Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
check out these dawgs

early bird coffee Shoppe girl already at work!
AC55144F-EFB1-461B-B929-F9CFE137E27A.jpeg

have a fresh cup , who could refuse?

5768A5F0-ADA3-4BD7-8217-8AA3AA53F067.jpeg

@ GW...glad you are feeling a bit better. Maybe some day this will just be a bad memory. I am sure at our age there are more health issues just waiting to jump up and bite us in the arise.

It was instantly a bad memory, but I've been relatively pain free since about noon Saturday, have been able to eat, clear my bowels, and move on to my dental appointment this morning to fit for a new upper denture, another CT scan tomorrow to look for the kidney stone. Due to a shortage in operating rooms, I'm still waiting for the schedule to rebuild one of my bionic knees, and am due another colonoscopy this year.

I've worn out some parts, and traumatized a bunch more getting here, but I've always considered myself a fundamentally heathy person and have seldom gotten sick relative to the general population. I also took good care of myself and was highly athletic competing in fencing and martial arts until age 38 when my left knee reached its limits, and I directed my attentions to a new job in mid-management, as well as a new living arrangement with the my best friend, whom I subsequently ended up marrying.

The quandary in my face as we speak, is how many are coming around again, and have ganged up at once. I hoped to outlive that replacement knee, I didn't expect my expensive dental implants to painfully fail, and my fifth kidney stone was out of the blue.

I did remember my colonoscopy was due this year, with the only saving grace being that my Gastroenterologists is an absolute fox, whom I would love to have as my Urologist.

Teeth and knees are just wear problems and I will be sending off a 30 day sample of my urine for analysis to see what systemic imbalance I have so that I continue to pass kidney stones, bringing us back to my general health, which is still very good. If I live much longer, there is a Transurethral resection to my enlarged prostate in my future and my other knee is only about five years younger than the replacement knee that is already worn out, soooo I see more surgery.

The greatest hazard I see right now is things like the flu that I had, which threw my electrolytes out of balance and temporarily gave me 180 beats a minute tachycardia with an irregular heartbeat, or another kidney stone which had my BP to 197 over 121.

Even strong young hearts and plumbing won't continue to take a lot of that kind of abuse with out failures.

Statistics suggest that at our ages our remaining lifespan is relatively short, so I'm thinking that all we can do is try to keep it sweet by enjoying as much of it as we can, between medical "inconveniences."

Clean living.jpg

that's why I favor dogs...;)

I am fond of most critters, and cats continue to find and pick me to live with and manage for some reason, but dogs are hands down my absolute favorite for a litany of reasons, all backed by good memories.

Cats are solitary hunters, while dogs are pack animals, so there is a big difference in their needs and perspective as a result. Billy Joel's song, "She's always a woman to me", could have been written about a cat.

40F @ 92RH, clear, and predicted to reach 54F.

Portland and State Police, made a street racing bust last night, stopped 47 cars, issued 21 citations, and made two arrests. One for an outstanding warrant, and another for felony attempting to elude, reckless driving, criminal mischief, reckless endangerment and cited for a variety of traffic violations (including not having a valid driver’s license).

Not sure where to put this one. Having my morning bowl, drinking coffee, getting the dogs in, out, fed etc. and hanging out with you guys. I posted something to the wrong thread. I know the first answer is, "Why don't you smoke another one" hehehe. I PM a moderator.

Not sure where to put this one. Having my morning bowl, drinking coffee, getting the dogs in, out, fed etc. and hanging out with you guys. I posted something to the wrong thread. I know the first answer is, "Why don't you smoke another one" hehehe. I PM a moderator.
PM Hopper...my day off.

It was instantly a bad memory, but I've been relatively pain free since about noon Saturday, have been able to eat, clear my bowels, and move on to my dental appointment this morning to fit for a new upper denture, another CT scan tomorrow to look for the kidney stone. Due to a shortage in operating rooms, I'm still waiting for the schedule to rebuild one of my bionic knees, and am due another colonoscopy this year.

I've worn out some parts, and traumatized a bunch more getting here, but I've always considered myself a fundamentally heathy person and have seldom gotten sick relative to the general population. I also took good care of myself and was highly athletic competing in fencing and martial arts until age 38 when my left knee reached its limits, and I directed my attentions to a new job in mid-management, as well as a new living arrangement with the my best friend, whom I subsequently ended up marrying.

The quandary in my face as we speak, is how many are coming around again, and have ganged up at once. I hoped to outlive that replacement knee, I didn't expect my expensive dental implants to painfully fail, and my fifth kidney stone was out of the blue.

I did remember my colonoscopy was due this year, with the only saving grace being that my Gastroenterologists is an absolute fox, whom I would love to have as my Urologist.

Teeth and knees are just wear problems and I will be sending off a 30 day sample of my urine for analysis to see what systemic imbalance I have so that I continue to pass kidney stones, bringing us back to my general health, which is still very good. If I live much longer, there is a Transurethral resection to my enlarged prostate in my future and my other knee is only about five years younger than the replacement knee that is already worn out, soooo I see more surgery.

The greatest hazard I see right now is things like the flu that I had, which threw my electrolytes out of balance and temporarily gave me 180 beats a minute tachycardia with an irregular heartbeat, or another kidney stone which had my BP to 197 over 121.

Even strong young hearts and plumbing won't continue to take a lot of that kind of abuse with out failures.

Statistics suggest that at our ages our remaining lifespan is relatively short, so I'm thinking that all we can do is try to keep it sweet by enjoying as much of it as we can, between medical "inconveniences."

View attachment 280468
My car dealer had this comic on his bulletin board. Very funny!

Bubba

Just Pulled the root balls from my fabric grow pots.
Man talk about healthy roots , they worked great.
Collected and washed all roots except one 15 gallon bag, things heavy but I peeled it back little at a time.
Going to compost the soil with some leaves and small amounts of Grass from the lawn (and maple leaves) for next year.

Latest posts

Back