Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it was a horrible time and you vets were treated horribly and I am sorry our country was whatever we were. Kent State.... changed me. Our parents thought we were dirty hippies... the idealistic 50s were over.. Bobbie Kennedy, MLK,

We all had our experiences. Mine, for the most part, were great. Oh yeah, you had the occasional run-in with the local rednecks or cops, but it paled in comparison with all the fun that was had.
Only real bad experience I personally knew of happened to a friend of mine, Darrel. He was at the local ice cream shop when three soldiers on their way to the jungle decided killing a hippie might just be entertaining. The three brave souls beat him unconscious and proceeded to kick him in the head until they tired of the game.

Long story short, he came out of the hospital months later a changed man. The straight A high school student had the mental function of a three year old. He never held a job. He died at 38 in a bar parking lot from a ruptured liver caused by severe alcoholism.

One consolation. Darrel's mother kept track of the three soldiers names. Karma is real. All three names are on a long black wall.

I kinda like the times we live in today !--Remember when the telephone was attached to the wall ?--Or your first color T.V. ---8 track tapes ? -- Drive in Movies ? -- What about telephone party lines ?-- That Democratic Convention in Chicago ---Manatory minimum drug sentences ?---JFK and the end of Camelot ?---

See the Ying and the yang --The good and bad !---We weren't all bad and we certainly weren't all good !-- I myself tried to beat a soldier to death for practicing his karate on an 8 year old girl !--The thought that he was a fellow soldier never crossed my mind !-- That was the day I crossed the line and went from LEO to judge , jury and executioner !---

Afternoon all, You all been pretty busy....Hippie You are working on that bus outside??
Rose I Know right where you grew up sure "beautiful"
All that Hippie stuff I don't Know,All I remember is the Judge telling me{Son your Hippie Dippy days are over} we were in a bind:) Well lets warm up for 4:20 :48:

Hippie, that is a horrible story. You all have some horrific memories. I have a couple of my own. Not gun fire or physical killing. nothing like that.

Mr Cane, story goes my dad picked out the farm he bought with a shovel. He took a shovel to every farm he looked at... Our farm won the dirt contest... See, now that is cool. That man.... don't get me started. It was a pretty idyllic time to grow up when we look back. but at the time, like keef said, good and bad.

It is one big brick Keef, don't think the roots would like that.

Nes I grew up in a valley on a farm.
All 5 kids have some sort of immune disorder... DDT anyone? That is why i am such an organic nut. Dad was a great farmer though.

My mother played the church organ until she was 89. We grew up with great music. Now you know my life story.

Rose, All my siblings including my self have a neurological disorder Of some Kind....Dad feed us well out of the garden and I remember him throwing dust around, spraying..ECT...Who knows what.... They thought that they were doing good...:confused:

Umbra, very good words. I wish I possessed a talent with words.
Hippie, man that's a rough story. Wow.
Rose, I think you had it good. I came from a stable, and strong family. And I've just realized at 27 years old, just how lucky I am.

Frying some bacon. Going to have BLT's for supper. With mayo on both slices of bread!!

Cheeseburger --Chilli Cheese Fries and Onion Rings with lots of ketchup !--I don't like it anymore !-- I'm full !-
Dog --Umbra is the word man up in here !--

Some things are best left unremembered. Umbra, most interesting man, did you write that poetry? Lovely.

Open face steak sandwich .....On the Hippie diet just one slice of bread:p:

Yea I try to leave my memories in the box, seen things, done things...they change a man.

Pot Roast ?--- Chicken Pot Pie ? --- Pot Luck ? --Pot holder ?-- Pot Belly ? -- Pot Hole --Pot Stickers --Shall I go on ? Check

That's why it's called a roach clip-- cause "pot holder" was already being used.

You guys are killin' me! Two 86 friggin calorie cornmeal pancakes. Yum.
Cane, switch to potato bread. Two slices for the calories of one.

Diets suck. Bell bottoms are kool.

striped bell bottoms are really cool.

seafare jeans that buttoned?

Diets don't work. Eat butter.

Funny DD...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back