Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo Giggy - experiment with the distance the plants are from the light !-- U can even get an indica to stretch some by moving the light further from the plant !-- That's one reason Iike to grow in a Sea Of Green under LEDs !- the plants are roughly the same distance from the light !-- I run the red and white -- ( red for bloom and white for veg) -- thru the whole cycle !- more light mean more light !-- I use the reflector series -- This will be pharm day for me !- move a group to bloom and take enough fresh cuts to replace them in veg !--

Giggy I meant to tell U that I have my LEDs somewhere between 12-18 inches above the plants .-- probably closer to 18 inches !--

Different LED`s work better at different distances. Right now mine are at three feet above the plants for vegging. When switching to flowering, 12/12, the LED`s will be adjusted to two feet above. At least this is where I try to keep `em. Some Sativa`s will get closer when they they get about 4 1/2 feet tall. I have about 5 feet or so between the lights and the top of the pots.

That light distance is a tricky thing !-- I'm still working on it myself !-- U dirt farmers are gonna give me a hard time but I got no choice !-- I'll be starting a seed SOG in dirt this week !-- I don't like it and soon as they big enough I'll cut the top off and get it in a cloner !-- Dirt in my grow room !-- I don't like it !

the borg are back again. I bombed the tent and when I opened it this morning...webs everywhere. The little f..kers are actually getting bigger from it. This is why I use different pesticides, they build a tolerance quickly.

Umbra !- I feel your pain !-- I was content that my rosemary companion plant was the answer !-- Well last night before lights out - RWS brought me a leaf and my loop !-- Little Bastids !-- there were only a couple but that means there is thousands !-- I'm reducing my jacked up pepper spray for tonight at lights out !-- I am trying one new treatment on one plant !- I will be spraying an infested plant with 91 % ISO alcohol - bottom and top of leaves and drying the plant under a fan - see if they like that sheet ! It's a minor Infestation - I see no webs !-- Anyway the battle continues !

If I had a grow in an out building or something !-- I would spray some bear mace in there every other week or so !-- gas they a** !

that is pretty much what I am doing. the fogger says it works in 2 hours, so I left them for 12 hours and they're dancing and having a good time

I am dealing with hot 112 degrees forcast. It has never been this hot in June.. My plants in pots are HOT.. mr rb and i moved all the pots into the shade..

get that borg Umbra, those bastards. You too keef.

i am also learning about leaf hoppers, i am going to win this one little blanks.

That's hot Rose !!-- Oh ! It's on with the spider mites ! Since I can remove my plants from the box and turn them upside down to spray the underside of the leaves I can exterminate them - but they'll be back !-- might have to get some of Yoop's marigolds !-- The rosemary has saved me from a major infestation but it's not enough alone !

What up OFC!
I been having some bad luck this year with water. Now I've lost one of my ICE plants that was doing Real well till she had to stand in the water for the last 2 weeks. I wanted to dig drainage ditches but I just couldn't do it by myself. Good thing I got my eggs in a lot of baskets.
Y'All should see the "wild Patch"! I went back & pulled males out. There were around 25-30 showing balls. I'll go back in a few days & see if there are any more.
Several are showing early buds already. I hope I can keep it down to a lite seeding. I have plenty to throw down after harvest. Next year I just go feed a time or two & harvest. Ya just gotta love the land where "Hemp" still grows wild.

Hey keef, did any of the S.R. cuttings make it?
I think I'm going to get one of the TW cuttings to take root. I'm seeing little white bumps on the stem, but I'm not sure it will come back. The leaves are all yellow & wilting. I cut 2 more from her yesterday with more flexible stems. Not so "woody". I'm hoping they will do better.. The mother is growing like a mmmm,,,,WEED! I'll pull her up this fall, bucket & all & take her indoors for the winter. Harvest her when she's ready & reveg. her in time to plant her outdoors again in the spring/summer.

Yo Giggy - experiment with the distance the plants are from the light !-- U can even get an indica to stretch some by moving the light further from the plant !-- That's one reason Iike to grow in a Sea Of Green under LEDs !- the plants are roughly the same distance from the light !-- I run the red and white -- ( red for bloom and white for veg) -- thru the whole cycle !- more light mean more light !-- I use the reflector series -- This will be pharm day for me !- move a group to bloom and take enough fresh cuts to replace them in veg !--

Giggy I meant to tell U that I have my LEDs somewhere between 12-18 inches above the plants .-- probably closer to 18 inches !--

i had it at 12" but just moved it to 14" and turn the red on. i got a white widow x big bud under it till tomorrow. then it gets transplanted to it's new home and starts it's life in the sun. i dropped the sour diesel in the soil today so i hope to see it a couple days from now.

Different LED`s work better at different distances. Right now mine are at three feet above the plants for vegging. When switching to flowering, 12/12, the LED`s will be adjusted to two feet above. At least this is where I try to keep `em. Some Sativa`s will get closer when they they get about 4 1/2 feet tall. I have about 5 feet or so between the lights and the top of the pots.

my new flower box will be just shy of 5', but i look forward to trying a clone rotation.

If that one is got white bumps it's rooting real soon !-- don't worry about the leaves turning yellow -- plant using it's energy to make roots !- There are 3 of the S.R. clones that most would throw out but I think they'll live !-- they ain't dead yet !-- all I need is one to survive !-- Giggy when U first start a rotation U feel like U wasting space !- I started by moving some clones to bloom every month ! Now I'm doing the every two week thing !-- But - I work with tiny plants !-- I sent a batch of 30 reveged clones to bloom this morning - 6-8 inch plants !-- after two months they'll finish at about 18 inches ! Bunch of uniform kolas and a scattering of popcorn !

While we aren't at 107, it is hot here as well. I'm looking at 30% sun shade for the outdoor garden. I was at a local nursery picking up some bedding plants and notice almost everything was under shade cloth. Good 20* cooler. So I asked them about it. They claim plants do better under it. Hhmmm. Also running the old box under the screened porch, so it is 100+ degree plus a 400W hps in an enclosed box. Running the crazy light schedule I talked about. Plants are growing, dealing with the heat, and saving 70% in energy in veg. I decided to use some tangie clones because I know what to expect and some cheese x blues and snow diesel seedlings I had going.

Giggy and Gloman - U can play the numbers game with clones -- if for instance U want 5 clones but only one out of 3-4 survive - then take 20-25 fresh cuts !-- I'm a sloppy cloner !-- I get maybe 80% that will root !-- I take fresh cuts and they root in about two weeks then spend about 6 more weeks in veg before going to bloom !-- That is the Widow !-- this T.E. is making me work !-- she need a little more TLC than the Widow !-- Can't wait to see what that T.E.-- Widow cross is gonna do in bloom !--

Umbra it is 110 now. I was just talking to mr rb about that. we pulled all the plants in containers under the patio which is 10 degrees cooler. I am misting the plants to try to make up for the transpiration. The Nordle is the worst. THe LA confid's are doing fine.
The thing is for us to put up a shade cloth in the yard... would take someone other than mr rb in this heat. He has m.s. and can't be out in this. hmmm Here is hoping the patio will work.

Good luck to you Umbra... Heading for 112. Just talked to my gf at the oregon beach. she is turning on her heat..53 degrees there... wow

you guys got me worried, so I plucked 2 leaves to look at with the scope. one outdoor and one greenhouse. I see no eggs or bugs. I have been treating every week with mity wash. I think I will just continue with that till the ladybugs come in a couple of weeks. I have decided not to treat the rest of my plants with the natural oils stuff. Organacide. It shined up the leaves , but the other 5 of the same strain look better than the one I treated. So no more oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back