Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I read !-- seems to me that -- a piece of say 4 inch metal pipe ( metal because of the low temps) reduced down to a quarter inch or so on each end -- the crumbled weed could be loaded into the 4" central pipe -- the whole device frozen -- supported over a collection vessel butane is sprayed into the top opening until it runs clear out the bottom !-- Would that work ?-- it's just a theory of mine !

That's what I read !-- seems to me that -- a piece of say 4 inch metal pipe ( metal because of the low temps) reduced down to a quarter inch or so on each end -- the crumbled weed could be loaded into the 4" central pipe -- the whole device frozen -- supported over a collection vessel butane is sprayed into the top opening until it runs clear out the bottom !-- Would that work ?-- it's just a theory of mine !

I tell ya keef, it isn't all that complicated.
I do this in a glass jar.
I fill jar about half way with crumbled bud, put lid on & freeze.
Poke 2 small holes in the metal lid, spray butane in one hole while gas escapes from other. Fill jar just enough to cover weed.
Quickly stir it around & pour through filters into collection vessel.
Add more butane to the weed & stir again quickly & filter again.
All the good stuff is in the butane now & just needs to be evaporated, vacuumed & then used however you please.
Save weed to be used in butter or whatever.
Trust me, BHO has its share of garbage that comes along too.
Proper filtration is a must. after collecting your BHO, evaporate till it's thick but still runs. Now add everclear & dissolve it in the everclear completely. Now filter carefully, evap to half volume & filter again. Go back & run a little clean everclear through the used filters & refilter that then combine & filter again. Now evap under room temp. only. Vacume will remove last traces of solvent.
Now add PG or VG to your desired viscosity & homogenize.
Wah-Lah! e-juice.

My point is, I never used a special extraction device. You have to be very careful, but this method works just as well as any.

I had a little talk to that short green santa guy & he said he forgives you & will be stopping by this week.

I wouldn't use just a steel 4" pipes. Stainless steel or glass only. I remember when everyone was using plastic for bho, I told them about the freezing and thawing effects and cross link plastics. And now I am telling you stainless or glass only

they sell BHO glass tubes for between $30 and $50 . about 2 inch tubes open on one end and a small hole on the other end. .put pot in and blow Butane in the open end and oil comes out small hole. they had 2 sizes when I looked at them. one 18 inch and the other about twice as long. I think it was a one oz and a 2 or 3 oz sizes.

Gloman - I was fishing !-- I knew U knew how !-- I just wanted your recipe ! Thanks Cuz !-- I messed around and missed Wake and Bake and most of the day !-- Got stoned and missed it !-- No -- I got started in the grow room !-- ran some errands -- got stoned and forgot all about the O.F.C. -- I'm a long way from making BHO !- it's still up to 99 years in the grey bar hotel for any concentrate ! I didn't even know they made a glass device for making BHO !-- around here there's 2 choices !-- this brickweed or that brickweed -- nothing else !! I'm just trying to learn all I can before the end of prohibition !-- that and learn to grow the best weed these peeps ever had !

Good morning OFC, giggy, and this morning it`s bake and no wake. Coffee grinder broke. Thought about using my weed grinder, but, do not wanna vape or smoke coffee. So, after breakfast, it`s to town we go, a new coffee grinder to be had.

Morning O.F.C. !-- Yoop -- don't get one of them Kuerig coffee machines !-- the little individual k-cups can cost up to fifty cents per cup ! Once U have coffee from a Kuerig -- it's hard to go back to regular coffee !-- best coffee I ever had !-- I drink Newman's Own and RWS has her Emeril's dark Cajun coffee! Large selection of coffees and teas !-- I gotta get back to my pipe ! Good Day All !

I now I'm properly Baked !-- It's gonna take me 6-12 months to get his T.E. to where I want it to be!-- I won't even know about it without the O.F.C. -- Umbra suggested it - I couldn't find it!-- MR1 remembered I was looking for it and gave me a heads up when he ran across them !-- I used an article Bozzo posted to show RWS the urgency of getting them now !- O.F.C. team work got me those seed !-- Thanks !-- I got a whole year to chase down another variety !-- Ya'll your eyes open !-B looking for a legendary indica/indica heavy hybrid -- don't care what it taste, smells or looks like !-- I'm looking for the biggest hammer !

good morning OFC . Good to get them seeds keef. any free ones? might be some good ones. any indica's there?

