Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Rose,Nick....I will sift through the soil and remove the roots. Then sweeten it up...
BB king for breakfast....:48:

Keef, those COBs that hippy linked to are the size of a softball. They are designed to be mounted 8-10 inches apart and the driver is the size of a 400 watt hps driver. Won't fit in your Mars chassis but that is actually a good thing. It allows you to tailor the light footprint to your individual grow. I'm pretty sure this may be the future of led lighting . The chips themselves run about 50-55 dollars apiece but then you have to add the heat sink and chip holder, probably a lense of your choice and then achassis to mount it all. Including the driver you wind up paying about the same as a comparable pre-built model using similar technology. Just my opinion. :vap-Bong_smoker:

Sorry about the car, I just went through that myself.

D.D. in the town truck !-- Tow truck driver told her the oil drain plug was missing !-- What the **** !--
Maybe she didn't blow it up -- No telling how much damage !--- Before U ask -- I have my oil changed !

Keef I hate to say it my friend but if the motor was knocking she's done

Keef Who did the last oil change on the car please tell me it was a shop and not that long ago

Of all the things that could have happened --That would have been my fault -- The oil plug ?-- Told she was a lightening rod like me !-- Stuff like this don't happen to people in the normal world !-- I mean she stepped into a mud puddle walking down the street in New Orleans --Except it wasn't a mud hole some one had Stine a manhole cover !--One leg all the way down to the crotch !--- That lower back ain't ever gonna be the same !

It's been several months ago at Walmart - I don't even know if I have a receipt! -- Nick I know U right but leave me a little hope !
We've had that car since 2006 - Nothing last forever ! - The timing just sucks !-- Probably have to see if we can take some out the retirement fund -- Probably take awhile and have to pay penalties and stuff !-- We know the struggle !--U do what U got to do !

Keef I would still try to go back on them being that they are the last ones to put the drain plug in that stuff is not just supposed to fall out no matter how many miles you put on it so that tells me they did not do their job right and Walmart is notorious for either not putting them in tight enough or putting them into tight which causes them to strip

I just want a light board where I can change the chips !-- I use 1 of those Mars 300 Reflector Series over each box which is about half a square meter / yard -- So in theory I got 600 Watts per sq. yd.--- I'm O.K.
but I want to be able to change the color spectrum by changing chips or light boards !-- The 5 watt chips work great but one chip goes ? -So does the whole circuit !-- I gotta sharpen up my solder skill don't I ?

Bud -- I find the papers I be up at Walmart !-- No-- the oil plug doesn't just fall out !-- I never heard of this happening !-- I'm trying to just remain calm and wait for D.D. to make it home !-- She gonna say --What we gonna do ? -- I got no answer for her !

Keef I would still try to go back on them being that they are the last ones to put the drain plug in that stuff is not just supposed to fall out no matter how many miles you put on it so that tells me they did not do their job right and Walmart is notorious for either not putting them in tight enough or putting them into tight which causes them to strip
Walmart striped my mother in laws not to long ago told her not to go there..and she wouldn't take it back...
Keef write corporate if you have to ,what you got to loose....

I just want a light board where I can change the chips !-- I use 1 of those Mars 300 Reflector Series over each box which is about half a square meter / yard -- So in theory I got 600 Watts per sq. yd.--- I'm O.K.
but I want to be able to change the color spectrum by changing chips or light boards !-- The 5 watt chips work great but one chip goes ? -So does the whole circuit !-- I gotta sharpen up my solder skill don't I ?

Soldering is easy. I taught soldering in the navy for almost 6 years. Get yourself a 35 watt fine tip soldering iron and some 63-37 rosin core solder, for that project you want .028 to .035, diameter solder, no larger. And a good rosin flux, not that pipe stuff you get at the hardware store. If you want to make your lights last and end that one fails they all do, just solder a cheap zener across each chip. If a light goes out the zenerz will pass the current around the failed light. (assuming you get the pos-neg right!) :vap-Bong_smoker:

I know but I'd rather just go beat somebody down !-- Don't know who that would be !--
U know what's Ironic? -- I make good liquor and grow fine weed but if I put either one of those skills to work -- I go to jail ! -- I can look thru the window of the candy store but they won't let me in !-- Bout tired of it !

strip the threads by over tightening or cross threading will cause a drain screw to back out or fall out........... happens when changers think they gotta use an air tool to pull and put back in the plug screw........ after a week or 10 days it'll be hard to pin it on wally world......... I'll tell you this....... most oil changers at wally worlds are not highly trained techs.

G13 kinda summed it up it's been awhile !

Nick I could learn to solder !-- I mean I understand the process -- I used to weld for a living !
Built a machine for a company up north and set thier shop up to produce it !-- Anyway R&D was my gig till they no longer need R&D !--
This is my version of the Baghdad battery !-- Fill it up with a slightly acidic or salty fluid and it makes a low amp 3 volt charge and doesn't run down !

View attachment 20161231_114323.jpg

U want to feel my frustration ? --That was the first proto type - It goes beyond that !-- I know how to power a home with something the size of a refrigerator that needs no fuel !-- I know how to put the power source for a boat in it's skin !-- I hear D.D. !

U got a volt meter ? -- Take a piece of steel (a nail )and a piece of copper wire now get a container of salty water !-- Stick the steel and copper into the salt water with out them touching and see what the volt meter says !--- Short them out by touching them poles in a direct short --Run a regular battery down and it's done !--- Remove the direct short and current flows again !-- They could be hooked up in series or parallel to produce the current U want !-- I did make a 12 volt trickle battery charger !-- Then my Muse showed me stuff ( don't know how else to explain it )-- I've spoken of "Wet Heat" ? -- It was to be my swan song !--An engine with no moving parts !--
When it is not your time ? --That is not your time !--
D.D. come home in a rental car !-- D.D. said the light come on and she pulled off the road then it started smoking !-- Might be a chance ?

I'll be better !-- I get carried away sometimes !-- We got some ex navy don't we ? -- "Wet Heat" is my version of the power plant that drove the Bliss-Leavit steam torpedo !-- When a rudder broke on on test the one ton torpedo jumped 45 feet out the water !--- Change it from a closed to an open system with controls and strap it on a boat ! --- I had my retirement all worked out !-- A little shop where I could tinker and build some of my stuff !-- For me the satisfaction comes from seeing a mental image take form and do what it's supposed to do !-- There was this wedged shaped plexiglass air boat type snow mobile -- Never figured out a braking system !-- Built enough to see it move on it's own with a 300 lb pay load !-- Chopped it up with a cutting torch rather than leave it for them !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back