Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my dogs have never been this way before. If my son hadn't woke me up, I would have stayed in bed and they would have slept through the night. But with the way they acted, it was hard to tell what was wrong. I called and asked the vet how they were doing, lol. He said they're sedated but fine. My son and I are going to get some sleep, now.

I think that rain is up here now. I don't see how it could frost here tonight, but that's what they say. heavy rain ,so I got plastic over the hoops already, along with a fan for 2 days . now have to cover some tomato's always ready to cover the girls if needed.

Morning all, funny to see I'm the only one waking and baking...hope everyone has a great day.

Good morning boys,

Low of 66, that can't be good. Have company coming today that will be too hot here... she is from the ocean.. and it is cold there.

Umbra, thinking about the pups.

Kraven, good morning.

Rose glad to see you, missed talking to you the last few days. They have been hectic, hope you have a wonderful visit w/ friends.

Lets smoke a bowl while these old farts sleep, Kraven.
Do you go back to work tomorrow?

Go to bed late (5am), means missing the first session of wake and bake. But I`m real good at making it up. Got coffee in one hand and a bowl in the other, so it`s wake and bake time.
Good morning Kravenhead, Rosebzzz and the rest of the OFC.

Hey Yooper, good morning! My bees are still here.. I am glad you are caching up on this wake n bake.

Yehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,,,Sunshine. I dont know if i can go outside,,,my eyes cant handle that bright stuff. Lol

In the 20`s over night ? *** ? At least it`s sunny out this morning.

No sun here. 47 damn degrees, no sun, and damp. Yech. I'm wearing out the switches on the central air and the boiler. Run the air for a couple of days, run the boiler for a couple of days. Seems like mom nature can't make up her mind.

Oh well. Got hash. Who cares?:)

I did not think it frosted last night until I got to the one tomato plant that did not have a pot covering it's dead. guess it did frost. late toast to you all

Lets smoke a bowl while these old farts sleep, Kraven.
Do you go back to work tomorrow?

Lol, that's the question, i am sorta off the nursing rotation and waiting in limbo till they make a decision. I will talk to the DON and see what her thoughts are tomorrow. Costs me $275.00 a day to be off so i need to be doing something while they are farting around and making up their mind....sorta is a pickle right now, with the DON pushing and HR pushing back...and it's getting really embarrassing to me now so going back to work in either position will be sorta unsettling for a bit till this all blows over.

I bet Kraven, doesn't sound fun at first to go back.. you will do it and do it well.

Morning OFC. Kraven, I have been in a similar situation. It is hard to just shrug it off.
Rose, only 1 dog came home last night, the other they kept for observation since she has not completely got everything out of her system. More money. When they got into the compost pile, they ate some trim, but they also ate rotting food and dog **** drenched in EM1. I use to break down the compost. Apparently eating rotting food can cause similar effects on dogs, as can chocolate, oranges, grapes and raisins, and plums. Of course, I have an orange tree and a plum tree. Plums are bountiful and falling off the tree right now.

Oh dear Umbra, what a worry. I hope they are better soon. It kinda sucks when your so worried about them and you keep seeing the bill add up... been there, didn't like it.

What can you do to keep them out of it?

my yorkie loved to hunt toads. She would leap off the porch and grab them. She never killed them. As soon as she got them she would spit them out. then she would start foaming at the mouth. It looked like she had gotten into some soap. We got real worried ,until it kept happening. she never stopped hunting them. She knew she would be foaming at the mouth, but she could not resist it. The toads had something on them as a protection I guess. It got to be funny.. She would look up to me with the foam flowing out . I kept telling her ,just don't do it. But it never ended.

My other Borzoi, Negoi (Nick) used to do the same thing. The Old Hen came booking in out of the backyard, hollering that he had rabies. I went out to check him. He was laying on his side, frothing at the mouth, eyes rolling. I'd seen him playing with something earlier. A quick inspection turned up his toy, a toad. After observing him, I have to admit I was tempted to lick the toad's back myself. Looked like a party!

When I open the front door at night, you can hear them everywhere. At first I thought it was crickets, but it was frogs croaking. Some toads have a protective coating to keep them from being eaten, it is a psychotropic compound. My son knows some people that would lick toads to try and get high from them. I don't think it worked out the way they thought it would, since all they got was sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back