Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gray Question, were you told to quarantine and still wear the mask for 14 days after 2 nd shot?
I am asking because My wife wants to have Easter dinner and have her mother come who has already had Covid but also just finished her second shot last week?
Is she safe or could possibly spread it .

I googled, "how soon after the second Phizer shot am I safe?" and found this:

Common question
How long after second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines are you immune?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention say it takes about two weeks after the second shot of both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines for them to be effective. After the first shot, you're only somewhat protected.

I googled, "how soon after the second Phizer shot am I safe?" and found this:

Common question
How long after second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines are you immune?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention say it takes about two weeks after the second shot of both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines for them to be effective. After the first shot, you're only somewhat protected.
Thanks Much Bro

Back from my wonderful MRI. What a pain in the arize. Never had this done before so didn't know what to expect....Holy Baloney! Talk about claustrophobia!!! Plus it was noisy as all get out. Bells, whistles, zips, zaps and to make it even more annoying I was in the contraption for 45 fargin minutes.

I'm not going back for my second dose....Oh wait, I got it confused with the vaccine.

200w.gif

@ GW,. My back screams at me every day....I stretch like crazy. A bit better after a few sessions with a chiropractor. Something I have learned to live with.

Appointment to get my head scanned today. Besides the back these fricken headaches are a pain. Nothing a couple of ludes wouldn't cure.

Active shooting about 10 minutes from here....here it comes....lock and load.

My lower back has gotten worse with my growing third trimester gut during the pandemic.

Good luck with your head bone brother! Nothing more debilitating for me than a headache.

Three assailant just robbed a person at three gun point about four blocks from our rental unit that we used to live in and about a mile and a half from here.

I know you put them back But have you ever eaten any of the fish you have caught?
I am not a big fish eater, kind of have to force myself to eat it except when it is sushi , that I love Wasabi and soy Yum....................

I'm a big sushi fan as well, but don't eat fresh water sushi because of the parasites that can survive both our stomach acid and the alkaline from our duodenums.

Back from my wonderful MRI. What a pain in the arize. Never had this done before so didn't know what to expect....Holy Baloney! Talk about claustrophobia!!! Plus it was noisy as all get out. Bells, whistles, zips, zaps and to make it even more annoying I was in the contraption for 45 fargin minutes.

I'm not going back for my second dose....Oh wait, I got it confused with the vaccine.

200w.gif
LOL I have been in a few of them tubes , were you in an open or closed MRI
The closed one when they slid you in just about touches your nose and it can get scary real quick.
I came so close to pulling the eject handle early but stuck it out.
Good Job Pute Hope for Good results Brother

200w.gif

I had to endure one of those when I broke my neck in 5 places....45 minutes too..I am lucky I got out alive...

all the best on your results...when do you get them?

I guess they can get the results immediately cause after mine , I went right into surgery....Saudi Aurora hospital. The chief surgeon of the Colorado hockey team was in charge of my surgery so I lucked out...

the bolts were a real ***** to deal with but easy to hook up some battery cables and jump start me

9221087D-F191-4B03-AFB6-066457D24F95.jpeg

Just got a call from my Doc.....all clear. Just my imagination....right....looking for sympathy. He said mail me a check and call me in the morning.

@ Big....that is why we couldn't get in the Rockies game 2 years ago....they though you were Frankenstein. I always wondered what was going on in your mind....especially when we went cruising for whores on Colfax.

source.gif

Last edited:
Do I infer you are referring to Nyawk, as in Nyawk, Nyawk, 10021/24, US of A??

The age old tried and true Mrs Duncan brownies recipe only calls for one lid. One lid makes (9) nine brownies.

44F @ 77% RH, partially cloudy, and predicted to reach 67F.

Geeze Louise my lower back has been shrieking and my neck sniveling for the last few days, so I have been spending an inordinate amount of time stretching. I have to get back to the gym, but it will be the 18th before the waiting period after my last shot expires.
TOG: What the heck is the volume of a "lid"? Is that an ounce?

I know you put them back
But have you ever eaten any of the fish you have caught?
I am not a big fish eater, kind of have to force myself to eat it except when it is sushi , that I love
Wasabi and soy Yum....................

ROSTERMAN -- There is a dish I prepare ONLY with one kind of fish. You almost certainly have not seen one. But they are without doubt, the best tasting, best textured, snow white meat of any fish.

