Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats true. I’m just figuring that out myself. I’m trying my best these days to embrace the good things that come with age and try not to think so much about body breakdown which I can’t do much about once my parts whichever they are at the moment wearing out. I am kinda hoping my mine lasts till the end tho…
if the body holds up long enough it's the mind that fails...I have moments that I have to stop and reset so I can figure out whats next...I used to shift on the fly but now I usually idle down until it's all clear...the house started tumbling down about 18 months ago, at least for me...

@boo , I read with interest your post about fishing. In my lifetime, I have caught salmon and rainbow trout in Alaska using a Zebco. Good freshwater fishing does not require elaborate gear, does it?

Please post your catches. I can taste a pan-fried bream or bass right now!
not a serious endeavour shiloh but a whim...I'm gonna get one to keep in the kayak and one for the truck if it makes me smile...fresh water fishing is as cheap as you want it to be...a 20 dollar pole and mebbe 10 bucks for bait/lures, a thermos of ice water, and a joint is all I need...I'm not in pute's class as a fisherman but if the smiles roll in I'm all for it...I''ll gladly post up but I don't plan on keeping any...unless I snag a snook, that's game on time...;)

not a serious endeavour shiloh but a whim...I'm gonna get one to keep in the kayak and one for the truck if it makes me smile...fresh water fishing is as cheap as you want it to be...a 20 dollar pole and mebbe 10 bucks for bait/lures, a thermos of ice water, and a joint is all I need...I'm not in pute's class as a fisherman but if the smiles roll in I'm all for it...I''ll gladly post up but I don't plan on keeping any...unless I snag a snook, that's game on time...;)

Oh, I hear you about snook--the holy grail of Florida fishing. I caught a big 'un once off Marco Island when it was a sleepy fishing village back in the 70s. Best fish I ever ate!

Last edited:
if the body holds up long enough it's the mind that fails...I have moments that I have to stop and reset so I can figure out whats next...I used to shift on the fly but now I usually idle down until it's all clear...the house started tumbling down about 18 months ago, at least for me...
Your cognizance speaks volumes. We are all winding down. I am and I know it. What I wonder about is if there will be a resurgence. That keeps me going.

Underwater scenes were shot in Silver Springs, FL, to this day a haunting and atmospheric area in the real Florida.
So was the old series Sea Hunt with Lloyd Bridges. They still had some of the props on the bottom of the white limestone bottom. Beautiful place.

Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif
whacky114.gif

Partly cloudy here starting at 51F and predicted to reach 69F.

I finished the caged herb garden and will pick up the dirt and plant in it today, starting with some Train Wreck, chives, and basil.

Grayfox leaves for her annual Shakespearian Festival week at Ashland today, leaving the girls and me to bach and catch up on wanton debauchery.

I dug out my TENS device to try on my upper back, only to discover that we were out of AAA batteries. I grabbed those and am now faced with how to attach the electrodes to my back with Grayfox over the hill and far a way......................

Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif
whacky114.gif

Partly cloudy here starting at 51F and predicted to reach 69F.

I finished the caged herb garden and will pick up the dirt and plant in it today, starting with some Train Wreck, chives, and basil.

Grayfox leaves for her annual Shakespearian Festival week at Ashland today, leaving the girls and me to bach and catch up on wanton debauchery.

I dug out my TENS device to try on my upper back, only to discover that we were out of AAA batteries. I grabbed those and am now faced with how to attach the electrodes to my back with Grayfox over the hill and far a way......................
Maybe show up shirtless at the neighbors house with a dozen doughnuts? Have a fun wanton and debauchery day 😊

just got back from the docs office, stopped by a place called lee ho fooks, wanted to get a bowl of beef chow mein...ah-hoo...
saw the docs assistant, great folks over there...seems in the last 3 months my kidney functions improved 3% and my blood sugar is high but still pre diabetes...doc is thrilled and didn't think putting any poison in my body was needed so no meds, just keep living right and being smart with what I put in my mouth should do the trick...doc is happy with the direction things are going so I should be as well but I'm not digging the fatigue...I'm hoping the energy level comes back to where it should be and happy I am able to continue at the gym...after yesterday I wasn't too sure, took all I had to do what was in front of me...
I was told that I'm not 25 anymore and my body has been very much abused so suck it up and work with what I got...46 broken bones, 2 rebuilt knees and 1 shoulder, 4 major belly operations was supposed to slow me down...I guess it has to some extent but I still feel the need to run in my head...I've always worked and played hard, now I must learn to temper myself a little...time to fire a celebratory joint of hella jelly up... ;)
Jeebus, @boo -- You got me beat by a mile. You are one tough mutha.

View attachment 331004
Got alot of chestnut droppings on the deck. I have started calling them monkey tails. Dont know the correct term and it's not worth a google to me. Anyone got a different word for them? Asking for a friend that is 6 beers in tonight.
OMIGAWD. I'd give my left nut and a year in hell to have a chestnut tree. Your "monkey tails" (not a bad name) are called "catkins". It is how the tree propagates, by releasing pollen from their tails. You have a boy tree.

We had two "married" giant chestnut trees on the farm. Both gave chestnuts (which I love). The trees were wiped out when I was about 8 years old.

Last edited:
Good morning folks. Have the day to myself today with only a few things on the todo list. Gonna have to change the tv news to music as I’m tired of hearing the repetitive junk the last three days.
on another note. Tried the first Acapulco Gold plant that I removed from the drying rack yesterday and put into jars. It actually produced quite a nice buzz more of a speedy buzz that actually lasts a while. It’s an auto too so I was glad to see something special come from the auto tent. Not a sleep weed as I had trouble getting to sleep last night I think because of the new weed. I also got a headache in the middle of the night so I don’t know if that had anything to do with the weed but I took something for the headache and I’m trying it again as a daytime buzz today in my volcano bag. Hope everyone is having a happy day. 🥰

Latest posts

Back