them Spyder lights I wouldn't hesitate - but I can do alright with some cheaper ones !-
Nov -- Umbra's B.B. King is
BPU-X BB = (B)lackberry Kush- x- (P)urple Citral -x- (U)zbekistan hash plant -x- (B)lueberry Blast
It is not your average Huckleberry Hound !

So I was late ?-- I got it mostly right !-- Sure as the sun come up tomorrow that thing gonna make blueberry babies -- It might vary some but blueberry no doubt !

Edit : -- It grow a bigass plant too !-- HUGE !

Keef you
Nov -- I got about a dozen Mars Hydro 300 watt reflector series LEDS-- I'm be slowly switching to one of those 2-- U mentioned - 1,000 watts plus-- per square meter is where I'm going -- I think I'm about the only root sprayer around but have U ever considered water farming ?-- U get an led U can put that fan on a timer it'll help with humidity -- I use one my empty aero boxes to help with humidity when needed -- I put water in it -- it has a lid and I can e,pose more water or less to control humidity-- I was running about 50% humidity and that's a little low -- Like Umbra taught me when the air gets dry the breathing holes on the plant close up some to conserve water and so don't breath as good !-- 50 is good enough for me !-- I learned water farming by adding nutes to an aero cloner -- Same formula work fine for what I do next !
You're pretty confidant they'll do alright?I searched the forums and found a few people using budget led's well. I'm planning the savings budget for my flower tent. I'm going to have to start with 1 1500w in a 4x4 and then add another later on. I was thinking on strips inside the canopy too, eventually.

Hello OFC

Years ago I knew some growers who used to cross breed to come up with some dank strains. One of them was called C weed. The next strain they came up with was J weed. The best was a strain they called J #1.
They never let anyone have a clone or a seed. A few years later I go into a dispensary and I see J 1 offered. It could be a coincidence or it could be someone got a hold of some seeds. lol

I am using a KING LED 2000w in my 5x5 grow tent right now. I am loving it. It seems Amazon may be discontinuing KING LEDs. I only see one light there now. I am still looking for an LED to replace my 600w ballast light in my smaller grow area. There are so many LED brands out there these days. So many from China that are very inexpensive lately.

Have an awesome day you wonderful people!

I be the 1st one to say I don't know **** about breeding weed - but all this fine stuff was passing thru my hands so I started stacking Dank-- I adhere to the happy accidents school of breeding -- I lined all them girls up and hit them with a shot gun blast of pollen figuratively -- Grow out the seed and see what dahell I Did ?-- As a cloner I'm all about the one plant but U gotta find it -- I can't go to the dispensary and pick up some clones to try- I gotta grow it out from seed !-- I would prefer having at least 3 girls from a breeding --I wanna see if they all alike or are the different - I want the most desirable one !-- Most are similar but some throw some strange terps !

Umbra have you ever used cheaper lights? The ones you recommend are like future upgrade type stuff for me. But I can tell by the bills and the growth that LED is probably the way to go now.
Roll one up man! That sounds like a narcotic buzz. yumm.
No I haven't used other leds. I bought a spydr recommended by someone and replaced 2 1k HPS in a 4x8 tent. I still run 6 1k DE HPS in the flower room.

Hello OFC

Years ago I knew some growers who used to cross breed to come up with some dank strains. One of them was called C weed. The next strain they came up with was J weed. The best was a strain they called J #1.
They never let anyone have a clone or a seed. A few years later I go into a dispensary and I see J 1 offered. It could be a coincidence or it could be someone got a hold of some seeds. lol

I am using a KING LED 2000w in my 5x5 grow tent right now. I am loving it. It seems Amazon may be discontinuing KING LEDs. I only see one light there now. I am still looking for an LED to replace my 600w ballast light in my smaller grow area. There are so many LED brands out there these days. So many from China that are very inexpensive lately.

Have an awesome day you wonderful people!
J1 that I got from NCH was Jack Herer 1st generation clone. It was distinctive enough, it was recognizable by a few dispensaries.

Novitius, first bud grown with led
peyote purple hit with apricot head.png

Black Domina -- The definitive Domina pheno ?--
I hate all da Dam free states !-- Come on Texas do something !-- U got no weed infrastructure or **** !
U making us look bad !

It's OK -- Texas all got to start from scratch it's an even playing field --
( Unless U been in the trenches with me learning the trade under threat of jail if caught )- My only regret is that I'm not up and running right now !

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is a coincidence. They J#1 they grew back in the day was way better than the stuff I have seen in dispensaries. The J#1 I smoked was stinky and sticky as were many strains back then. I was told one of those guys passed away a few years back. Jack Herer is a great strain and he was a great grower. I just never cared for the flavor of Jack Herer.

Do not go out there !-- It's about 85 with maybe 80 % humidity -- I know cause I just swam out to the mailbox !
Liquid air !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back