Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning friends. Partly cloudy day here. Mr Subbie is volunteering at the fun run at school today so it’s me and my bag of girlcrush doing a solo this morning.
‘Got a call from the folks doing the estimate on my truck repairs after the tree fell on it. She told me that its probably going to be totaled as they found lots of damage to the electronics, frame wiring harnesses and something that she still has to check on this morning that requires removing the motor and trans so I’m expecting a call from the insurance company today telling me that they can’t fix it. So I spent some time last night online shopping for something new or at least new to me. My truck (4Runner limited with all the bells and whistles) was a 2016 in very clean condition inside and out. It only has 50,000 miles too which is much lower than most vehicles I find online for sale and I don’t want to do a higher mileage vehicle so I’m sure I’m gonna have to come up with another 10G at least to buy something newer with less mileage than mine. I have no idea how much they will give me for the totaled price. So I guess I’ll be shopping a bit more this morning in hopes in finding something affordable.
hope everyone has a beautiful day and those healing feel less pain today 💕

Happy Day Folks

1682600168593.png

Subbie, what ever they offer, tell 'em you want to keep the wreck. Part it out for a nicer down payment on a newer one. Low mileage engines and trannys sell for decent bucks.
The right Guy could fix that back up, the auto places just total them to make life easy.
I have rebuilt quite a few wrecks and resold them myself, Good Money

Subbie, what ever they offer, tell 'em you want to keep the wreck. Part it out for a nicer down payment on a newer one. Low mileage engines and trannys sell for decent bucks.
I wish I had room to as there are a lot of parts that are in good shape that I’m sure plenty are looking for. If I lived at my old place I would consider it as I had a barn there. No room for a smashed up vehicle here tho…😞

The right Guy could fix that back up, the auto places just total them to make life easy.
I have rebuilt quite a few wrecks and resold them myself, Good Money
Yes I’m sure money could be made on it but I’m not in a position to do that now… heck I would like to keep my brand new Michelin tires tho at least…

I wonder how the geese tell that story
Lemme tellya about Aunt Rhody (who had been on my string). Aunt Rhody was a goose.

When plucking time came, it was my job to catch Aunt Rhody and bring her to Grandma. Hold up yer hand if you ever caught a goose by hand. Ah! Somebody over there is a farm boy. Yup. You don't chase them, you entice them with some stale bread in a small bowl of water.

Jeez. It is hard to write while stoned. Plucking time, goose. OK.

I'd bring Aunt Rhody to Grandma as she sat there on her porch rocking chair with the empty cotton bag next to her. Grandma would hold Aunt Rhody and run her fingers up the birdy's fluffy chest. Several feathers would be between Grandma's fingers.

And Aunt Rhody would be like a chicken that is looking down a line in the dirt: mesmerized. Enraptured. Bliss.

A good plucking takes about a half an hour. At the end of that time, Aunt Rhody has gone boneless. Grandma puts her on the porch floor, and the bird jumps back up into her lap.

And so the story goes full circle: It was I who had the "catch" Aunt Rhody and take her way out into the yard.

So imagine the shape I wuz in some time later, after Aunt Rhody was spotted in the conga line. She wasn't even in the lead!

Latest posts

Back