I have a 400 MH, can i use 250 bulb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tito13

Reaction score
I have a sunsystem 2- 400 MH , can i use a 250 watter in this unit or less??? The reasone being i already have 800 watts going...

:yeahthat:

light must match ballast

take care and be safe

This maybe a little late as reply's go but here I go.
I just bought a 400W Lumatek Electornic Ballast. It does everything automatically, It knows when you put in a M/H or a H.P.S. and it even knows if you plugged it 120V or 240V.
the box says it puts out 20-30% more lumens, but the real cool part is that it can be switched down to 250W. And it dose not cost an arm and leg. I paid 114.00 for mine, pulse it is smaller than most ballasts I have seen

Cowboy said:
This maybe a little late as reply's go but here I go.
I just bought a 400W Lumatek Electornic Ballast. It does everything automatically, It knows when you put in a M/H or a H.P.S. and it even knows if you plugged it 120V or 240V.
the box says it puts out 20-30% more lumens, but the real cool part is that it can be switched down to 250W. And it dose not cost an arm and leg. I paid 114.00 for mine, pulse it is smaller than most ballasts I have seen

Cowboy,

Can you provide where you got the Lumatek? I have seen the 120v/240v option but i haven't read where they can be switched from 400w to 250w. That is sweet, where do i get one? HTG has Lumatek but not that i see with the switchable option.

Quantum also makes a "dimmable" ballast. I believe that there is one other company that also makes them, but I can't recall right now.

i dont think I would ever "dim" my light.

If I am not mistaken I think those dimmables still use the same amount of wattage when dimmed. A 400 watter still uses 400 watts no matter what percent a grower uses, even at 50% a 400 watter still uses 400 watts.

I got ya, dimmable. That is different from what i was thinking, Cowboy used the word "switched" so i thought it might could go from one or the other. Dimmable i get.

Latest posts

Back