Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20230613_182940.jpg

Got alot of chestnut droppings on the deck. I have started calling them monkey tails. Dont know the correct term and it's not worth a google to me. Anyone got a different word for them? Asking for a friend that is 6 beers in tonight.

just got back from the docs office, stopped by a place called lee ho fooks, wanted to get a bowl of beef chow mein...ah-hoo...
saw the docs assistant, great folks over there...seems in the last 3 months my kidney functions improved 3% and my blood sugar is high but still pre diabetes...doc is thrilled and didn't think putting any poison in my body was needed so no meds, just keep living right and being smart with what I put in my mouth should do the trick...doc is happy with the direction things are going so I should be as well but I'm not digging the fatigue...I'm hoping the energy level comes back to where it should be and happy I am able to continue at the gym...after yesterday I wasn't too sure, took all I had to do what was in front of me...
I was told that I'm not 25 anymore and my body has been very much abused so suck it up and work with what I got...46 broken bones, 2 rebuilt knees and 1 shoulder, 4 major belly operations was supposed to slow me down...I guess it has to some extent but I still feel the need to run in my head...I've always worked and played hard, now I must learn to temper myself a little...time to fire a celebratory joint of hella jelly up... ;)
Like your docs advice boo. Sounds sound. Glad you are getting better. Keep hammering down. You got this till you dont.

Old Hen picked up some bacon cheese bread at the local orchard, so I had buttered bacon cheese toast sandwich with bacon for supper. Nice thing about getting old; you can have breakfast for dinner or dinner for breakfast or any damn thing you want for lunch/dinner/breakfast/snacks. :)

Glad you got a promising doc visit today
Thank you Subbie, it certainly made my day… i’m a long ways from being out of the woods, but I’m a long ways from being out of the cemetery as well… I have thoroughly abused and completely used my body, and all that it gave me in the years that I have been able to… as my doctor told me, I am not 25 anymore and I shouldn’t expect to feel it…

I don't have too. I have a Wife. Plus id rather fish. I have always liked window shopping. I'm married not dead. My Mom's last husband before she passed was younger than me. They were married 20yrs. He died 3 yrs later.
Sorry I'm late to reply. I was figuratively speaking. Nothing wrong with looking and admiring. It was the apparent and/or portrayed age of the two gals that took me aback.

Carry on, mate. I know you will under all that hard armor.

Thats true. I’m just figuring that out myself. I’m trying my best these days to embrace the good things that come with age and try not to think so much about body breakdown which I can’t do much about once my parts whichever they are at the moment wearing out. I am kinda hoping my mine lasts till the end tho…

Latest posts

Back