how do i lower the temps in my grow room?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flight175

Reaction score
Whats the best way to lower the temp? The room I have my plants in now it is 90 degree and I know that is okay, but i plan on moving my plants to my closet which is quite smaller so I would imagine that the temps would jump to 95 or higher, which I heard is too hot or borderline too hot. what would you do to lower the temp in a closet.

If your going to grow in a closet, your going to need to put an intake fan in. Also an extraction fan to dump the hot stail air out. It also a good idea to have an ocilating fan to circulate the air. That should keep the temps down.

intake fan and outake fan? that sounds like alot of stuff. I just put a fan in there and bumped it up to high setting so i think that takes care of the high temps. if i just opened up the door 4 or 5 times a day do you think that would be okay? i'm only runnin a 400 watt hps nothin too big.

just a matter of a couple computer fans... and actually... all you need is one extracting.. it'll draw air through the intake port.

I have a closet grow also, what I did because I cant cut a hole out at the top and bottom was to crack the door 4" and I have one fan, and Oreck air purifier, blowing out at the top and I put the ocilating fan outside on the floor.
Works ok you just have to open a window in the bed room somtimes to let in fresh air.

nice, i like that idea growdude. i think im gonna do that

flight175 said:
intake fan and outake fan? that sounds like alot of stuff. I just put a fan in there and bumped it up to high setting so i think that takes care of the high temps. if i just opened up the door 4 or 5 times a day do you think that would be okay? i'm only runnin a 400 watt hps nothin too big.

Yea, all you need to do is open the dorr a couple of time a day if its a closed area. That should be good enough~

Latest posts

Back