Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yoop, glad to hear it. I'll be there, and I know you and Bozzo will, too.

Keef, the stuff I grow slaps me hard. I can't imagine LEDs doing the job any better than my MH/HPS lights do. With an eight by eight foot room with a 6000 BTU air conditioner in it, the heat doesn't factor in. They're a hell of a lot cheaper, too!

Hippie I didn't say other lights were inferior to LEDs !-- and they are expensive !-- It's the heat !-- which is wasted power !-- I don't have a seperate A/C for my grow either just a couple 6 inch fans and the fans on the LEDs -- get plenty air movement and temp runs about 81 in a walkin closet with 6 LEDs - 6 pumps - 2 air pumps and 2 -- 6 inch fans ! -- one end is my veg. / nursery and the other end has 4 boxes shoe horned into it ! each side has a light curtain of mylar I open during the day !-- I teed of the A/C vent and routed it to each side with 4 in PVC !

Why do I grow in a walk in closet ?-- Cause I haven't been able to talk RWS into letting me have that spare bedroom YET ! Later I plan to use the closet as a nursery and that bedroom as bloom ! Don't tell her O.K. !-- I'm thinking I'll get in the same amount of trouble if I'm busted with what I got now or 4 times as much !-- Told RWS if I got busted make sure the newspaper writes that I was growing high quality , high tech weed !-- might need a reference if I ever have to work in the weed biz.

Ya'll don't be breaking the law and stuff !-- I had a traumatic brain injury , P.T.S.D. and I'm crazy as I need to be !-- Been crazy so I'm good at it !

Yeah just goes to show the difference in light performance, that's why I'm seriously looking into the DE fixtures, they're even faster than reg ele. Ballasts
just be careful with de ballast, i know someone that had to change his because it was messing up his neighbor's tv, but not his and his was closer.

Hippie I didn't say other lights were inferior to LEDs !-- and they are expensive !-- It's the heat !-- which is wasted power !-- I don't have a seperate A/C for my grow either just a couple 6 inch fans and the fans on the LEDs -- get plenty air movement and temp runs about 81 in a walkin closet with 6 LEDs - 6 pumps - 2 air pumps and 2 -- 6 inch fans ! -- one end is my veg. / nursery and the other end has 4 boxes shoe horned into it ! each side has a light curtain of mylar I open during the day !-- I teed of the A/C vent and routed it to each side with 4 in PVC !
i like my leds even better in summer, but the metal halide helps me keep the building warm.

Hippie Mane it be summer 9 months out the year down here !-- Hey Ya'll now that I got that T.E. up I'm thinking about what to add next !-- thought I should ask the brain trust what they would recommend.-- it needs to be indica or an indica heavy hybrid - what do people in your area want ?--

Bhogart hash oil machine -- said to recover 95 % of solvent-- and extract 20 % more -- 1 lb. Size $1500-- Anyone know anything about it ?

i bet it is too, being it is a m59 400 watt metal halide high bay light. with white leds in the warm white range.

Nothing wrong with a magnetic ballast. They use a little more juice, but a new one will out live 99% of the OFC. A digital electronic ballast probably won't.

Magnetics are also serviceable.

Hey- I came up with a great idea this afternoon -- U know that box wine ?-- I think it should come with one of them sippy straws like a juice box !

No-No !-- Even better put liquor in juice boxes -- if U can't get the straw in the box -- U had enough !

keef,
That`s all you need, a one gallon wine/liquor box with a long straw on one side of your lazy boy and your pipe and stash box on the other. Later. Peace.

just be careful with de ballast, i know someone that had to change his because it was messing up his neighbor's tv, but not his and his was closer.

I live in an industrial park no neighbors to work about

I live in an industrial park no neighbors to work about
i hear that brother, i wanted to go electronic but i never could scrape up the doe. i have a plan on some vero leds but the same thing, everytime i get some money in my pocket the wife says something to the effect. if i had x amount of money then i could pay this bill. i wish she was working but she is taking care of a older family member, and i would never stop her from that. so i do with what i can. i bought 2 new 400 watt mh high bay lights for $40.00 but will have to do something different this summer. now i got to get some more good soil.

And another morning dawns in the OFC. Good morning to all. What do we need this morning ? Ahhhh, yes, I know. Wake and bake time ya`ll. Join me and start the day off the OFC way. Later. Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back