Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A dog is able learn up to 250 words & gestures. A dog can count to 5 & can perform simple math. Equivalent human age: 3.

A cat doesn't give a f**k & is tired of your sheet. Equivalent human age: 42.

Yo Beemer.Good to see Ya.......Hey,Just took two clones each off my papaya, will see how I do... will be flipin them this evening..... Smoke Break.....:48:

Mr cane, just bypass your clutch safety switch. Took mine out and connected the wires together. Just be sure it is NOT in gear with a remote start!! I have a big block in a camaro. That beast will crank up and run in second gear.

Beemer, does that acid reflux stuff cause a pocket to form in your throat? I get spells sometimes when I eat where stuff seems to get stuck in my throat and is extremely uncomfortable and hard to clear.
Hell getting old, ain't it?:)

Rose, if that's the spot I'm thinking of, you're a naughty girl!

Howdy Hippie, I don't go on that site much anymore. I'm not growing so there isn't much to talk about. I will have to say that when you grow a lot one year it has a lot of time to cure and man does it get smooth. I also have acid reflux that has turned my esophagus to Barrets and if you have barrets esophagus you have a 5% chance to get throat cancer. Not good. I found that the heart meds that I'm on aggravates the problem. I stopped taking the dam stuff last year for 3 months and my reflux went away. Had to go back on it because the ticker was acting up and now I have to be really careful what I eat. Be careful
ask your doctor about nexium, stuff works great. i have acid reflux disease.

Mr cane, just bypass your clutch safety switch. Took mine out and connected the wires together. Just be sure it is NOT in gear with a remote start!! I have a big block in a camaro. That beast will crank up and run in second gear.

Y.D. Really not that cold here...we get a few weeks a year that get real cold...teens.....but when I was living in Montana we kept the rig plugged in..

Man That acid what ever Is bad ju..ju only get it once in a while, ya think ya gona die...

Got to go do couple hrs Tai Chi....See Ya later Better Burn one before I go I know how the master like it....:) :48:

Hippie, Do I see your mind in the gutter??? Nasty Ol Hippie....

I knew I was going to have trouble Sunday night. Belly was on the burn and I'd been eating nickel sized Tums like a fat kid eats M&Ms. Had two pillows under my head when I fell asleep. Apparently, I got comfortable and had rolled over and head butted the pillows away.
I usually wake up just as the stomach contents reaches my throat. I bolt awake, set up, and do some double clutching to get it back down. A few sips of water to wash out the throat and I'm good to go. This time, I woke up with the crap in my airway. Couldn't cough it out because I had no air in my lungs. Couldn't breathe in because I'd sucked it deeper in. Wife knows I'm in a world of hurt, but I couldn't tell her what was wrong. It's going through my head that this might just be curtains. If I breathe in, I'm screwed. If I do nothing, I'll pass out from lack of oxygen and the body will take over and breathe the crap in. Finally got my ship together, balled up my right hand into a fist, grabbed it with my left hand, tucked it under my ribcage, and gave myself the Heimlich maneuver. Took four times before I could get in enough air to cough. Once I started coughing, I though I'd never stop. Spooky. It would be hell to have the wife watch me die.

omg Hippie, that is scary.. what you are describing can be fixed by dilating the throat. mr rb did that once. and yes barretts esophagus is no fun.. You guys are making me want to go see my guy. Do you smoke ciggs? I am glad you are ok.

And no on your dirty mind, dd was saying everything good starts with s so i said spot.. pot..get it??

Beemer, nice to see you.

My Gil (grandma-in-law) has that throat problem. Several people in her family has had issues with it. She is the only one that suffers from it, seeing as she won't go to the Dr. To get it fixed.

I have 1. And yes I have acid refux. GERD to be specific. I did the barium with the flouro as they watched me swallow it and followed it into my stomach. They told me it was from too many NSAIDs. Hippie it sounds to me like you need a CPak to sleep.

I knew I was going to have trouble Sunday night. Belly was on the burn and I'd been eating nickel sized Tums like a fat kid eats M&Ms. Had two pillows under my head when I fell asleep. Apparently, I got comfortable and had rolled over and head butted the pillows away.
I usually wake up just as the stomach contents reaches my throat. I bolt awake, set up, and do some double clutching to get it back down. A few sips of water to wash out the throat and I'm good to go. This time, I woke up with the crap in my airway. Couldn't cough it out because I had no air in my lungs. Couldn't breathe in because I'd sucked it deeper in. Wife knows I'm in a world of hurt, but I couldn't tell her what was wrong. It's going through my head that this might just be curtains. If I breathe in, I'm screwed. If I do nothing, I'll pass out from lack of oxygen and the body will take over and breathe the crap in. Finally got my ship together, balled up my right hand into a fist, grabbed it with my left hand, tucked it under my ribcage, and gave myself the Heimlich maneuver. Took four times before I could get in enough air to cough. Once I started coughing, I though I'd never stop. Spooky. It would be hell to have the wife watch me die.
that is the very reason i take nexium everyday, nothing worst then being woke up not being able to breathe. i also have the hiatal hernia. my father in law has to make sure he takes small bites when he eats, his esophagus has gotten smaller and the did the balloon to his once already.

Thats why pretty much always sleep with my upper body elevated. Hell i slept in a recliner for along time after i got shot because my gerd got so bad.

Cpaps are awesome. Listen to the Umbra, hippie.

We just went out to lunch and I think i atd 5000 calories...fish and chips..omg it was so good. Haven't done that in a while.

Hi nes..hows the pups? We are not talking medical. LOL

Installing the garage door opener ---Not going so well just came in to get my pistol !

Howdy giggy Happy Days to you. I was on a drug for acid reflux called pantoprazole and after taking it for around 2 years it started making every joint in the old body hurt like hell. One of the many problems with these types of acid reflux drugs is they kill all the good bacteria in the stomach and so digestion doesn't happen as fast and a person doesn't get all the nutrients out of the food. We went to almost all organic and a modified paleo diet which has helped a lot. Meat, veggies and fruit. No dairy, no grains, no sugar. you can use honey and maple syrup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back