Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HR JUST CALLED, SAID I NAILED THE INTERVIEW AND THE COMMITTEE WAS IMPRESSED WITH MY BODY OF WORK, THEY OFFERED ME THE JOB WITH AN EVEN BIGGER RAISE, I START MONDAY THE 8TH....OFFICIALLY. smokem if ya gotem :48:

Yehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, ,way to go . Congratulations

Yea WH it was getting dumb around here for a few days, what a crazy process. I'm just glad after all the dust settled....I was chosen as the best man for the job, and that pleases me, now nobody can ever say that job was handed to me, ever. :)

great news kraven!!! that's really good.
well. I had a fiasco at work today. I work with a guy that has to be better than others. I bought a dirt bike, he goes and buys a bigger, newer one. haha in my eyes mine is still better cuz its street legal. anyway, I get along with anyone.. my dad is a tea party guy, an aunt im really close to is so far left it scares me sometimes. lol I had to learn to thread lightly early in life. soo, dude has moved my motorcycle three times now.. I go outside and its gone. I asked hime twice now to stop. he has a Harley, I never mess with his ride.. big no. so today im riding with a coworker to pick up some dirt bike parts during lunch. wtff? my bike is gone. I completely lost it. went back to my tool box and got my pipe I keep for emergency use.

I took three tokes and It helped a lot. I still felt the rage three times on the way back to the shop. at least the grass took the edge off. slowed my breathing down. i felt my bp go back down some. it had been an hour by then. I planned on not talking to the guy till the end of the day. get him alone and speak man to man. we ended up meeting in the breakroom, infront of maybe 8 guys. just some drivers waiting to get their trucks repaired, others mechanics I work with... he never saw it coming. i guess he was still thinking it was a joke. as soon as we made eye contact in the breakroom, I basically said to stop f'ing with my stuff. I was angry but still composed. he got an attitude and said I should lock my handlebars if I didn't want people moving my bike. that's when I lost it all and started cussing him out. i wasn't ape crap crazy, but i had the rage. that red sight where i cant control my anger very well at all. honestly, if he had stood his ground and stepped up, we would have had blows. im still keyed up. man, my eye was twitching, arms was shaking. i was gone.
im not sure if anyone here knows yet, but i served a few years in the Georgia correctional system back in 2007-2010. one negative thing i picked up was, i take things from level one straight to 9. 10 means we are fighting. it was a needed skill to survive, but its been a battle to leave that behind.
sorry to load down the thread with ** and long winded posts. kinda felt it would help calm me down.
at least now, everyone here knows i wont take any crap from someone.

Reminds me of the time the bar owner of a watering hole I frequented thought he'd be funny and was going to push my FXST around back so I'd think someone stole it. Caught him half way around the building and made him push it back. Told him vengeance is a desert best served up cold.

Fast forward to the following February. I saw him go out to start his Caddy to warm it up (bitterly cold that night). I gave him enough time to get busy doing something and I sneaked out the door. Climbed in his car, drove it over to the restaurant next door, popped all four doors open, shut it off, pitched the keys in the snowbank, walked back to my truck, and left. If you don't start crap, there won't be any crap!

one night a friend and I stumbled out of our favorite bar and the keys were missing. Called a locksmith and he said he could be there at 6am. we walked around the lake to a all night restaurant. Ate breakfast and crossed straight across the frozen lake. got there at 5am. The keys were in the ignition . The next night I thanked the bar tender. A friend he was watching out for me. And he was right. lol I had no business driving that night.

Gantt - you did the right thing bro.
Yeah, he apologized. And I apologized later for calling him out in front of everyone. We are fine now. I just want to be treated with respect. Im not asking much. I got a lot of thumbs up at work from people that heard or saw it. Haha.
I joke as much as anyone else here. It keeps us in good spirits. I NEVER mess or joke with someones property. Tool box, tools.

On another subject... I just noticed the guys that replaced some of our florescent lights used a different spectrum. We got some daylight bulbs now. Too bad they t12's. Lol.

Wow you guys life is complicated sometimes. Krave, congratulations on the job. I never doubted.. easy for me to say huh.

Gnatt, that would have ticked me off... not funny. Glad you got your point made...dork of him.

Mr rb and i went out for lunch, that was nice. Yesterday morning my gf that was here from out of town and i went out to breakfast. The waitstaff had just cleaned the tables with bleach.. I had an asthma attack. I have never had one before. I have medicine, that i take daily, but i had my inhaler with me... That was scary. My throat closed... Still tired from that... dum. Hope i never smell bleach again. this is why i am organic.. can't breath chemicals... thank you for listening.

Oh wow Rose, I'm sorry. That is a very scary thing, especially if it happens very rarely. Most people panic in that situation, glad you had your RI with you. Darn Rose, don't do that it gave me a chill sitting here in the 90+ degree sun with 100% humidity. I would have been hurt if your reaction had been worse. :)

Kravenhead , congrats on getting the job, hope it works out good for you man.:joint:

Wow rose, I've never had that but it sounds like a good reason to panic. I was rolled up in a carpet roll once as a child. We all would roll up in it and unroll it down a hill. When I got in there, I thought I was going to hurt myself trying to get out. Completely animalistic feeling there. PANIC!!
Glad you had your ducks in a row with your meds.
Kraven, sounds like we live in the same temperate climate.
Hot and sticky. If anybody doesn't believe/realize that atmospheric air is a fluid, please come to south central Georgia. In August 30 minutes after an afternoon thunderstorm. Temperature near 98 and humidity around 359%. Like walking through water vapor.
Hippie, that's payback there!! Haha good move.

Gnatt, hope you didn't toss that pipe. A glass blower could fix it in a heartbeat. My Old Hen loved the little glass do-dads. She's a bit of a klutz. I've taken them back to where I got 'em and the dude fixed 'em overnight. Couldn't even tell where he did the repair.
Well I still have it. But I put super glue on it. Just so it looks better. Didn't want to use it know. Really don't want the risk of a glass sliver going in my throat.

Krav,
Congrats bro, ya got what ya deserved.

Thanks MR1 and Yoop, this whole job thing was an unnecessary distraction, we are already having a rough year this was just one more thing...funny we have not had a bad year like this since we were kids, 1993 was our last bad year. Oh well, I got the job and I'm ready to get back to work. Gnatt your right on about the temps/humidity it gets really steamy here from mid July till the end of August, makes you enjoy the home made ice cream just that much more. Heck I'm just finishing up a fresh melon, sure do enjoy watermelon in the cool of the evening.

Kraven congratulation Happy you got the Job. Good work. Does that mean you will not be up for coffee in the mornings?

Thanks Nes I'll have coffee, just wake and bake now on the weekend. Working 8a - 5p, M - F is going to be really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back