how do...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ravishing_68

Reaction score
the strains you smoke make you feel? My problem buying is that I never know what I'm getting. I have no idea about strains, I have to trust my friend that gets it for me. Once we had some stuff that had beautiful purple strands in it and it made me feel "up". I had this stuff he said was white rhino, but it didn't sit well with me, giving me a headache. This recent buy got me some stuff that is still very green, so I have it drying some more.

I just don't know what strain does what to you. I am growing Northern Lights x Big Bud, I picked this out from readings on the forum, easier to grow, good yield, but I don't know if it is a "up" or "mellow out". Until I got on here I had no idea there were different kinds of pot!

If others could share their wisdom on this subject I'd appreciate it.

~Rav :peace:

Hey, Ravishing 68, There are alot of Names, Strains,ect.. There are also many ways to grow to take into consideration, Hydro, Soil, Indoors, Outdoors,HPS,MH.,CFL's. How about Organic? If not, What was used to grow what your smokeing? You've taken Your first step by starting your own Garden!! HOORAY!! The next thing you need is info. Start reading as much as you can about growing, Check-out the various "Grow Journal's" on this web-site, Or Hey! How about your own Grow journal? It's alot easyer to help someone who's got pic's. Northern Lights is a good starter Plant to work with, Don't know much about Big Bud, we're useing a Skunk cross ourselves,But everything We've read about N.L.'s says their strong growers, they are!, and are resistant to pests. {Also true, the only Plant affected By spider-mites in our last grow was a "Bagseed" Sativa we were trying to grow as an experiment.} Good Luck on your Grow! Wishing you Much "GREEN MOJO"

Dr. Chronic has some descriptions of effects from various strains on his site. Don't know how accurate they are though. Harvest date has alot to do with effect also, picking with more cloudy trichomes is supposed to produce a more 'heady' high, waiting till most trichomes are amber is supposed to cause a more 'couchlock' effect.

Hope that helps, I have no experience with your particular strain.

also a good indicator of not only how it will smoke, but how it will grow- is how much sativa genetics are in it, and how much indica genetics are in it.

i.e. 80% sativa 20% indica - would be a common discription of some strains- this can/will mainly tell you how it is most likely to smoke.

sativas can get you high in the head and upptiy- indicas can get you low to the flow, and sleepy.

ruderalis will get you a headache- stay away from ditchweed. :)

Latest posts

Back