Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1688047105082.png

Good afternoon misfits. Got my chores done and am debating whether to risk the smokey air to go out and mow. Lookin' pretty hazy out there, and we're supposed to have thunderstorms coming in this afternoon that are supposed to chase the Canadian smoke away. I'm pondering......

Once I got outside, I want to fire up my Ford and both batteries shit the bed on me. It cost me almost $600 to buy a pair of batteries and then 200 at the grocery store… the batteries gave me great service for the five years they’ve been in the truck but now I have to figure out how I’m going to pick them up over the fenders and put them in the engine bay without tearing up my back… leaving one battery in while I replace the other will keep the computer happy, and it will maintain its current settings… time for lunch

Once I got outside, I want to fire up my Ford and both batteries shit the bed on me. It cost me almost $600 to buy a pair of batteries and then 200 at the grocery store… the batteries gave me great service for the five years they’ve been in the truck but now I have to figure out how I’m going to pick them up over the fenders and put them in the engine bay without tearing up my back… leaving one battery in while I replace the other will keep the computer happy, and it will maintain its current settings… time for lunch
Use your engine hoist
With a tie down rachet strap

Use your engine hoist
With a tie down rachet strap
In theory that would be the ideal solution but unfortunately the truck is up at the house, and my engine hoist is back in my shop. It would take far more work to get the hoist to the truck that would be to suffer through pulling the batteries out by hand. I’m going to have to get under the hood and hover over the batteries so I can lift them up without using my back. I have the upper body strength, it’s just that my back would not be happy with that.

gotta remember, I can't get to the batteries other than using my back...got them out, 50 pounds each and then wrestled with Fords new battery clamp setup...4 pieces needed to attach the cable to the terminal...on each terminal...way too complicated compared to the old lead lugs...anywho, mission accomplished so it's time to smoke some more hella jelly and ice the back...both boys are in the house, tongues hanging out on the floor sucking air...

I carry a good quality jump pack will jump and run many a Big rig
I really need to buy me a jump pack roster but I have not heard of any brand that’s worth having. The Noco brand is quite popular but I’ve heard nothing but problems occur with it. You’d think me of all people would have one…
Sorry about the heat Boo. Rain coming here.
It’s all good pute, i’ve learned to deal with this heat after 53 years of absorbing it. The smart money takes a siesta in the middle of the day and it’s taken me 71 years to figure that out… I have a total of seven central air conditioning units in the buildings on my property so I’m pretty easily able to escape the heat…

Get sumbody to give you a hand. That, or devise a pulley system to lift it.

Do NOT be a heroic idjit.

I really need to buy me a jump pack roster but I have not heard of any brand that’s worth having. The Noco brand is quite popular but I’ve heard nothing but problems occur with it. You’d think me of all people would have one…

It’s all good pute, i’ve learned to deal with this heat after 53 years of absorbing it. The smart money takes a siesta in the middle of the day and it’s taken me 71 years to figure that out… I have a total of seven central air conditioning units in the buildings on my property so I’m pretty easily able to escape the heat…
A nap inna afternoon becomes a necessary part of the day.

Latest posts

Back