Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mutt any really good finds
I once found a gold coin as a kid in a friends fathers field
I did not get to keep it , worth a few bucks I figured , My friends dad treated me very good afterwards. I always had my beers paid for at the bar.
I was 19 when I found it and it was a 20 dollar gold eagle . Was worth quite a bit even back then.
Look liked this and it was dirty but they restored it to almost new appearance.
View attachment 325791
Nothing special silver dimes quarters lot of clad coins. Awesome find love to find anything gold

Always Loved Muttley
1682343319447.png

Nothing special silver dimes quarters lot of clad coins. Awesome find love to find anything gold
As a kid of 15 I walked a local beach area that had swampy side beach areas that would trap coins and jewelry from swimmers from over many yrs.
I use to find gold rings, chains, lockets, and even Gold High school rings
Many 20-50 yrs old, Silver quarters and 50 cent pieces were found a lot
All by eye after a good storm.

Funny story
I found that coin with a shitty 25 dollar detector I kept in my trunk of my car for 2 yrs LOL
I have often thought to maybe buy a better one and try again.
My first cheap detector I dug in the center of old 5 gal bucket Thought id found Jesse James Gold LOL
Funny story
I found that coin with a shitty 25 dollar detector I kept in my trunk of my car for 2 yrs LOL

Funny story
Morning Roster, are you feeling better today? I have a metal detector on my wish list. I always wanted one I think I'm old enough these days. Go for it Roster buy a better one and go out exploring. I need to do the same thing. Exploring with a detector is on my buckets list.☺️

Morning Misfits. Stormy week coming. The city is supposed to get a rain snow mix but I am about 1,000 ft above the city so I am bracing for a major snow event. This could be measured in feet and not inches.
Downed trees and power outages come with a storm like this. I will spend some time today preparing for the mess that is coming.

My first cheap detector I dug in the center of old 5 gal bucket Thought id found Jesse James Gold LOL
I use to live in Florida as a child and we visited some of the old Spanish forts there
I use to think everything shinny was pirate tressure , once I even climbed down into a moat like waterway because I saw a Gold Dab loon it was a soda label.

Good morning

more recovery today here , my entire mouth is full of stitches from one side to another , top and bottom

went out arrowhead hunting , no luck , just a few flakes , but it was nice getting out in the sun

checked out an old homestead

View attachment 325766View attachment 325767View attachment 325768View attachment 325769View attachment 325770View attachment 325771View attachment 325772
That fifth pic looks like a Holiday Inn in Buttfuk, Oklahoma.
I collect old bottles too, if you are lucky you can find an old outhouse to dig up
They threw all the trash in them too
My childhood buddy bought an old farmer's shack on two acres as his first home. It had a swale outback where we'd do some plinking. We shot up tons of old glass bottles, most of 'em blue. Probably destroyed a small fortune before we knew they were worth anything.

Morning Misfits. 45 and cloudy here. The Old Hen turned 69 today. I told her I was gonna wait 'til next year and trade her in on two 35 year olds.

Morning Graywolf enjoy your morning weather why'll you have it summer is right around the corner. What exam is upcoming Graywolf I must of forgot?
Good morning Ness!
bigarmhug.gif
Looking forward to the warm weather, though tongue in cheek with our 200% snowpack.

My semi annual physical, where they just check my vitals and blood chemistry.
My first and only one was a cheap one to find my brass after a tournament.
I've actually drunk this very brand,

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back