Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brother Pute. Your boys are already making some changes.

FB_IMG_1672088523201.jpg

Gooode morning! Cool, wet, and windy here, but no longer freezing and most of the snow and ice is gone in the city.

We have been without internet or phone since before Christmas and finally got a repairman to swing by yesterday afternoon. As simple as a loose wire, but getting a repairman was a problem.

A bizarre month, starting with an tenant’s furnace failing, followed by our microwave, which we had to replace.

We also lost power from trees falling on power lines during the up to 55 mph gusts and 20F temperature, so I fired up the generator to keep the furnace going, but alas when the power came back on, the furnace would no longer run and it took three days to get a repairman out, during which time the kitchen hot water froze, despite being turned off and the faucets open. Should have left them dribbling……

I picked up four radiant heaters to keep us and the water from freezing and the loss of power revealed that my computer battery backup needs new batteries not readily available, so I picked up a new battery backup unit.

All fixed and operating, as well as a good reminder of how much we have come to rely on things like microwaves, internet, power, hot water, and rapid response from the repair folks, making their loss particularly disruptive.

A first world problem…………………………. Hugz all around!
bigarmhug.gif
Passing left!
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Gooode morning! Cool, wet, and windy here, but no longer freezing and most of the snow and ice is gone in the city.

We have been without internet or phone since before Christmas and finally got a repairman to swing by yesterday afternoon. As simple as a loose wire, but getting a repairman was a problem.

A bizarre month, starting with an tenant’s furnace failing, followed by our microwave, which we had to replace.

We also lost power from trees falling on power lines during the up to 55 mph gusts and 20F temperature, so I fired up the generator to keep the furnace going, but alas when the power came back on, the furnace would no longer run and it took three days to get a repairman out, during which time the kitchen hot water froze, despite being turned off and the faucets open. Should have left them dribbling……

I picked up four radiant heaters to keep us and the water from freezing and the loss of power revealed that my computer battery backup needs new batteries not readily available, so I picked up a new battery backup unit.

All fixed and operating, as well as a good reminder of how much we have come to rely on things like microwaves, internet, power, hot water, and rapid response from the repair folks, making their loss particularly disruptive.

A first world problem…………………………. Hugz all around! View attachment 316040Passing left!View attachment 316041
Good morning GW. Wow you’re right about us relying on the little things in life. Losing your furnace for three days I’m sure was unpleasant glad to hear things are up and running again.
hope your week continues to get better ❤️
1672146637825.gif

Latest posts

Back