Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
American Beach, Amelia Island, Florida (African American history beach, so clean and beautiful…)
I spent many weekends on this beach the last 30 some years in Georgia. It was about 40 minutes from my house. You could drive on it if you had 4 WD we always did and drove till we had private beach. good memories

the beach lady who lived in a tiny shack where you drove by going on to the beach carried her hair around. She must have grown it her whole life. She was always there…
597F1D52-82C3-4FE2-9F24-EB90F02445E5.jpeg
40F3FD77-5098-4A59-84F4-4C77AD5D1B33.jpeg

60 years ago Long Island was different
Im 67 and grew up with it more normal with normal people .You could walkdown the road with a bb gun into the woods
I belonged to a rifle team which met in port jeff school in the bomb shelter .!5 kids with guns on a friday and not once not never and didnt even come close to any trouble .All of us were so happy to be able to shoot.We had a science teacher a nerdy kinda of guy who was brillient .He shot pistol at 50 feet and gave all the young bucks with target rifles (Anshutz's ( not me it was a dream gun for me) a run for their money.
He taught us gun safty and how to shoot going thry marksman 1-9 to expert then distinquished expert. We were 16 and loved and ate that shit up !
22 ammo .50 cents a box !
Well the instructor had a daughter and I took a shinning to her and would get lost up in the football field .
We were young and took advantage of our time alone .To this day I describe the spot to friends who went there when we did all that noodling and they still cant grow grass there ....
That is SO old-timey Long Island. I brought my brand new JC Higgins single shot to grade school. The teacher showed it to the class as an example of what you can do if you save your money.

Merry Woden Day! All hail Woden!

Yet another gorgeous day here, starting at 54F with 89% RH and 3 mph breeze, predicted to reach 74F during the sweltering part of the day.

And the fraud goes on. I just got notice that my $1700 order from Amazon is on the way, with a tab to click to inquire or track. As we haven't ordered anything from Amazon recently, it can only be fraud and the link a trick. I will wait until after its delivered to respond, if at all, but it looks like my nemesis is back trying everything to hack me again. Last time they literally wrecked my computer, and I finally thwarted them by replacing it and installing my own encrypted firewall.

Gym this morning and then back to working on my research project.

Latest posts

Back