Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be well Steve.....we need ya here. Hoping you are wrong on a spike. Our economy and your shop can't survive a prolonged shut down. I'm about to buy gold and a bunch of it. Let's spend another 3 trillion. For some reason some don't understand we have to pay that back. Get ready for 70% taxes and double didget inflation. A dozen eggs will come $25 .
I hope I’m wrong too

Be well Steve.....we need ya here. Hoping you are wrong on a spike. Our economy and your shop can't survive a prolonged shut down. I'm about to buy gold and a bunch of it. Let's spend another 3 trillion. For some reason some don't understand we have to pay that back. Get ready for 70% taxes and double didget inflation. A dozen eggs will come $25 .

Unfortunately there wasnt enough oversight on the money already spent and it went to those who truly didnt need it - fortunately a few have returned what they got. But, still too much wasteful government spending and greedy vendors.

$25 for eggs? I HIGHLY doubt it. It's no different than when it was predicted that gas would NEVER go under $3/gallon. Then we found it dip below $2/gallon when Obama opened up the reserves. Now, its priced for a recession.

Things will eventually get back to normal. But its gonna take a while. Speaking remotely with my doctor today, he said it will be a minimum of a yr. My sister-in-law, who is also a doctor, feels it will be longer than that.

And in plant news....
I harvested 3 more plants - 2 Power Plants and 1 Strawberry Cough. Mostly dry now and in paper bags or jars with 62% Boveda packs. My flower tent is back to max, and so is my veg tent, with new seeds on the way.

Also made some more gummies. But, they are way too strong. So, I'll be melting them down and putting them Into the tiny bear molds. The ice cube tray ones are over 80mg each. Cut into 4ths is still a bit strong for micro dosing. Bear molds should be closer to 10mg each. But, that Jolly Ranger jello is the bomb! Especially with making them a bit sour using a citric acid/sugar coating.

Last edited:
Yes I have seen the mandalorian. I thought it was great. Hope you feel better soon
Thanks. I finally decided to come on for a minute and see what's up and before I knew it I had to run off to the bathroom again for awhile. Couldn't even get past one thread. Trying again.

Good Morning! Man! We had some of the worst and the most lightening I’ve seen in awhile. At least the power stayed on!

Mother Nature's light show huh ? Our power outages have been really reduced because the power company has been laying the lines under ground. Hard for a tree branch to fall on them this way.

Good morning, boys & girls. It's just another day in paradise. I lived through the Hong Kong flu, the Bird flu, the Swine flu, and God knows how many other flavors of flu, and I'll probably live through the Corona virus. For as bad as it's made out to be, I personally know of no one that has had it or died from it. It seems it's always someone's brother's wife's cousin's neighbor. I don't deny the fact that it's here, and I don't believe the body counts are too exaggerated, I'm just saying it hasn't affected me or mine. I thank what ever deity is politically correct for that.
Stay healthy, stay safe. We need ya!

Last edited by a moderator:
The only person close to me that had it was my 90 year old mother in law. She has everything going against her. COPD, Emphysema, in a nursing home, you name it but she pulled through like a trooper

Morning pot heads.

@ caw..
Unfortunately there wasnt enough oversight on the money already spent and it went to those who truly didnt need it - fortunately a few have returned what they got. But, still too much wasteful government spending and greedy vendors.

$25 for eggs? I HIGHLY doubt it. It's no different than when it was predicted that gas would NEVER go under $3/gallon. Then we found it dip below $2/gallon when Obama opened up the reserves. Now, its priced for a recession.

Well, a typical whipersnapper. Doesn't understand the consequences of national debt and the long term effects. You should be concerned....your generation will foot the bill.
Problem is....you don't see or notice it but it is there. I remember when gas was 17 cents a gallon. Inflation.....you don't see it but as a previous business owner I do. The gov't has no concept of controlling expenses.....NONE of them. Thank god for our sitting President!!! He is the only president that really understands how to balance a check book. His techniques are caustic but effective if given the chance.....I doubt he will get that even with the next 4 years he will get come November.

OPEN The COUNTRY!!!!
Huh? "Balance a checkbook"? Really? Is this something he learned before or after his several bankruptcies?

No, I understand that there will be lasting affects. BUT, since tens of thousands of deaths were lost due to government/the POTUS delayed action/inaction, THE PEOPLE should come first. Denying science is no way to run a country. Not much of an economy can exist without living people to fuel it.

