Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grayfox inherited her folks oversized Maytag washer and dryer, so we moved our existing ones to a rental, and about 20 years later we had an opportunity to pick up a stainless set from a friend who was moving, so we moved the Maytag washer and dryer to another rental.

We are on our second washer and dryer set since then and both of the old sets keep moving right along in the rentals without issue. I don't know how old either are, but when we moved in together we picked up the originals at a used appliance store and Grayfox's parents units had already raised four kids.

I periodically scan the obits to see what age group is dying off and notice most are still a decade or two older, but a fair number die while still purdy to look at. No offense intended to any old farts in attendance, but have you noticed that the older the person is in the obits, the younger the picture of them they post?

They were still making good dishwashers back in the early 50's when she was conceived, so you should probably hang on to her brother!

I'll take my mask off for the final shot:

1610122872202.png

Well, I'm in the Hospital.!
In traction, beat up and sore as hell.

Yesterday was a bad day.
I decided to go horseback riding, something I haven't done in a very long time.
It turned out to be a Big mistake !!
I got on the horse and started out slowly, but then We went a little faster and before I knew it,the horse was galloping.
I couldn't take the pace and fell off, but caught my foot in the stirrup and the horse was dragging Me !
It wouldn't stop.
Thank goodness the manager at the store came out and unplugged the machine!

But, He had the nerve to take the rest of My change so I wouldn't attempt to ride the Elephant

I am newly retired (1 month in).

I love each day with nothing to do.
Actually I keep busy - so I guess I should say - nothing that i HAVE to do.

There's no Tension when you're on Pension !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smoke em if ya gottem!!!!!

yeeeeehaaaWWWWWW!!!!
Welcome to retirement!! I just pulled the plug in middle of 2018. Loving it, gotta stay active though...

Morning Misfits. Smells like a nursing home in here. Thank God I'm not as old as GW or Walt.....I have only been retired for 11 years now. I checked out a few months before my 60th b-day! Never worked so fricken hard in my life since.

Welcome to the land of Ahhhhhs....beekeeper and mean4green....we are all getting together for lawn bowling this afternoon.....hope you whipper snappers can keep up.

putembk:

That prostitute burp joke you posted.

Reminded me of another great memory (thanks for engaging my LT memory!!!)

Years ago I was on a fishing trip with two buddies. One afternoon, we are sitting in a bar.
Next to us is an old guy local regular. We share the ** and tell a few jokes. He torments the lady bartender but she seems used to it and smiles the wisecracks off.

The old guy told the joke you posted.

about 10 minutes later,

the old guy burps,
and the lady bartender looks at us and says

I smell ****..

F man - the whole bar rolled laughing.

Old Man took it in stride.

I love old country dive type bars!!

Morning Misfits. Smells like a nursing home in here. Thank God I'm not as old as GW or Walt.....I have only been retired for 11 years now. I checked out a few months before my 60th b-day! Never worked so fricken hard in my life since.

Pute, you've only been a free man for 11 years? 16 for me. Haven't worn a slave bracelet since, either. What do I care what time it is?

I haven't worn a watch since the day I retired. Probably don't remember how to tell time..... Ha ha, I concede Hippie you beat me to the finish line.

I retired professionally at age 62, but have managed to stay busy for the 15 years since with my hobbies and haven't worn a watch since then either.

Latest posts

Back