Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had 100 staples in my belly and have have my guts hauled out 3 times and that's just for starts...
Guy I worked with went through the same thing. Probably for different reasons, though. He bought a Belgian Browning target pistol in 22 short. Went out with his buddies to to some target drinking. He was walking up the stairs to his apartment with his unloaded pistol (thought it was, anyhoo) and managed to shoot himself in the belly. He crapped in a bag for three years while he went through a lot of surgeries to mend all the holes in his guts. Doc told him it was like the bullet was in a pinball machine. Ricocheted off of his spine, hit a front rib, hit a back rib, etc. To this day he can't fathom why he'd pull the trigger on the pistol even if he thought it was unloaded.

time for this old man to hit the sack, got a procedure on my back tomorrow around noon, no eating tonight...they don't wanna clean up my breakfast...they're burning the nerves off my lower spine...I'll be up and running tomorrow, got plenty of stuff needing done around here...

Evenin` gang !
I don`t have any pains so to speak of . My problem is severe copd . Years of carpentry , no idea how many pounds of fiberglass and rockwool insulation my lungs have inhaled . Not to mention the fumes workin` in factories . Plus living in The Chemical Valley......Ohio River valley between Ohio and WV . Add in 51 years of smoking and 49 years proving I could take the biggest tokes ! COPD is a sneaky ***** . Ya` don`t notice it all at once . It just slowly gets a little worse....and a little worse....ad nauseum . Never gets better . I hadta` quit growing as I can`t get up and down the basement stairs . Oxygen about half the day and all night . So far the worst parts are not being able to do whatcha` did last year . The other scary bad part is the freakin` panic attacks . If I let my oxygen get to low , due to cannula` leaving my nose at night , or just forgetfulness when I know better . I hafta` get up.....panicking.....and have this all encompassing feeling of doom . I usually head outside for fresh air and to grab the chain link fence to ground myself . Then I use my emergency inhaler for every teeny tiny breath I can take . Takes a bit , but I usually come around within 30 minutes or so . But it wears ya` out for a few days ! I believe that this disease is almost as bad a cancer . But I`m gettin` by . And say my prayers nightly . So when my time comes I`ll be ready . Ain`t skeered o` dying .
G`night all !
peace

Last edited:
I don`t have any pains so to speak of . My problem is severe copd . Years of carpentry , no idea how many pounds of fiberglass and rockwool insulation my lungs have inhaled . Not to mention the fumes workin` in factories . Plus living in The Chemical Valley......Ohio River valley between Ohio and WV . Add in 51 years of smoking and 49 years proving I could take the biggest tokes ! COPD is a sneaky ***** . Ya` don`t notice it all at once . It just slowly gets a little worse....and a little worse....ad nauseum . Never gets better . I hadta` quit growing as I can`t get up and down the basement stairs . Oxygen about half the day and all night . So far the worst parts are not being able to do whatcha` did last year . The other scary bad part is the freakin` panic attacks . If I let my oxygen get to low , due to cannula` leaving my nose at night , or just forgetfulness when I know better . I hafta` get up.....panicking.....and have this all encompassing feeling of doom . I usually head outside for fresh air and to grab the chain link fence to ground myself . Then I use my emergency inhaler for every teeny tiny breath I can take . Takes a bit , but I usually come around within 30 minutes or so . But it wears ya` out for a few days ! I believe that this disease is almost as bad a cancer . But I`m gettin` by . And say my prayers nightly . So when my time comes I`ll be ready . Ain`t skeered o` dying .
G`night all !
peace

time for this old man to hit the sack, got a procedure on my back tomorrow around noon, no eating tonight...they don't wanna clean up my breakfast...they're burning the nerves off my lower spine...I'll be up and running tomorrow, got plenty of stuff needing done around here...

They don't want you to eat because you actually might drown. TINS

Latest posts

Back