I'm fortunate that I wont have to return to work for months, but still get paid. My wife returns to work Monday. I find it a bit scary that you are pushing people to return to work, to "open up the country", and YOU DONT EVEN WORK! So, people should risk their lives, the lives of family and friends, to benefit who?

Yes, the economy is going to suffer. People are going to die. But if you want to stimulate an economy, put money into the hands of the people. Most people are not greedy like corporations. They will go out and spend the money. Top down economics has NEVER worked. It simply makes the rich richer.

So yeah, open up the country WHEN it's safe and the least amount of lives will be affected. There needs to be a plan, and the plan be followed. NOT business as usual. That's just plain dumb IMO.

@WoodsRat I unfortunately know a few who have contracted the virus, 1 who has died. A co-worker who went on vacation caught it. Thankfully she didnt return to work, but she died shortly after. Another co-workers girl friend caught it. A close friend and her husband caught it (in NY). I have 2 friends who were recently released from the hospital and are home recovering. And my godmother's brother in law (my God father's brother), is in ICU right now. I'm a 50 y/o smoker and scared to death of catching it. I highly doubt I'll make it.

Why do people who don't support the president have a vague memory. Our President reacted much quicker than any of his left leaning opponents would have. He closed the country down so quick the libs called him a racist. But if you have selected memory.....I can't help that. Go back to where you came from. I am staying here and don't bother you with just trying to start and argument and bait me into saying something so a mod can come down on me. Sorry mods I ain't taking the bait.

Oh, I'm glad you get free stuff for a long time Caw. You can sit back relax and let me help you make your house payment for you. Oh, I don't work....why am I still paying 10's of thousands in taxes a year.....I'm still investing in real estate and making 6 figures a year..... I use my brain to continue to make $$$ no watch Oprah or The View....

Why do people who don't support the president have a vague memory. Our President reacted much quicker than any of his left leaning opponents would have. He closed the country down so quick the libs called him a racist. But if you have selected memory.....I can't help that. Go back to where you came from. I am staying here and don't bother you with just trying to start and argument and bait me into saying something so a mod can come down on me. Sorry mods I ain't taking the bait.

Oh, I'm glad you get free stuff for a long time Caw. You can sit back relax and let me help you make your house payment for you. Oh, I don't work....why am I still paying 10's of thousands in taxes a year.....I'm still investing in real estate and making 6 figures a year..... I use my brain to continue to make $$$ no watch Oprah or The View....

The "racist" comment in relation to the China travel ban came from....wait for it...ONE NEWS OUTLET, ONE REPORTER. If you have proof otherwise, please share.

Acted quicker? That's kind of funny. Was this before or after disbanding a pandemic office? Was this before or after ignoring the "playbook" left by the previous administration? No, he was late by ignoring SCIENTIST. He was late by ignoring people in his own administration. Had he just acted even 2 weeks sooner (although he was given info 2 months earlier), he could've saved tens of thousands of lives.

No one is trying to bait you into anything. If you dont want to go down this road, my recommendation is to stop making controversial/political comments. Dont mention your opinion of political name and his actions. Dont speak of how you believe he will be here for another 4 years. Dont mention opening up the country. Stick strictly to marijuana growing and such and leave ALL politics at the door.

And lastly, you have ZERO clue what I do for a living. But I can assure you, I get NOTHING from you. You dont support me in the slightest. I support myself and my family. "Free stuft"? What do you call it by bailing out corporations? At least Obama insisted they pay the back, which they did - every dime. Be mad, but be mad at who's responsible

And why are you lashing out at me? I said nothing bad about you personally. You yourself stated you were retired. I just went with what you said - words matter.

But, typical Right wing response when you say something bad a out their cult leader. Try to turn things into a personal vendetta. I've said nothing but the truth, all documented truth, not opinions. We have a lying, failed, reality show host, POTUS! You've been conned.

Hummmmm,,,i know i read some rules about this before i was accepted and joined this Site.
How about we change the subject.
I got the job i interviewed for this morning. Pretty good pay plus Per Dium. Wont be bored anymore.:)Hope everybody has a good weekend.
By the way i am new here so if i said something wrong just tell me and ill stay away. I just dont think ppl should be talking about Politics because it causes too many hard feelings.

Latest posts

Back