I fillet them and make Hogfish Tempura. Strips of crunchy bites you dip in my special red sweet/sour sauce. No such thing as bones. Ever.

Here is what they look like (old foggy shot of MySonTheDoctor)

1617362719356.png

They are a member of the wrasse family. They are commonly mis-called: "Hog Snapper". They look like oinks. And they can change colors like a fargin octopus.

The only way to get them is to go down and hunt them. They eat spiny urchins. TINS

So you can't catch them by fishing. Gotta shoot them.

But: Hogfish can be eaten cold out of the fritter-frater just like chicken, it is that good.
1617363138935.png

ROSTERMAN -- There is a dish I prepare ONLY with one kind of fish. You almost certainly have not seen one. But they are without doubt, the best tasting, best textured, snow white meat of any fish.

I fillet them and make Hogfish Tempura. Strips of crunchy bites you dip in my special red sweet/sour sauce. No such thing as bones. Ever.

Here is what they look like (old foggy shot of MySonTheDoctor)

View attachment 270736

They are a member of the wrasse family. They are commonly mis-called: "Hog Snapper". They look like oinks. And they can change colors like a fargin octopus.

The only way to get them is to go down and hunt them. They eat spiny urchins. TINS

So you can't catch them by fishing. Gotta shoot them.

But: Hogfish can be eaten cold out of the fritter-frater just like chicken, it is that good.
View attachment 270739
Walt when I was a child of 12 I us to fish off the bridges off of Ft Myers Beach and Sanibel's Island (spelling) I think that wa sit
I caught many a parrot fish and even a Big azz Barracuda , I used live shrimp back then maybe 5 shrimp for a quarter.
Fun times.
1617367381628.png

I was always told to many bones to eat, so I gave them to the (Black) other fisherman , he was so please to get them.
Use to say colored fellow and now I am not sure even Black is ok anymore

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got a call from my Doc.....all clear. Just my imagination....right....looking for sympathy. He said mail me a check and call me in the morning.

@ Big....that is why we couldn't get in the Rockies game 2 years ago....they though you were Frankenstein. I always wondered what was going on in your mind....especially when we went cruising for whores on Colfax.

source.gif
1617367245259.png

1617367312914.png

Third trimester gut? Almost pissed myself laughing. We could be twins if'n you was better lookin'!
I keep telling people I'm bulking up for the chemo therapy diet.

We might be cuzzins if'n your genetics predispose you to deposit weight gain just above the belt line, so that it hangs out in front.

Genetics is such a card shuffle and roll of the dice. Ah truly didn't end up with the purdy gene like mah three sisters, nor the tall with a foot hanging genes like some of mah cuzzins, but alas drew brains and a really gorgeous half foot that I can find with my hands, though can no longer see.

I can only imagine your sense of relief! Did the pain immediately go away shortly after you mailed the check?

TOG: What the heck is the volume of a "lid"? Is that an ounce?

The original four finger lid was one "O-Z" (ounce). They subsequently shrunk to whatever the market would bear, but for the sake of the kindly Mrs. Duncan brownie recipe, consider it an ounce and 1/9th ounce a dose, so don't eat two.

Walt when I was a child of 12 I us to fish off the bridges off of Ft Myers Beach and Sanibel's Island (spelling) I think that wa sit I caught many a parrot fish and even a Big azz Barracuda , I used live shrimp back then maybe 5 shrimp for a quarter.
Fun times. I was always told to many bones to eat, so I gave them to the (Black) other fisherman , he was so please to get them. Use to say colored fellow and now I am not sure even Black is ok anymore

I won't tell you what we called the politically incorrect part of town we donated our bony fish to the black community in growing up, but my roku dan Japanese Kendo sensei gave me a different perspective. He said that the Japanese consider carp the queen of the fishes, but has to be cooked right.

I spear fished a mess of carp out of the pristine clear Clackamas River and his wife cooked them for us by cubing them and going through multiple cooking cycles before toping the cubes with a delicious sauce.

They were delightful and the bones crunched up like they do with sardines.

40F @ 81% RH, double gaugus, and predicted to reach 63F

Yesterday was so gaugus that Miss Layla and I spent quality time in the park twice yesterday, besides our early morning and afternoon walks. Starting to see dog owners in the park that were fixtures before the pandemic and are starting to filter back with their pups.

