Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy ya fargin misfits. Outside working today. First yard work and then into the garden. Hot and humid....why couldn't I have done this before the heat moved in. Eyes are stinging from sweat and pretty much soaking wet. When it is all said and done here is the result. Still no maters. Was hoping for this week......Slow year for them. Waiting....

Nice harvest! You are making my mouth water!

Maters are just starting to ripen here locally.

Radishes on top and beets lower right. Anybody want any squash?

Are you at that time during harvest that you are leaving zucchinis on doorsteps, ringing the doorbell, and running?

67F @ 75% RH, cloudy and predicted to reach 78F. They were predicting rain for today yesterday, but not so this morning.

And this fine morning starts with a police standoff in SE Portland, a local school custodian arrested for plotting a mass shooting, and 911 calls up 45% from this time last year. Oregon has now reached 8th place in the nation for property crimes.

I took yesterday off digging, after ordering an underground cable tracer, which is due today. Thank you Roster for the suggestion!

It sends a signal down the valve wires, which can be traced above ground using the receiver. The missing valve is not necessarily where the leak is, but it is the most likely location, because of the number of connections.

Having not heard from my doctor following my knee CT scan over a week ago, I contacted them via email and they told me that they had received the scan and instructed me to set up an appointment to discuss it with the doctor. That line took a message and promised to call back, but did not. I continue to be unimpressed with the new heal care system.

1628250133523.png

Try not to gasp at this one. Think about "them" coming to force you to take a jab:

https://www.justice.gov/crt/deprivation-rights-under-color-law

TITLE 18, U.S.C., SECTION 242

Whoever, under color of any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom, willfully subjects any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States,… shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if bodily injury results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include the use, attempted use, or threatened use of a dangerous weapon, explosives, or fire, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.

61F @ 60% RH, partially cloudy and predicted to reach 80F.

Got notice my underground cable tracer arrived, so will be at that today.

Not before breakfast out and replacing the water heater at one of the rentals. I have a new one sitting at will call as we speak.

What a mornin'!!

1628339672895.png

I just got done scaring myself half to death -- my Beautiful Witch's flame tree (that's its real name -- AKA: poinciana) in my back yard has to have serious trimming done every 3 years or so. The branches of this kind of beast will grow until the tree is more than a hundred feet across, and those branches will come down right to the grass.

So early-early this moanin' afore it gots too hot... there I yam, way up on my big stepladder, waving my chainsaw ONE-HANDED (could not use two and still remain ten feet up). When the saw finally got through the 5" thick branch, the twenty-foot cut-off branch came down and whacked Himself if the left arm... followed by the still-whizzing chainsaw.

The fargin limb saved my arm from having an artery cut open!!!!! :eek: The chain hit the limb in the split-second that it was between the whirring chain and Unca-arm. O jeez.

Continuing with the action, I fell offa the ladder. Owie. Managed to throw the chainsaw on the way down so I din' land on the sucker.

I am really getting too fargin old for this kind of thing. Not only that, but I am running out of parts.

Here's the best part (from my POV). I stopped crying and moved the stepladder to the next branch. I did a total of four. (pant, puf)

Then, I dragged each of the logs to my woodpile about 200' away. (wheeze <-- I was all out of pant-pufs). Coupla hunnert pounds. Jeezy-jeez.

So here I sit, after showering off sawdust, dirt, and mebbe a little spilled pee, ready to whip my weight in butterflies.

Last edited:
What a mornin'!!

View attachment 276600

I just got done scaring myself half to death -- my Beautiful Witch's flame tree (that's its real name -- AKA: poinciana) in my back yard has to have serious trimming done every 3 years or so. The branches of this kind of beast will grow until the tree is a hundred feet across, and those branches will come down right to the grass.

So early-early afore it gets too hot... there I yam, way up on my big stepladder, waving my chainsaw ONE-HANDED (could not use two and still remain ten feet up). When the saw finally got through the 5" thick branch, the twenty-foot cut-off branch came down and whacked Himself if the left arm... followed by the still-whizzing chainsaw.

The fargin limb saved my arm from having an artery cut open!!!!! :eek: The chain hit the limb in the split-second that it was between the whirring chain and Unca-arm. O jeez.

Continuing with the action, I fell offa the ladder. Owie. Managed to throw the chainsaw on the way down so I din' land on the sucker.

I am really getting too fargin old for this kind of thing. Not only that, but I am running out of parts.

Here's the best part (from my POV). I stopped crying and moved the stepladder to the next branch. I did a total of four. (pant, puf)

Then, I dragged each of the logs to my woodpile about 200' away. (wheeze <-- I was all out of pant-pufs).

So here I sit, after showering off sawdust, dirt, and mebbe a little spilled pee, ready to whip my weight in butterflies.
tmid2wihdrfx5ptu0ion.gif

Latest posts

Back