Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning brothers and sisters! Hugz all around this loverly Sun worship day!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif
All hail Sol Rex!

Progress on the stair railing. After picking up the lumber and fasteners, I completed the wood working and mounted one of the rails, but alas am fighting the one that mounts to the concrete wall. I've burned up four masonery bits in my hammer drill and am not even close, sooo will be looking at alternative anchors. Something that uses a larger bit and is not as critical on alignment.

My back is not happy with me over wrestling a 4X8 sheet of 3/4 plywood and sinking 3" screws overhead, so I will be spending some quality time with a heating pad and stretches this morning before and serious work.

hindu-sun-god-surya-statue-88537407.jpg

Good morning TOG , SubGirl and all the Lurkers , come on in , the coffee is hot and the ganja too

Graywolf , sounds like you need a Hilti gun for that wall bracket

Moar rain today , unbelievable for our neighborhood

Another indoor goof off day

Good morning brothers and sisters! Hugz all around this loverly Sun worship day!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif
All hail Sol Rex!

Progress on the stair railing. After picking up the lumber and fasteners, I completed the wood working and mounted one of the rails, but alas am fighting the one that mounts to the concrete wall. I've burned up four masonery bits in my hammer drill and am not even close, sooo will be looking at alternative anchors. Something that uses a larger bit and is not as critical on alignment.

My back is not happy with me over wrestling a 4X8 sheet of 3/4 plywood and sinking 3" screws overhead, so I will be spending some quality time with a heating pad and stretches this morning before and serious work.

View attachment 330179
You may need a nice back rub from a Polynesian girl..justsaying.

Good morning TOG , SubGirl and all the Lurkers , come on in , the coffee is hot and the ganja too

That's what I'm using, but the concrete anchors use a 1/4" masonry bit, which doesn't stand up well to aggregate in these 96 year old basement walls.

My latest scheme involves making 10 gauge plates to mount the flanges to and anchoring the plates with fewer larger anchors.
You may need a nice back rub from a Polynesian girl..justsaying.
Good idea, and maybe with a happy ending..................................

That's what I'm using, but the concrete anchors use a 1/4" masonry bit, which doesn't stand up well to aggregate in these 96 year old basement walls.

My latest scheme involves making 10 gauge plates to mount the flanges to and anchoring the plates with fewer larger anchors.

Easy Soldier ...!:)

What about using an old fashion drill chisel

Rain rain go away come again another day. Can't remember such a wet spring. Only good thing is it has come slow and steady instead of downpours. But we have gotten so much the ground can't hold any more.

Wonder if my neighbors basement is flooding again. He is still working in the mess from the last storm. I told him he needed another sump pump.... He only laughed and said we will never get rain like this again.

Rain rain go away come again another day. Can't remember such a wet spring. Only good thing is it has come slow and steady instead of downpours. But we have gotten so much the ground can't hold any more.

Wonder if my neighbors basement is flooding again. He is still working in the mess from the last storm. I told him he needed another sump pump.... He only laughed and said we will never get rain like this again.
Pute replied " Till the next time ..." ;)

Latest posts

Back