I wish to start a new group here, how does one start a group here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So lets start with what we have but we need a couple more

nvthis suggests "The Broke N Toke Club"
DD suggests " The Hobbo Growers Club"

Hey Geezer

The way I think it will work is the operation your going to run has to have NOT costed more the $500 bucks.

So get a pad and piece of paper stand in the doorway of your room and start writing down what you paid for everything your using so for example

Light u use= $100
white paint on walls= $20
pots your beans are in=$4
fan= $15

etc etc etc

add it all up and if it comes under $500 take a pic of the operation post it and we will be able to see how down scaled you are and judge wether your telling the truth and your in or something to that effect. I sure others here might have a better way and if so please provide your ideas as to how membership takes place.

I think the BHC club does it similar. The have to take a pic of the Bong they use or something like that.

Chees!!!

OK folks!

Update.

I have received response from Mr. Hick and he has expressed some valid points with some pros as well as cons to forming a club. He will be speaking to marsp and the staff to decide to allow or not.

I do respect his point of view but also expressed our side a little more to clarify the meaning of such a club and its goal to help the little guys.

We will have to wait for the decision of the Mods.

Cheers!!!!

other sites already have this and it seems to me a million threads started but no one ever comes back to them what were the cons hick said? I like this site and love the peoplei have been to rolitup an others you get no help from a million users.....just do not want our home to chance much....what do you all think

Part of the down side I can see coming with it is that people would post things in that thread that normally would be posted in areas of the forum more suited for that information.

Like if someone posted information about germination in their "poor mans setup" instead of posting it in the germination area. No one else on the entire site could benefit from it's Q&A because they would have no idea it was even there unless they were interested in the main theme of the thread which has nothing to do with germination.

Why not start a thread with a title called something like "How to build an inexpensive system", and just go with that? It doesn't need Hicks approval or Marps or anyone elses that way, it's not a "Club", but just a thread about specific information? What's with the need to call it a club?

There isent a need I just thought much like the BHC (Bong Hitters Club) I think thats what its called they formed it to show off there unique bongs and such. Also the Tent Growers Club does the same thing. i meerly thought that a unique club thread started focusing on growers who grow with simple DIY systems could have a commen place to help each other and share Ideas on how to grow if you have limited means or limited funds. I am a self proclaimed Hobbo grower and if you saw my setup last year I grew amazing budd last year with hardly any money and limited resourses. I was proud and would like to share my ideas and sucsess with other who cant afford those $1000+ setups. Thats my only goal for my suggestion of a club of sorts. I am proud of my achievments in growing with next to nothing.

Cheers!!!!

Oh and yes Piersquared
That was one of Hicks concerns as well that someone would say something intelligent (it happens from time to time) in the middle of a 300 page thread and if someone wanted to find that inteligent thought they would have to lefe through all those pages to find it. Yes a con I guess. My suggestion is not to say anything inteligent in the thread :aok:

Cheers!!!

IMO if the search was working properly then they could narrow there search to the post inside the thread. wouldn't be hard to locate.

Jericho said:
IMO if the search was working properly then they could narrow there search to the post inside the thread. wouldn't be hard to locate.
The search is easy. All you have to do is use "_" marks around your search criteria and tell it to find POSTS, not THREADS. It works perfectly for me that way.

I know how the search works. however it has its days when it stops working. others have complained about it as well.

If it is working then it is a good way to find the answer without reading 300 pages of info, as i said above.

Jericho said:
I know how the search works. however it has its days when it stops working. others have complained about it as well.

If it is working then it is a good way to find the answer without reading 300 pages of info, as i said above.
I must be the luckiest guy in the world. The search has never failed to work for me. No problem man.

I must be the luckiest guy in the world. The search has never failed to work for me. No problem man.

Well then it will not be a problem as you previusly pointed out.

Part of the down side I can see coming with it is that people would post things in that thread that normally would be posted in areas of the forum more suited for that information.

Like if someone posted information about germination in their "poor mans setup" instead of posting it in the germination area. No one else on the entire site could benefit from it's Q&A because they would have no idea it was even there unless they were interested in the main theme of the thread which has nothing to do with germination.

Why not start a thread with a title called something like "How to build an inexpensive system", and just go with that? It doesn't need Hicks approval or Marps or anyone elses that way, it's not a "Club", but just a thread about specific information? What's with the need to call it a club?

Peace

Jericho said:
Well then it will not be a problem as you previusly pointed out. Peace
That's true man. Heck, Marp might as well just not use any sections in the forum then, and everyone could just use the search in one massive thread on the site. Thanks for getting me on the right path.

Peace

You seem to be getting a little sensitive to a comment that we both agree on.

So DD if MarP brings that up as a point we have a solution to it and plus the group would not be advising on how to do a low budget grows it would only be showing them off and commenting on them.

If anyone has questions or ideas they can be posted on the main forum.

Just an idea of a solution to a problem.

Ok friends/family

I think we are all on the right path here and we are all on the quest for great budd. I hope we get what we are looking for and the ability to show off our small but effective set ups and are also able to help each other grow when we find ourselves with little or no means. Hey someone operating a 5000+ set up could find themselves jobless one day and in need of a hobbo/cheap way to grow his meds thus making our ability and knowledge usefull.

Big guys have knowledge on how to do Big! Little guys have knowledge on how to do Little!
We can learn from each other as needed I prefer to be an Umpa Lumpa (Little Guy)

Its all for the grow my friends and the knowledge it takes to get there!

Cheers friends!

i think a ghetto growing thread (or whatever you want to call it ;) ) would be good for posting idea's for others. but the more i think about it as a club, the mods probably have it right.. be a useless thread if there was some idea's scattered amongst a lot of blah blah blah.

but if everyone wanted to do a thread of ideas/tips for growing on a tight budget i think it could be usefull. as long as that's what it was and didn't turn into another chat thread.

I am sure we will recieve a decission on this anytime now:confused2:

Cheers!!!!

GGC.. there ya go call er that.. the GGC ghetto growers club.. and do er up like hampster did with TGC ..... if theres going to be talk about hydro or such it should still be posted in hydro.. or lights.. but no reason you cant start a "club" to share your ghetto boxes and grows.. as long as the proper info goes to the rest of the site..
LH

I sence the MODS wish me to be silent and pursue this no further with thier lack of response!

Sorry NOT!!!!

I would like an answer from you!!!! If your here to monitor us and watch our every move then answer us when we speek or when we ask you a question!!!!

We wish to create a group in your website much like others here such as TGC, BHC etc etc....

I am the type of person that alows a little leeway when it comes to Management or idiots!!! One in the same in my life!

They have it, why cant we? Make a decission! And make it now. I dont kiss anyones #$%^#!

I am a valued member who is here to help and participate in its growth.

Get of your @#* and make the decission!!!

I thank you for your anticipated cooperation with this request!!!

Cheers!!

Sorry but I believe in freedom of speech and I will speek against things that are not right!!! We would like an answer to OUR question!!!! We would like a group for Hobbo Grower/Getto Growers/ or even/ Broke and toke growers!!!!!!

You pin the little man down and see what happend! Sorry but I have no patience for Idiots or &$%^%Holes in my life! Make a decission and GET ER DONE!!!!

DONE;

Cheers!!! (Maybe my last one ,love you all but enough is enough! I have a GOD I believe in! and they arnt here!)

One who governs or manages should be fair and JUST and open to ideas from those around him!!

I commanded troops in Places that only heros go!! I listened to them and they listened to me! We all came home under my comand!!!

Sorry but pissed off at the lack of Love here fro the MODS!!!

Cheers to those I( love!!!

Latest posts

Back