Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning to you fine folks. Y'all in the Southern states, and you'ins in Missouri.
I was born in Missouri.....does that mean I'm included Hippie?

Crappy day out. Starting to spit snow flakes. I did get the dog out for a walk before the storm moves in. Temps have been dropping and humidity is rising.....sure sign that something is coming.

Another Holiday for many. My Daughter is off again. Not Me, a person who has plants growing knows no days off. Well, maybe sometimes but not today. Enjoy the day off for all who get it. I am sure you earned it....I am trimming a plant. Probably about 75% done with this one. Tomorrow I will be at it again.

I am really getting tires of being told not to go outside or to wear a mask. Is this every gonna end.....

https://www.mjp.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75404&pictureid=2111852

Wat tha heck yall talken bout. Nuten rong wit hillbillies language.
What is funny, a lot of the music I listen to has the same drawl. Lots of down home southern redneck hippie stuff that only a few appreciate. So, after a long trim session listing to that I come walking upstairs and say something to Mrs Pute and she can't understand me....she laughs at the way I talk.

What is funny, a lot of the music I listen to has the same drawl. Lots of down home southern redneck hippie stuff that only a few appreciate.

Not sure if he fits the exact genre, but your description makes me think of Johnny Prine (RIP).

I was down in Missouri on bizz years ago

got off highway Farty Far and got lost - ended up in Rolla.
Decided to crash hotel for the night and got very F'd up at local waterhole.
Some folks were busting my balls, and the bartender would shout
Let my Damm Yankee friend alone.

Let me introduce ya` to Cairo , WV !!! 300 folks spread out in a 4 mile radius . No police other than county and staties . But we do have our fair share of tweakers , meth and crackheads and thieves . Spent 38 years here on this hilltop and only have 3 folks I`d call friends here . Used to leave the house unlocked and leave.....no more ! Nearest town of any size (30k) is 50 minutes away . But love the country and backroads ! Be here till I croak ! And I`m a proud WV hillbilly.....not to be confused with the midwest hillbillies ! lol
peace

my grampa was borned in Missouri , Henry county....small town of Deepwater and my great grampa farmed there after moving from Kentucky..I still have lots of kinfolk in Missouri...
I lived in Warsaw , Carthage , and Goodman

Lover please , please come back
Dont take the train going down the track
Please don’t leave , leave me in Missouri ...

This song is high on the popularity charts!

Every time I get around a person from there my accent comes right back. People still go where are you from with that southern drawl. I''m a hick from hicksville. ha ha!

Hee, hee, hee, my drill instructor in boot camp said, "Where did you get that accent private?", to which I replied, "Whut acceeeeeunt?"

After discharge I moved to Oregon and my little sister moved to Mississippi, where the folks are friendly and "hepful." I have an Okie accent here on the west coast, and a west coast accent in Oklahoma. When visiting my relatives in Louisiana I have a yankee accent, so there is no home anymore for expatriates.

37F @ 78% RH, partially cloudy, and predicted to reach 52F here in Paradise City under siege by plague and miscreants.

I published my cannabis extraction thermodynamics article and got 426 hits the first day.

Today I'm taking a pickup load of treasures from my storage garage to the Habitat for Humanities recycle center. Building supplies too good to throw away but stuff I'm unlikely to need until shortly after I actually do give it away.

I also need to take a load paint/chemicals to Metro, a load of scrap metal to recycle, and another load of junk from here and the rentals to the dump.

Amazing what accumulates over time and how much space it starts to take up....................... Hee, hee, hee, last time I started over was 1980, and cleaned house again in 2007 after the eye opening experience of clearing out a friends estate, so I have 40 years of accumulated treasures and about 13 years of accumulated crap.

Latest posts

Back