Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep drinking :)

Yep, that works. I did that from about 15 years old until I was 35. Worked like a charm.

I think I died from alcoholism when I was 35 and I was so well pickled that I just haven't expired yet. LOL

i'm 67,, just turn this sept,, nn tell no lies ,, smoke the MMJ,, even tho no legal yet here in Florida,, n Fart like hell hahahhhaahhahahahhahhahah

Lovbnstoned -- Dude U got the right attitude !--- smoked my first joint back in '73 at the military police school !-- I knew then I'd found an old friend ! U would be surprised at all the stuff people will stick under the seat when they think they might be in trouble -- never busted anyone for possession always gave them a chance to hide it in my jeep ! Came home from the Army with a sack of seed and a plan ! Haul a 5 gal bucket up into a bald cypress tree -- wire that puppy in place and when the seedlings were ready stick them up there !-- people in the swamp hardly ever look up !

i'm 67,, just turn this sept,, nn tell no lies ,, smoke the MMJ,, even tho no legal yet here in Florida,, n Fart like hell hahahhhaahhahahahhahhahah

one month left then you legal. But I have heard that the ballot proposal calls for 2500 dispensaries but no home growing. Who wrote the proposal up the farmers in south Florida? or have I heard wrong? I will be coming there for the winters if it passes. Welcome to the old farts

I have been trimming the purple all day. forgot how much work it is. it sure makes the rest of the girls look pale. I love the smoke ,it even taste purple.

Glad you decided to join us in Curmudgeonland. I turn 67 in November, live in the U.P. of Michigan. Spend the winters in Florida (sometimes). Have used MJ daily since July `68. Wife farts enough for both of us. Peace.

Good afternoon weed everyone. Took the male down and now it's drying in the garage. Just can't throw it away. Not sure what I will do with it. Wish I had a juicer. I cut 4 - 5' walking stick off the bottom end and it is still 8 plus ft hanging. Pretty plant even if it was a guy. Every time I say it's a guy I remember we were on liberty call in New Zealand, can't remember where in New Zealand, but it was almost closing time and Carlos picked up a gorgeous blond and head out across the street and up the stairs with her. We were all outside because of the bar closing when from across the street we heard this horrendous roar and about 10 seconds later Carlos was at the bottom of the stair screaming "she's a flucking guy. That brings back a lot of memories form 1970. Now I will be sitting here for the next hour or so thinking about all the good times on liberty.

View attachment 0926141740.jpg

Bozzo - wasn't it U who asked me about rent on the island ? --- bumped into some snowbirds and asked them where do most snowbirds stay for the winter ? Some stayed in an R.V. park but some said they bought a condo and have a management firm rent it out during peak season and stay there themselves durin winter ! They say they pretty much break even for the year !

Never to old to learn !-- been over at seedfinder -- Just when did they change the name of a Northern Lights - White Widow cross from White Rhino to Medicine Man ? Hello Mr. Nice ! Gotta have it !!

Question for the Brain Trust: How many lumens per square foot are you running? I've seen the figure of 3000 tossed around here in many posts.

Bozzo - wasn't it U who asked me about rent on the island ? --- bumped into some snowbirds and asked them where do most snowbirds stay for the winter ? Some stayed in an R.V. park but some said they bought a condo and have a management firm rent it out during peak season and stay there themselves durin winter ! They say they pretty much break even for the year !

I had rental houses for 20 years...you could not give me another one. I rent and do not have to worry till I get down the next year. And those R.V.s pay half of what I pay for a spot to park them. It's to far down there. Would be another day of travel each way.

good evening hippie. In my 4x4 tent I run any where's from 4500 to 6000 lumens per square foot. I have dropped it down to 2500 but after a week I put it back up to 4500. this is MH lumens.

I have been told by smarter people then me that you need 3000 lumens per sq feet during veg. 5,000 lumens per sq ft for flowering.

Thanks, Bill and Miss Rose. I don't believe all the hype in lumen output by the manufacturers (they rate a 600W at 96K), so realistically I'm running over 5000 and feeling under gunned. I've been scrog-ing a four foot by four foot screen with a 600 watt HPS. I bought an exact duplicate and am going to throw that in the mix during peak/final stage of growth. That should put me at over 11K per square foot if my ciphering is correct.

I know you can bake 'em with heat, but I've never heard of killing 'em with too much light.

Meant to mention that I've read where you should shoot for 50 watts per square foot, so my 16 sq. ft. should have 800, and two fixtures would put me at 1200. I'm pretty sure when it comes to lights, too much is never enough. They all pale in comparison to Old Saul.

I agree with the manufactures idea of what there bulbs will put out. With going up to 11k you better have some good height to you tent. Even at 6000 you should be around 20" away from the plant.

I use a XL cool tube reflector, and with the ballast on 100%, I can get the light within 12-16 inches of the tops. I always went by the old adage, if you can put your hand over the top of the bud and the bulb doesn't make the back of your hand uncomfortable, you're fine.

The tube is hooked up to six inch ducting with a inline fan, and the ballast aren't in the room. I run a dehumidifier and an air conditioner in a sealed room.

The single fixture worked fine, but after three grows in the room, I just get the feeling the extra fixture wouldn't hurt. I guess the proof will be in the weight of the harvest and the quality of the weed.

sounds like you have it handled just fine. A couple of months ago I cooked some weed in whole milk and so added cream. turned out really good but I made to much. So I froze it in an ice tray. Made myself a nice smoothie tonight with 3 cubes in it and I'm about ready to blast off. See yea:bolt:

Time to get up so we can get down !!--- Bunch of Old Fartknockers ! Lumins, Watts , square feet -- Ya'll know math hurts my brain !-- How's this ? I use one 90 watt triband LED per box.--My aero boxes are about 20 in. X 36 in. -- if that's too much or too little , don't tell the my Widow ! Girlfriend is over a year old and I swear this plant has adapted to my grow conditions !-- just took another box of clones -- My box lids have a checkerboard pattern -- 5 rows of 7 squares-- I drill a 2" hole in each square - I use one for pump and bubbler cords and hoses -- that leaves 34 spots for plants -- 8-12 in. tall they go to bloom ! She bolts for 2 weeks then settles down to make bud !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back