Hps all the way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maryjane22

Reaction score
if i put an hps from start how long would it take to flower..and does this decrease potency?

you can force a plant to flower pretty much whenever you want. usually, unless im mistaken, the longer you grow in veg stage the more buds you get, and they'll be a bit more potent. but im planning on starting clones on 12/12 lighting after i make a mother plant. can anyone else confirm what i said?

EDIT: also, what strain are you growing?

Afrikaaner said:
you can force a plant to flower pretty much whenever you want. usually, unless im mistaken, the longer you grow in veg stage the more buds you get, and they'll be a bit more potent. but im planning on starting clones on 12/12 lighting after i make a mother plant. can anyone else confirm what i said?

Everything you said seems on the level except the potency. It has no bearing on how long or short the veg period is..........

Afrikaaner said:

well im trying to get more money so i can buy some bubblicious and afghani seeds but for now im experimenting with some bagseeds..u can check out my grow journal..sorry no link yet but its titled mary jane bagseed

potency is determined in the plants genetics, hps will only induce size, how compact the buds are. you cant get more thc content then the plant has...

p.s. if this dont make sence, i'll come back later when iam not so high

im using hps from seed and all plants were ready to flower (preflowers) after 30 days of veg, some of them had preflowers after 22-23 days veg

What are preflowers im in my 7th week of vegging and don't know what your talking about

Amon1011 said:
What are preflowers im in my 7th week of vegging and don't know what your talking about
every MJ plant male or female will show sex developing preflowers during veg-this occurs usually after 4-6 weeks of veg-preflowers and alt. nodes are sights that the plant is mature to start the flowering cycle (buds), some examples of preflowers here: Marijuana sex ed. - Growing Marijuana Forum

At the nodes will be tiny balls or a sac with a white har or two coming out of it.
If you look in the "growing resources" in my sig. it will have a link to "sex ed" This will show you what you are looking for. ;)

Edit: Jash beat me to the reply. ;)

Latest posts

Back