Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another beautiful day here. Another walk but that might have been the last one of the week though. Cold and snow will be moving in tomorrow morning. Been a mild winter here so far....we need the snow though or it will be so dry next summer we will be on water restrictions.

Unfortunately pain is the new norm for most of us misfits. This is as good as it gets and will never be this good again. For me some days are a lot worse than others.

Sun is getting low......that is my signal yo get loaded

1sickpuppy JUST POSTED THE 1,000,000 POST. The site actually eclipsed that number awhile back bud Adimin deleted several spam post so now we have passed the one million posts mark again.

Congrast to 1sickpuppy as he has earned a pat on the ass and a copy of the home game. How about a hand for a job well done.

B]

gray, after all the obligitory junk I'm going thru now I will seek my options next week...unca walt and I had a nice talk yesterday about injections to solidify my 2 vertibrae, my other option is to have 2 discs inserted thru a 1" incision...pain killers such as norco don't do much for me anymore...quite a dilemma now that my legs are getting weaker...I'm fortunate to have a trainer which allows me to get in serious physical shape by helping make my back, upper body, and legs get strong...it's painful to workout but the options suck...

Good that we live in an age that you have those options brother, even if they are not fun in and of themselves! Sending good thoughts.

Unfortunately pain is the new norm for most of us misfits. This is as good as it gets and will never be this good again. For me some days are a lot worse than others.

A sad truth about aging, but as Drifting notes, as far as we know, it beats the alternatives.

1sickpuppy JUST POSTED THE 1,000,000 POST. The site actually eclipsed that number awhile back bud Adimin deleted several spam post so now we have passed the one million posts mark again.

Lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations MP!!

41F @ 94% RH, rain, and predicted to reach 43F today.

Sooooo, now Antifa has started a protest over gentrification and taken over part of the city.

Good that we live in an age that you have those options brother, even if they are not fun in and of themselves! Sending good thoughts.

A sad truth about aging, but as Drifting notes, as far as we know, it beats the alternatives.

Lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations MP!!

41F @ 94% RH, rain, and predicted to reach 43F today.

Sooooo, now Antifa has started a protest over gentrification and taken over part of the city.

Hope a fking 18 Wheeler loses control and runs all the asshats over.😠

Morning Islander's. I wake up every morning at 5am to take my Thyroid medication. Cant eat or drink any coffee for at least an hour after taking that medication. Not that it matters. My ass is asleep by 9pm 😴 so i automatically wake up about 5am anyway. Dont need,, nor have i needed an alarm in a very long time.😁

Hope a fking 18 Wheeler loses control and runs all the asshats over.😠

They joke is that the tenants haven't paid any rent since 2018 and have allowed numerous tent campers on the property, something the neighbors have repeatedly complained about. It is not just against gentrification, it is their entitlement to being supported by others.

so i automatically wake up about 5am anyway. Dont need,, nor have i needed an alarm in a very long time.😁

I haven't used an alarm in about 40 years, because it such an annoying way for me to start my day. Even before Miss Layla took it upon herself to alert me when it was time to get up, I learned to just wake up when it was time.

41F @ 88% RH, raining and predicted to reach 44F in these parts.

Progress on the electrical, but I broke another drill bit and the plan continues to evolve. Once I entered the crawl space, I realized there was ducting in the way. Because there was sheet metal under the stucco where I was trying to drill a 1 ¼” hole, I wrecked my hole saw and had to buy one with carbide grit on the cutting edge, versus teeth. Steady progress at the rate of two forward and one backward.

I can't believe cities like Portland are allowing this.....where does it go from here. And why doesn't the powers to be allow this. Puts the public in danger as well as destroying neighborhoods and businesses. A life's work is being allowed to be destroyed. This isn't the country I grew up in. geesh.....

I would think the city founders would have done something about the destruction and lack of safety. Guess not. Who the fock is in charge here?????

I can't believe cities like Portland are allowing this.....where does it go from here. And why doesn't the powers to be allow this. Puts the public in danger as well as destroying neighborhoods and businesses. A life's work is being allowed to be destroyed. This isn't the country I grew up in. geesh.....I would think the city founders would have done something about the destruction and lack of safety. Guess not. Who the fock is in charge here?????

seems like the patients are running the asylum

It does look like the patients are running the asylum and getting more loony and brazen.

It also gets even better. The folks camped out in the house refusing to leave, actually own another home a mile away, so are not being left homeless. They lost this one defaulting on a second mortgage that they took on it to pay legal expenses incurred unsuccessfully trying to keep their errant repeat offender son out of jail, who announced in court that, "He is governed by no laws by man, only God's laws."

I just read a header that said "Experts agree that it would be problematic for Portland police to take the Antifa encampment", to which I say bullshit. Enough of this limp wristed feckless woe is us crap, bring in a squad of Marines and watch how long it takes.

38F @ 89% RH, cloudy, and predicted to reach 44F.

Some major progress on my electrical project but got a call from another tenant complaining of a clogged bathtub drain. The clog was a hair ball, but as I was leaving the tenant came out waving their arms and saying their laundry tub was also draining slow, so had to snake that drain too. Of course I broke the plastic pea trap removing it and had to replace it, so wrecked most of the rest of the morning.

I decided to take a nap before continuing and was awaken by Miss Layla three hours later, when I decided to just call it a day

Latest posts

Back