Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nic, there are solutions. First confirm the area of coverage your looking for, you may need to use a mix of HPS and LED, or use the 300.00 for air cooled hoods. Good LED isn't cheap, and I cannot recommend one brand over another. Check with THG she got a MARS 900 I believe, she can give you her feed back. Keef runs a series of MARS 300's...., Hammy runs them too and is a mod and a good source of information, trick is really working out the solution. Only LED's I use are 1500.00 a pop and only cover a 4x4 area but they make real good use of 16 sq ft. Mine are not the only brand or solution, just the one I went with.

Hippy my best run so far with my LED's was 1.641 gpw. My average over 7 runs now is 1.586. and those numbers stay consistent across strains, some yielding a little better some a little worse, but never under 1.52 gpw so far.

They're worth the money Kraven.......your LEDs are the best I've seen....... their cost ain't jack when you consider the years of good grows they provide.

Nic, I just run two 4x4 area's, not a commercial producer, just making my own meds. I only own 2 fixtures. I think the Mars 300s will cover a 3x3, might be able to get 2 for around 300.00 I have never used them personally but know somebody who ran them and he was pleased with the results while he was using them.

I just chose to get a very high end fixture with a strong 5 year warranty that is American made, it works and is worth every penny imho. I feel fortunate to have been in a position to be able to afford such expensive fixtures. I did not enter the LED market till I was very sure of what I was getting and what they were capable of, then it took some serious saving and a bit of nerves to plunk down a bunch of money on a technology I had yet to try. I waited and saved for a long time. I hope you are able to find a solution to the heat, that was the main reason I went to LED.

They're worth the money Kraven.......your LEDs are the best I've seen....... their cost ain't jack when you consider the years of good grows they provide.

I feel the same way 13, I'm still as impressed as the day I installed them....still gotta wear my LED shades when they are lit....the intensity is a bit overwhelming.

I assume you are running some type cob led
I am looking at building mine. Cost to much to buy already made

Sounds good and good luck. I hope you are able to build an awesome fixture.

Here is the quick spec's:

Details

520W (one-to-one replacement for 1000W HPS)
PPF: 830 µmol
On-board dimming (direct dimming and non-dimming versions available)
Low energy consumption
Waterproof (IP66)
Lightweight and silent
Fixture weight: 37 lbs.
Fixture dimensions: 4′ x 2′
96 ultra-efficient illumitex Surexi F3 LED arrays; each array at 5.4 watts
Passive heat sink (no fans)
Integrated power supply
ETL/cETL listing
RoHS compliant

Available Spectra

F3: General purpose, best for germination, flowering

I just chose to get a very high end fixture with a strong 5 year warranty that is American made, it works and is worth every penny imho. I feel fortunate to have been in a position to be able to afford such expensive fixtures. I did not enter the LED market till I was very sure of what I was getting and what they were capable of, then it took some serious saving and a bit of nerves to plunk down a bunch of money on a technology I had yet to try. I waited and saved for a long time. I hope you are able to find a solution to the heat, that was the main reason I went to LED.

I can appreciate that. I'm not funded for something like that but it would be nice. I just want to dip my toe in the water so to speak and see how it goes.

Woodhippy, I have been giving some consideration to that too. Saw some interesting videos on the tube about build your own COB kits.

I do the best I can on all throttle and no bottle !-- One day I get some CO2 when I get all this other stuff worked out !-- Those pic are from a previous grow !--

Nick I am looking at the same. Not a expert, Just been looking at them for 2 month.
Kraven not familiar with yours out of my league. I will look them up when I get home sunday. I Think they sound like cob led.

Nic I'd give the 300 a go, keef continues to crush it turn after turn, his meds look as good if not better than mine. I'm in no way suggesting you wait or spend tons of money, thats just the route I took. There are many paths to epic meds, trick is to find one that fits you and your situation.

I will have to agree. I would be happy with flowers that size. Keef rocking the leds.

Kraven there sure is a learning curve with LEDs I used to put them shop fixtures with grow-lux tubes right down on the canopy !-- Best not do that with LED !-- Mane Mars Hydro 300 Reflector Series is all I know !-- I think they run around $175 (?) --I'm just now starting to get a feel for them !-- Cobb LEDs someone learns to build them ? -- I'm in !

O.K. I'm lit up !-- I took some pictures and don't remember the order! -- There's a pic of my little NS -- Was it Bud looking for some Purple to breed to a purple girl ? -- 2 Purples in one and Purple Haze in another !-
Then I thought Kraven said something about a Nepal Indica ? -- Might be wrong about everything so here they are !

Keef i'm looking for something as sweet but yet as powerful as what I have already I would just leave her alone but she's getting week because she's so old I will post a few pics of her tomorrow even though she's pretty old she still Doing her thing I think some thing like the BB KING might be the one unless you're holding out on me and hiding something stronger :48:

When it comes to LEDs -- I kinda got a vision but Unless I learn to build my own LEDs I just couldn't do it !-- I would like a bloom room with the walls and ceiling covered with LEDS Or enough to give anything anywhere in bloom plenty light ! -- up out the way with no fiddling with them !- Is a thing like that even possible ?

Hippy -- That's the mother of the B.B.King seed headed your way ! -- She's very forgiving and if U treat her right she'll kick it !-- Ain't no way to prepare U for opening bloom and have that blueberry scent waft out !-- Wait !-Wait !-- U got Skunky seed too ! -- U better keep that stanky stuff away from the B.B. !-- That would be just wrong !-- There's the required initial allotment of B.B.King -- Hippie's Dawg !- and the B.B. crossed on Bubblicious! -- I think there were 5 but U can let me know what I sent when they arrive !

Hey folks. I need me some opinions an' recomendations. I gots $300 burning a hole in my pocket and I gots a heat problem. I'm thinking I'm gonna try Led lighting out for my next run. Given a budget of $300 and a grow space of 6' x 8' what would you recommend that I can get from Amazon? I only use about 1/2 of the space for growing and the rest for manuvering about. Been looking at the 600 watt mars but I dunno nuttin' 'bout no leds. Coverage ideally would be a 3' x 6' area.:vap-Bong_smoker:
I have one 600 watt hps in there now on a light mover and it gets the job done but 1/2 inch of plywood seperates the small room from the flowering room which has 2 600 watt hps lights in it. All 3 at once is more then my 7000 btu ac can cope with in the summer.

I would look at the King or kings 1200 that hamster Lewis new light I'm thinking about picking up a few myself

I think I'm going to throw the hippie dog and a pineapple chunk into flower tomorrow at least I'll know for sure the pineapple chunk is a female all these boys are starting to bum me out found two more today

Hay Keef your widow is looking pretty nice it shouldn't be too much longer before I get to stick her into flower :joint4:

Hay Nick The other thing I noticed about the king LED is it has a yellow LED I think it is where the other ones don't plus it has a better placement of the blue LEDs than a lot of the other ones don't get me wrong it is still a cheap LED but they prove to work very well like I said I'm going to be ordering one pretty quick here hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back