Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. A priest was walking along the cliffs at Dover when he came upon two locals pulling another man ashore on the end of a rope.
“That’s what I like to see,” said the priest. “A man helping his fellow man.” As he was walking away, one local remarked to the other, “Well, he sure doesn’t know the first thing about shark fishing.”

Old hippie went to Texas to go duck hunting. The local conservation officer spotted him and walked over to him.
"Boy, you must be a good shot. I see you've got three ducks already. You got a license to go with them?"
The hippie reaches into his wallet and pulls out his hunting license.
"Well, I see you've got a small game license, but have you got a duck stamp to go with it?"
The hippie pulls out a Texas duck stamp and hands it to him.
"Yep, that's good for Texas ducks like that first one"
He picks up the second duck, sticks his finger up its ass, pulls it out ani
"Boy, that's a Oklahoma duck. You got an Oklahoma duck stamp?"
The hippie reaches into his wallet and hands him an Oklahoma duck stamp. The CO picks up the third duck, sticks his finger up its ass, smells it and says, "Boy, that's a New Mexico duck. You got a New Mexico duck stamp?"
The hippie reaches into his wallet and hands him a New Mexico duck stamp.
The CO says, "Boy, you're pretty smart when it comes to hunting rules. Where ya all from?"
The hippie drops his pants, stuffs a finger up his ass, waves it under the CO's nose, and says, "You tell me!"

FB_IMG_1679269608641.jpg

My mountain friend has come and gone. My veg tent now only has mothers. In a few weeks my flower tent will be dark. I am almost a free man....temporally. Spring time is my busiest time of the year. Will still be busy but won't be spending near as much time in the basement this summer. Feels weird.

jail-release.gif
I slack off in summer too. Too much heat in grow room, too lazy to address. Winter is best grow time for me.

Bubba

@WeedHopper tell us again why there are no cellars or basements where your house is built?
What is your frost level where you are if you even have one?
Could have built a well pit lined with concrete and put a steel lid as access.
In the Nashville area, I noticed no one had basements. I was told too much stone?

Bubba

Well This week and weekend have been F.UCKED UP. First one Weds night one of my Co-workers suffered a pretty bad heart attack. He did survive but is semi conscious laying in ICU right now. Thing that is Crazy is he's younger than me, and leads a much healthier lifestyle too. Has me all kinds of worried and re-evaluating some of my habits.
He does have a family history of having bad tickers but he knew that and lived really clean, guess it didn't help in the end.

Then starting yesterday either the stomach flu or food poisoning has come into our household. Yesterday around my dinnertime, my son started complaining about stomach discomfort and then started barfing and spent the rest of the night in bed, now I wake up this morning and now it's my wife! Ugh. If it is food poisoning, then it must have been a mochi cake my wife made yesterday, as that is the only thing they ate, that I didn't.

Just an unbelievable last 7 days.
I have 5 friends that have had strokes that are all younger than me. Two didn't make it.

Bubba

Since I gave up smoking 20 yrs ago, my doc. recommended I stop with the booze. That was tougher then when I quit smoking. I still sneak a shot of scotch weekly, usually on Sunday evenings.

I've been living with Atrial Fibrillation (a-fib) for 10 yrs, I'm 78. Last week my cardiologist recommended I have another electrical cardioversion.

I declined since I've had that procedure three times already, it worked by putting the heart back into a normal rhythm, only problem is 6 months later the heart jumped back into a-fib.

He then recommended that we start from scratch and advised that I perform a stress test. Personally I think it is a waste of time and effort. How much of a stress can my old heart take?, anyway I'm scheduled for that procedure next month.
@garybo667 -- STOP with the scotch!!

Gonna give it to ya without fluff: You have A-fib. That means if you do the following things, you are doing the equivalent of tossing lighted matches towards a bundle of fuses to explosives:

Consuming ANYTHING with caffeine in it. That means coffee, decaffeinated coffee (still has caffeine in it!), tea, "decaffeinated" tea, Coke or any other caffeine soda drink.

Alcohol in any form. This substance is a flat-out trigger for A-fib. How much of a pull on the trigger of a deer rifle do you think you are happy to live each Sunday night with if the rifle is pointed to your chest? Just one little shot of scotch? You sure?

Know this down to your heart and soul, son: You are especially susceptible to having your heart triggered into self-destruction. It is no longer your first rodeo.

But the fact is: One of those rodeos WILL FUKKING KILL YOU.

Let me know if I have made my point and you have given away that which will kill you for a mild initial buzz.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back