Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was talking to my sister earlier and she urged me to take the Covid test. I’ve got a couple of them laying around, so I just did one and sure enough, I got Covid.
@boo -- That test does NOT differentiate between Covid and plain old flu. If you did NOT get a vaxx, then you will throw off the flu and get better.

If you DID get vaxxed, then you will be beset with one thing after another. So drink gallon(s) of water, gas up on Vitamin C, and get a lotta bed rest. You'll make it, bro.

I stopped sharing unsterilized pipes after attending a IC Mag cup event as a judge. I shared a pipe with about 50 people and came down with a horrible upper respiratory infection. I now carry an prophylactic mouthpiece on a lanyard when I attend events or decline sharing all together.
Unca The Innocent: I have never shared a pipe or anything else with another.

Not out of common sense about hygiene, just that I never was in a crowd where folks were smoking and passing anything. Just never had the experience. [/virgin]

I just ordered a small live animal trap after one of our local squirrels started stealing my green tomatoes. Time for some jambalaya with squirrel.
The birds love the Cherokee purples. I guess I got my two for the season…
they have left the other tomatoes alone…

Well... I caught up. Jeez. 2:30 and alone at the bar. Drinkin' hot chicken broth out of a huge beer mug made for me by my sister in 1972 (she was a potter).

Gots a conundrum (not the kind boys put on). There is a feral cat that has been hanging around my spread. I normally shoot them: baby rabbits are totally defenseless to them.

It is not a large cat. It will run into the jungle if it sees you looking at it. So what is the Great Hunter's problem? The [Good] Scottish Witch of the East.

"But it is so pretty! You mustn't shoot it."

It is snow white and tan, with very short hair... almost a pelt. Something like this but much more white and no black; just cream and tan:
1689663683491.png

So it is too pretty to shoot and shovel. But it will sure as hell disrupt my local -- and friendly -- wildlife.

Good morning island denizens! Wishing all a stellar Topless Tuesday! Prizes for best in show!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Another gorgeous day here starting at 56F and predicted to reach 86F.

!@#$%^&*()!!! It's WAR! A squirrel is stealing my green tomatoes. It is taking a few bites out of them and then discarding them and stealing another. I ordered a live trap and am weighing relocation versus jambalaya................

Well... I caught up. Jeez. 2:30 and alone at the bar. Drinkin' hot chicken broth out of a huge beer mug made for me by my sister in 1972 (she was a potter).

Gots a conundrum (not the kind boys put on). There is a feral cat that has been hanging around my spread. I normally shoot them: baby rabbits are totally defenseless to them.

It is not a large cat. It will run into the jungle if it sees you looking at it. So what is the Great Hunter's problem? The [Good] Scottish Witch of the East.

"But it is so pretty! You mustn't shoot it."

It is snow white and tan, with very short hair... almost a pelt. Something like this but much more white and no black; just cream and tan:
View attachment 334268

So it is too pretty to shoot and shovel. But it will sure as hell disrupt my local -- and friendly -- wildlife.
Unca could you livetrap and relocate

I’ve been using the rainy forecast to clean out some closets. I had weed and paraphernalia in every room including 4 boxes of quart jars of various herb strains. I decided to clean out this old closet and make me a little pharmacy area and room to store my stuff all together. I’ve always wanted a pharmacy with selections after @bigsur51 View attachment 334133View attachment 334134 showed me his way back when I first joined this group. I now have my own 😊
I take a knee in awe....Outstanding Subbie Outstanding..... 👍 👍 👍 👍👍😍😍😍

My Banana trees are getting pretty big. They are clones of clones for over 25yrs. From Texas to Florida to Louisiana and back to Texas.

View attachment 334171View attachment 334172
My Brother was over and said a friend came over to his house and commented on how well his banana tree plant was doing . Much better than mine and I gave you that clone !My Bros wife has a worm farm and had been juicing her banana plant with worm soup. They are like yours. Worm juice is like Mommas sauce to an Italian kid

Latest posts

Back