Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone for the welcome. I've got 2 Platinum OG and one San Fernando Valley OG Kush going in the 4x4. They are clones I got from Harborside Oakland. I am also germinating some Bigbud seeds from ILGM. 3 of 5 have started.

I am growing in Foxfarm Ocean Forest and following their feeding schedule. The first grow was a bit haphazard and I didn't faithfully fertilize with the stuff they have me at the hydro store. I am learning and enjoying this hobby.

It's been a busy day. Lots of housework, errands, etc. Now it's time to enjoy some of The White from the 1st grow. [eView attachment 249702moji3]

Morning O.F.C. -- Ugh !-- I might live !-- I do not like this getting old sheet !-- Wake and Bake !-- Weed ain't gonna smoke itself !-- Do your duty !-- We gonna be under a heat advisory again today !--

Good morning guys We have a heat advisory here as well.

ComplicatedThoughtfulBallpython-size_restricted.gif

Stay cool!

I am cool Burnin 1 --
We had bout half the plagues of Egypt so far this summer !-- My yard is a wreck !-- !-- Lawnmower is possessed by a demon -- Weed Eater battery and charger went under water in the flood -- They no work ! -- Even if they worked it's too hot lately !-- It'll look nice when I get it cut !-- I'm have some more coffee and hang out with the pipe !-- NL -x- BBSL-- Ole Hammerhead weed !--

Howdy y'all!
Hey umbra, what size column did you use to purify the rso?
Did you pack the column with Both D.E. and Norit or did you run them separate?
I'm gonna build a 5gal. Vac canister for just this purpose. If we can get the trash out of low quality runs it will increase overall yields quite a bit.

Yo G !-- Cut the bottom off a plastic 5 gallon water bottle -- Put your filter material in the upside down water bottle -- duct tape a hose from a 5 gallon wet vacuum to the spout on the water bottle -- with the water bottle held upside down in a rack of some kind !-- Start pouring that extract into the water bottle -- Turn the wet vacuum on and suck it on the thru !-- Might want to use a clean wet vac !-- Simplest vacuum filter pump system I know !
Edit :
For smaller amounts use your thump keg -- Put a filter on one end and vacuum on the other end !

Last edited by a moderator:
It just occurred to me that by spring and the outdoor season begins there very well could be legal weed being planted in Texas !-- I have high hopes !

I have a pretty good design I used back in the day When I was running a clandestine lab. I use a 5gal. Bucket set up like a Buckner funnel with an appropriate sized recovery vessel inside. I usually used a long packed column to run my filtrate thru.

4 inch PVC pipe with a cap reduced down to an inch or so ?- make long as U want ?-- Shouldn't be any reaction between alcohol and PVC -- Building the whole thing outta PVC !-- I still think something like a thump keg would work well but U done similar so U know what works for U !-- Post a pic !-- I may want to try it on my wine !-- May help ?- May not ? -- We'll see !

Yes I use a Buchner filter. I'll take some pix and show you some alcohol extract that was just filtered. Nothing crazy, all glass.

I mentioned to my wife that I’d like to remove the guest bed from our spare bedroom and convert it to a home music studio...she went for it so today I hauled off the queen size bed in there and replaced it with a “hide a bed”... now I’m in the process of setting it up...Amazing how much gear a guitar player can gather over the years...And I probably don’t need or use half of it...The hide a bed was a pain in the a$$ getting in there but it’s in and it ain’t comin out...
About 100* today so we hit the pool this evening and are doing much better now...now we gonna hit the pipe...

I use one of those inkbird controllers...I have the one in the picture for fermentation and another for serving kegs...I usually have a keg of beer and a keg of sparkling water...Am I spoiled...lol...this batch kinda came up short I think

Good morning Keef, OFC. umbra, nice looking glass work you have.
Keef here is pictures White Indica on the left and the SR-91 on the right. These picture are a little younger, than now. I'll post update later. So, far I have sex the SR's and I have two females and one male. Yet, to sex the WI. Than, I'll be cloning. More coffee and a bong. Cheers
101_1509.JPG

Morning O.F.C. --
Looking good Ness !-- U gonna like both those !
Nice glass Umbra !-- Ain't nothing wrong with a vacuum cleaner and some duct tape when U gotta work with what U got ! -- I was thinking more about what I want to do in vacuum filtering 5 gallons of wine !-- Little glass thingy too small for that !
What we smoking ?- I'm smoking ?-- Whatever is in the pipe !
Ya'll and beer and 'shine --Make me think about cooking off a batch of blueberry wine one day !--

Probably be better than sugar liqour !-

100 gallons of water -- 100 lbs sugar -- 1 lbs yeast !-- Cook it off in about a week !
I gotta rack and taste some wine soon !

Wake and Bake !

Yesterday I said we had already had about half the plagues of Egypt here this summer -- Did they have "Vibrio" that flesh eating bacteria ?-- Cause we do ! -- Sheet ain't funny no more !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back