Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning every one
I know I am new to the form so I hope that you will have a bit more patience with me this morning. I am not stoned and there for not a happy camper. Since I went into forced retirement I have not have the money to stay as happy as I would like and plan on remedying that with a bit of help from my friends. As soon as possible. Work has started on a new grow room and am in the process of early design with all the usual setbacks. I know this is not the right form but if a bunch of old farts can’t understand another old fart that is computer illiterate and confused with early onset dementia. I guess no one can. What was the question again? O yes I am wanting to do a hydro system and have never tried this before, always a dirt farmer and although I can find a lot on hydro it all is getting jumbled up in my head as to what I really need. I was not kidding about the early onset of dementia. It makes things very annoying at times. I am from a get it done DIY mentality.
Any how I have 6 foot wide 7 foot high 12 foot deep room to work with. This is the max. Dimensions at this time. At a later date I can go to a bigger room but for now that is it. The intent is 3g to 6g a day continuous grow. I want to go with a flood and drain. Thinking 5 gal. Buckets, would anyone be willing to give me step by step instructions?
Do I need a shallow tray table to start the process or should I just use buckets to start? How many plants for 1000 watt light to start? I have lighting on hand from 250 watt to 2500 watt both HPS and Metal Halide. In just about any combination. I also have all the trimmings for a grow room but 0 experience with hydro and a limited although hopefully long time to still enjoy the hobby.
I am not to computer literate so for now no pics but if it is a must I will figure it out. PM would be great but a group would be good. I just don’t want to waste everyone’s morning.

Thanks to all.
Joe

Good morning OFC,
Good morning joe36,
Glad you found our merry band of mischief makers. OK, I know what`s wrong. We need the morning ritual. Grab a cup of coffee in one hand and a bowl in the other and we gonna have a session of "wake and bake". That will get the day started off the OFC way. Then we can deal with the rest of it.

joe36,
Some one will chime in to give ya some knowledge about hydro, I know nothing.

Good morning Joe, welcome to the ofc. Hydro is sorta tough on a cheap budget. my suggestion is to stay in the dirt till you have some $ built up. I'm glad to get you introduced to the hydro community, and there is some DIY that can be done to lower costs, but it does have a learning curve if you have not grown pot indoors before. Just hang in there, we will help get you pointed in the right direction, now time for a bowl and some coffee....played hooky from w*&!....they pissed me off enough last week they only get 4 days this week.

They only get 4 days from me this week too. No work Friday!! Think I might take the dirt bike out for a day.

good morning OFC. Joe I have never done hydro. Dirt farmer here. I go by the kiss rule .Keep it simple stupid. lol getting to old to even think about hydro.

Morning old bastages...lol
Been busy with work and spending time with my Granddaughter,,so i havent been around much. Hope yas all have a great day.

Morning OFC. Not much going on, just wrestling with my demons. Didn't get much sleep. Worried about nothing, lol.

umbra, good morning sir. Completely understand sleep and wrestling with your demons. Mine allow me 3 and on a very good night 4 hours of sleep, which is few and far between.

Morning O.F.C. !-- Welcome Joe !- I grow aero - Pics on page 386 - it's easy and I can walk U thru it step by step if U are interested !-- After the Wake and Bake - I go to continue the battle of the spidermites !

Last night I put some bug spray in one of them things that melt those scented wax pellets and put it in the grow room all night !-- If it didn't kill the spider mites - I hope they had a bad night !

umbra, do your outdoor plants have the mites ?I have had webs outdoors, but not since I have treated them before I see them. I can never get rid of them outdoors, but they are just feeder fish for the other bugs out there.
I will have to top them girls again. I fimed 3 tops today. got to keep them to about 8 feet tall. They are already half way there.

Morning Y'All

I have a new problem now. Not just the water, but there are all kinds of bugs now enjoying my plants & the swimming pools around them. Supposed to rain again tonight till sat. then sun for a day or two. I really should have planted in mounds this year. If it ever gets dry enough I'll shovel dirt in around the base of the plants to make water run away from them, but it's too late for some of them.
I'll need to start more GTH#9. The 3 I had drowned, along with some others.

I'm starting to consider a mild chemical bug spray. I've always stayed organic before but this is bad.

Gloman this sounds like a job for Green Santa !-- U still got time for a fast finishing indica ?-- Bugs !-- I hate me some bugs -- Unlike that spider hugging Hippy !

umbra, do your outdoor plants have the mites ?I have had webs outdoors, but not since I have treated them before I see them. I can never get rid of them outdoors, but they are just feeder fish for the other bugs out there.
I will have to top them girls again. I fimed 3 tops today. got to keep them to about 8 feet tall. They are already half way there.
Its funny outside seems much better than inside in regards to the bugs. Outside I see predators on the plants. I have put ladybugs and praying mantis inside, but they don't stay long. Going to spray later on today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back