Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aint that the truth GW.

Sadly so.

Little Bastards took out my 400 dollar rural mail box last night in storm They were riding ATVs and one of them lost control and snapped the post (aluminum filled with concrete)Then left the scene, I hope they scored at least one battle scar.Now how do I put a new one up with frozen grounds.

Hippies bonfire sounds like your best shot thawing the ground. We used galvanized steel post full of concrete for our country mail boxes to reduce vandalism.

44F @ 85% RH, rain with 5mph winds, and predicted to soar to 50F during the heat of the day.

I lost internet services for a couple days when Century Link discontinued their Prism program and just dropped the connections. I had to wait in a lengthy queue of calls that were very important to them to get a new user name and password, which was wrong, so I had to do it twice.

I've been trying to get our dishwasher fixed but continue to languish on the line waiting for the service department where I bought it to answer my call that is very important to them. I finally disconnected the dishwasher and loaded it in the Jeep and took it to the store and confronted them, only to find a totally incompetent moron at the service desk that asked me to cycle the breaker and see if it's computer reset itself. I told her that it was a little late for that and what I needed was a time and place to drop it off for repair, to which she decided to lecture me on how hard she was trying to help me and asked if she could speak to my wife.

I told her that she clearly wasn't trying to help me, she was trying to lecture me, no she couldn't speak to my wife, and that just so we were clear, I will get it fixed elsewhere and will never ever buy from Standard Appliance again, before walking out. The arrogant b-word followed me out the door and asked again to speak to my wife, to which I told her she must be out of her mind.

Just stick the pole in a bucket of sand temporary. Dig a new hole in spring.
I can tell you live in a place that isn't windy. ;) A guy down the road did the same thing last year and spent most of his time standing the thing back up.

Hopper, I thought we agreed you'd keep the white stuff down where you're at. It's all white outside. Cold, too. I ain't mad atcha. It had to happen sometime.

My mailman is built bigger than weedhopper and he will rip the post from the sand every time he opens the door. very heavy door LOL.........................
1510129281_strong-man-in-gym.gif

Little Bastards took out my 400 dollar rural mail box last night in storm
They were riding ATVs and one of them lost control and snapped the post (aluminum filled with concrete)
Then left the scene, I hope they scored at least one battle scar.
Now how do I put a new one up with frozen grounds.

Ros -- I'd put my money on your mailbox for the minimum damage lo$$. On those things, just about everything that isn't plastic is irreplaceable. Running into a concrete pole is outside the ATV specifications.

Ros -- I'd put my money on your mailbox for the minimum damage lo$$. On those things, just about everything that isn't plastic is irreplaceable. Running into a concrete pole is outside the ATV specifications.
Hey now there is a thought , I took it all apart and just the fancy center pole is broken beyond repair
Wonder if company that sold it trough Homedepot has parts avail?

50F @ 91% RH, rain with 5mph winds, and predicted to reach 52F. Expecting heavy rains over the weekend, which will no doubt play hell with the burned off parts and small tributaries.

I got everything trimmed and ready for the drywall repairs and baseboard/molding/quarter round replacement.

Grayfox helped clean up our construction mess to this point, and our new tenant dropped by to discuss move in. The painters haven't showed up yet, but say they will be done by Jan 1, and my new tenant says they can work around him if they show up late.

Morning. @GW....tenant is a dirty word to me!! Dealt with them for 20 years....still have nightmares!!! My plants make much better tenants and never complain.....ha ha!

Where is Granny? I thought she was a lifelong member!!!!!

Going to my daughters for dinner tonight....I think that is still allowed. Might wait until after dark to go over and hope nobody sees us go.

Sun is shining and looks to be a good day.....great to be semi free!

Last edited:
Another dreary one here in the Mitten. Our illustrious governor extended the lockdown to January 15th (she didn't say what year) for bars and restaurants, but reopened bowling alleys and theaters. Huh? So I can set in the movies for an hour or two and I'm safe, and I can be a lane away from someone in a bowling alley, but I can't spend an hour in a eatery or pub? Fuzzy logic.

Latest posts

Back