Thanks Umbra !-- Bozzo I just ordered them over the weekend !-- Cannazon said this was a limited offering of Tranquil Elephantizer because the mother died in a heat wave this summer ! Last time I got " Free Seed" the pack said free seed not a clue what they were !-- I don't do them kind of seed ! Even if they are labeled -- I'll be busy finding me a Queen Mother that thrives in my grow conditions !-- Hopefully I'll have several to choose from !-- It is still hard to turn a clone line loose !-- Only need the best one ! So I didn't spend $100 for a pack of seed !-- I spent $100 for a plant !

Umbra !-- Did U see what I had planned for Williams Wonder if I couldn't get that T.E. ?-- I was gonna put a Snow Lotus male on a Willy girl and breed my own Version of T.E. !-- That Snow Lotus works exceptional as the male in a couple crosses I've seen !-- I don't think I need to do any breeding to get what I want now !-- Who knows though when U run over 2 dozen clones a cycle it is no problem dusting one or more with pollen from one or more males ! -- I hope to alternate My Widow and the T.E. by running a SOG of one then two weeks later a SOG of the other !-- then later clone the whole grow Unit so the Widow and T.E. have their own Unit !-- 6 more boxes -- 6 more pumps-- 6 more Tri-band LEDs-- 2 multiport air pumps-- some PVC -- micro sprayers- 2" baskets with foam collars ! That's my needs list for one of my grow Units ! Things are really coming together on this rotation too ! My goal is to get a half pound out of each Unit every two weeks and have as many Units as it takes to pay the bills and give us a comfortable life !-- RWS been waxing nastlogic for the swamp !-- I'll be needing a houseboat !-- With all the modern conveniences !-- O.F.C. Mardi Gras throwdown ?

I was thinking there would be a white elephant in your future. Lol. I have been reading a text book on plant hormones and flower development, so when I was at the Emerald Cup and talking to breeders, we talked about hormone and reversing plants. I mentioned an article I read about pruning the roots and seeing sex reversal. Well it turns out this is how a number of breeders are doing it.

The role of roots in sex expression in hemp plants.

Authors

Chailakhyan MK1, Khryanin VN.
Author information

Journal

Planta. 1978 Jan;138(2):185-7. doi: 10.1007/BF00391177.

Affiliation

Abstract

When the shoots of young hemp (Cannabis sativa L.) plants were cut off the roots, cultured as cuttings, and regenerating (adventitious) roots were removed as soon as appearing, ca. 80-90% of the plants became male (had staminate flowers) whereas if the roots were allowed to develop a similar percentage became female (pistillate flowers). Treatment of de-rooted cuttings with 6-benzylaminopurine (15 mg/l) restored the percent of female plants to ca. 80. It is suggested that the root system plays an essential role in sex expression in hemp and that this role is related to cytokinin synthesis in the root.

PMID 24414015 [PubMed]

Good evening weed you old farts. Hope everyone is having a great start to Christmas and the Holidays. I enjoy this time of year, spoiling the kids and eating all the good stuff. Happy Tokerday OFC. Thanks Yooper. :48:

So Umbra -- I could take a clone of my Widow and turn it into a male and breed it back to my girl and produce feminized seed ? Cuz ,what are the trends in California ? What's winning at the cup? Indica / Indica hybrid ? I don't even have the T.E. in hand and I'm already looking for my next variety !-- White Elephant ? I'll put a T.E. male out side and collect pollen !-- If I were going to do that cross I would use a male Widow on a female T.E. -- I do have some Widow pollen off that little inbred male I had ! I've accepted that I just don't have the room to explore many crosses !- Filled up the bloom room today ! On the first I harvest the first group to go through this every two week rotation !-- Looks like most hurdles to making this rotation work are behind me ! Now it's time to get T.E. up to speed and start cranking out some fine weed ! Looking for the best down here so if U even hear a rumour let ole Keef know !

Where's the Hippie ? - Haven't heard from the leaping knome in a few days -- Hope all is well !-- Umbra I never been to no Cup but reviewing past winners -- I think they are a great place for people to gather and enjoy weed and each others company but it appears they have went from a place people could show off their breeding skills -- to an event where money and contacts rule the day !-- I wonder how much it cost to win one of them regional cups anyway ? It's about time to rise above this THC plateau we've on for a decade !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back