I worked on articles again yesterday and have a luncheon appointment to consult with a visiting brother from OK, on an extraction facility expansion there.

Lower back still screaking, so also spent extra time doing yoga stretches and walking to get some relief. It is actually better this morning, though still a breath taker standing up. More stretching today.....................

Last edited:
Walt when I was a child of 12 I us to fish off the bridges off of Ft Myers Beach and Sanibel's Island (spelling) I think that wa sit
I caught many a parrot fish and even a Big azz Barracuda , I used live shrimp back then maybe 5 shrimp for a quarter.
Fun times.
View attachment 270744
I was always told to many bones to eat, so I gave them to the (Black) other fisherman , he was so please to get them.
Use to say colored fellow and now I am not sure even Black is ok anymore
Parrot fish are edible if you are stranded on an island and there is no other food source (including bloody rock limpets). Otherwise, they are not even good as bait.

Hogfish, now... Pure white meat, no "line", no bones when filleted (and they are as easy to fillet as a banana). (*drool*)

You can buy hogfish if you go to Key West. $20 lb. Even if they call them "hog snapper" <-- double dumbasses dunno what they are selling. And look how tiny they are compared to the ones we got. They are all undersized. Juveniles.

Hogfish Fillet | Buy Hogfish Online | Key Largo Fisheries

Last edited:
I had an MRI a few years back for my neck and back. Dude put me on the table, handed me a little ball with a hose coming out of it, and told me if it got to be too much for me, all I had to do was squeeze the ball and the table would slide out into the open. He said it would take about 45 minutes. In goes the table with me on it. What seemed like five minutes later, out comes the table. I asked the dude what had happened. He said everything was fine. I told him that it was supposed to take 45 minutes. He said it did and told me I'd fallen asleep a few minutes after I hit the table. That hard, form fitting slab was so sweet on my back, I went out like a light.
All the banging and buzzing? Sounded like East German techno music to me.

I've had several MRI's and don't like entering them, but relaxed after a bit.

44F @ 79% RH, cloudy, and predicted to reach 67F.

I had a nice BELT sandwich with ice tea at Le Provence with a brother from the Dalles, consulting with him on a facility in Oklahoma. Good food, company, and conversation.

Most of the MedXtract arrived from Canada for testing. Awaiting the rest for the dance to begin.

Yesterday was a gorgeous sunshiny day and I was able to put my Williamsii out for some bright sunlight. About a week since I up potted her and she seems to have taken it in stride.

I had an MRI a few years back for my neck and back. Dude put me on the table, handed me a little ball with a hose coming out of it, and told me if it got to be too much for me, all I had to do was squeeze the ball and the table would slide out into the open. He said it would take about 45 minutes. In goes the table with me on it. What seemed like five minutes later, out comes the table. I asked the dude what had happened. He said everything was fine. I told him that it was supposed to take 45 minutes. He said it did and told me I'd fallen asleep a few minutes after I hit the table. That hard, form fitting slab was so sweet on my back, I went out like a light.
All the banging and buzzing? Sounded like East German techno music to me.
Love it! I thought I was the only Beetle Bailey that did that! 👌

I've had several MRI's and don't like entering them, but relaxed after a bit.

44F @ 79% RH, cloudy, and predicted to reach 67F.

I had a nice BELT sandwich with ice tea at Le Provence with a brother from the Dalles, consulting with him on a facility in Oklahoma. Good food, company, and conversation.

Most of the MedXtract arrived from Canada for testing. Awaiting the rest for the dance to begin.

Yesterday was a gorgeous sunshiny day and I was able to put my Williamsii out for some bright sunlight. About a week since I up potted her and she seems to have taken it in stride.
GW is there a site to see yoiur testing results and pictures anymore , like the Farm ?
I am very interested in your findings , thk U

From TOG:

"The original four finger lid was one "O-Z" (ounce). They subsequently shrunk to whatever the market would bear, but for the sake of the kindly Mrs. Duncan brownie recipe, consider it an ounce and 1/9th ounce a dose, so don't eat two."

Omigosh! You go through an OUNCE in the time that a single batch of brownies can last?

Ladeez and Gemmun, there is no fargin way this ole sojer could ever be that profligate.

The horror! The horror!

Sumbody mail me a brownie. 🙏 And not the two-legged type.

Latest posts

Back