Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning Islanders. 7 degrees actual, and I really don't want to know what the windchill is. Power has gone off four times so far, but only for a couple of seconds, which is just enough to make the damned router reset. Better than being out for hours and freezing to death.

They had I 75 shut down just north of me and had 'em turned around and heading south in the northbound lanes. Haven't heard what was up, but the Old Hen spotted one of those thousand dollar just to leave the yard sized wreckers heading north, so I imagine there's a semi driver that's not having a good morning.

Got an inch where it stands, and 16-18" where it's drifted. Gonna plow my oldies just before bar-thirty and wait 'til Saturday to do it again. So far, this winter storm has been a big nothing burger where I'm at. Doesn't hurt my feelings any. :)
"nothing burger"! you may be punished for a comment so early in the season later in the season!

I was born here, raised here, made my money here, and will die here. I'll handle whatever comes my way until then.

I've only seen one year that I actually had to plow the road in four wheel low.
I was born a cowboy raised by my uncle buck
I was raised the right way and learned how to make an honest buck
I was taught as a young man to show respect and not talk back
and if trouble came a calling, I was taught how to kick some azz
when I was done, I'd kick right back and have another glass.

Last edited:
uncle-buck-uncle-buck-demo-Cover-Art.jpg

I was born a cowboy raised by my uncle buck
I was raised the right way and learned how to make an honest buck
I was taught as a young man to show respect and not talk back
and if trouble came a calling, I was taught how to kick some azz
when I was done, I'd kick right back and have another glass.
Damm Roster romantic ,very romantic...

Awright. Time for comeuppance Southrin Style:

Yestiddy, it hit 81F. This moanin'... it is 41F

That, Pilgrims, is a fargin 40-degree drop in 8 fargin hours. Jeez.

We hadda get up during the night to put the quilt on the bed. And I turned the A/C OFF and the heat ON.

I am canceling going outdoors this day. 🥶

Latest posts

Back