Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch that Dawg for hermies Bud !-- The Widow ? -- Pretty safe bet she's a girl !- Cross something funky on her and send me a few seeds -- Nothing wrong with those genetics !-- I think U gonna be happy with her !-- I saw something when I got a few accidental seed !-- I ended up with 2 boys and no girls but that plant structure was magnificent !-- U cross that B.B. on that Widow ? -- U will not be disappointed!

When it comes to LEDs -- I kinda got a vision but Unless I learn to build my own LEDs I just couldn't do it !-- I would like a bloom room with the walls and ceiling covered with LEDS Or enough to give anything anywhere in bloom plenty light ! -- up out the way with no fiddling with them !- Is a thing like that even possible ?

Hippy -- That's the mother of the B.B.King seed headed your way ! -- She's very forgiving and if U treat her right she'll kick it !-- Ain't no way to prepare U for opening bloom and have that blueberry scent waft out !-- Wait !-Wait !-- U got Skunky seed too ! -- U better keep that stanky stuff away from the B.B. !-- That would be just wrong !-- There's the required initial allotment of B.B.King -- Hippie's Dawg !- and the B.B. crossed on Bubblicious! -- I think there were 5 but U can let me know what I sent when they arrive !

Check him out buddy

http://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=4N-bbQmB7bA

Watch that Dawg for hermies Bud !-- The Widow ? -- Pretty safe bet she's a girl !- Cross something funky on her and send me a few seeds -- Nothing wrong with those genetics !-- I think U gonna be happy with her !-- I saw something when I got a few accidental seed !-- I ended up with 2 boys and no girls but that plant structure was magnificent !-- U cross that B.B. on that Widow ? -- U will not be disappointed!

I can't wait I'm pretty excited for that one :48:

morning ofc.

hey st. nick before you drop your dime on them mars check out timber grow lights. you just have to build a frame to support them as they are called a kit. you can get them with bridgelex vero's cheaper and if using gen 7 cobs it is better then the cree at the moment. then you have the cree cob lights and both are proven winners. yooper had the advanced diamond series and had one go out. he got a timber and running next to the diamonds he has left and says as he gets the money they will all be timber. says the timber blows the advanced away. the white leds are full spectrum so with the 3500k (my choice) or the 4000k you can use for veg and bloom or a 3000k for just bloom. if anything goes bad it can be changed real easy. here's a link. oh by the way i'm not saying the mars doesn't work cause they do, and the diamond is better then the mars. diy is the cheapest but you have to copy a design or design one your self. i got a few combos on paper if interested. i have two bridgelus vero 18's, two arctic alpine 11 plus cpu coolers and two lpc-60-1400 meanwell drivers that are waiting for me to put together. i have less then $90.00 in them with shipping and they will be about 45 watts each. so i'm at $1.00 a watt with these.

http://timbergrowlights.com/

Morning OFC
I have been looking at Cobkits.com
Glad to see there others with experience with cobs.

Sounds good Giggy, I will be excited to see how your return on your investment plays out. Morning all, all day football today and tomorrow. Peace

Good morning. Umbra, mr rb will enjoy your pictures when he gets up.. He was a munitions maintenance guy in the AF... he loaded those bombs on planes. And of course if your talking atomic bombs, those were made in our back yard. YIKES...

So weird, I ordered a new LED last week. It is a Lush light. I have been watching a lot of grows for a year with it..With bud growing w/1000 W in the shed and me in the bathroom, our power bill is going to double.. So my new light will be here in another week. I am anxious to try them out. The specs look a like like yours Kraven. If you want to see them i can get them for you. I think it will pay for itself in a while..

Happy New year... 2016 was one of the worst...so lets plan on greatness for 2017..

Yes ma'am, I would like to see. I always enjoy looking at tech. I'm excited for you. :)

Morning O.F.C. !
I'm gonna have to learn about these Cobbs and Cree light! -- I can't afford to run anything but LEDs because of power usage !-- I gotta do what I can with what I got ! -- I'm just not as good a farmer as many here !-- I got good genetics so it's just a matter learning to get the best from them !

The year did suck Rose --I am ready for it to end !-- Purple Haze is beautiful --Pretty Purple bud !-- I'll be trying a few more Bubba's Momma seed -I kilt my baby girl !
I ain't got time to talk !- Weed ain't gonna smoke itself !

I find this info on my old LEDs but not on the Mars !-- Looks like about the same mix !-- I wish I could build light boards -- The rest is off the shelf !-- Do the Cobbs come in colors ? -- Could I build a light board with Cobbs and put it in my Mars Frame ? -- I'm O.K. with Mars but they could be better ! --
Giggy on those timber LEDs -- Would one of those kits fit in a Mars frame ?

They got different color reds - blues - white -- orange !-- I got a general idea what is best in veg and bloom but -- This sheets gets more complicated the deeper U dig !-- Could I just get a light board that I can just change out the chips ?

Dominator 2x XL
300 High Intensity 3 watt LED
650 watts,

Flowering and Vegetation
Full Spectrum LED Grow Light
30 lbs
Width 12”
Length 36”
Height 3 ½”
Covers up to a 5'x5' area
Concentrated over a 4'x4' area 70,000 lumens
1,200 µmoles 24'' away from Dominator 2x XL!

This doesn't mean much to me Kraven, but it will to you.

Rose I been upgrading from 3 watt chips to 5 watt chips -- I'm vegging with my 3 watt Mars the blooming under the new 5 watt chips !-- Don't mean a lot to me 'cept more means more !-- I want the optimum color mix for veg and the bloom !-- but I'm not even sure what that mix would be yet !

Just got a text from D.D. !-- Car started knocking real bad and the oil light came on and it was smoking !--She stuck out in the middle of nowhere and I got no way to get there and don't know what I could do if I was there !-- Keef no mechanic but he be thinking -- That car be finished !-- D.D.--supposed to work again tonight -- U can't take a taxi 50 miles each way !-- Afraid this job be finished too !-- Excuse me while I freak out scream and throw sheet !-- Great end to a great year !

We got roadside assistance and towing on the insurance but I wouldn't know what to do !-- The rage rises !

Based on what little I know Rose, it really looks like the "good" footprint is gonna be closer to 3x3 maybe 4x4 with some fall off at the edges....penetration is gonna be the key factor and how deep they punch into the canopy. I wouldn't run them closer than 24" to start and see what you get the first run. You said you have been watching them and your very smart, if it looks like you could get the results your after and it's cost effective I would say give it a go. I am nowhere near as educated as other peeps we know, he just has such a history dealing with suppliers, and the industry as a whole. Even starting his own line of lights that performed very well. I'll be interested to see how well they perform for you. Me I would personally shoot him a pm and ask his opinion....he would have real answers and that might save you money based on what he knows or if he doesn't know about them then is always honest. I just have a good relationship with him and trust his advice. Either way I see keef getting good results with the mars 300, so imho you don't have to spend mega bucks to run LED, you just need to tailor your expectations to the lights actual ability. I always like to see new tech so hopefully you will get a product that performs to your expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back