Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has the Doc checked your dad's TSH levels?
I had horrible,,, and I mean horrible AFIB for years until the Hospital finally checked my TSH levels and put me on Levothyroxine for my thyroid. Now I have no AFIB at all. Haven't had an attack in over two years because of the thyroid medication. My attacks were so bad you could see my chest moving and I would damn near pass out. And the chest pain was terrible not to mention how dangerous it is for your heart and can cause strokes.
Now I can drink coffee and even smoke sativa's again with no problems.
I had no idea how much control your thyroid has over your heart and organs.
My TSH levels was at 8.9
Now they stay around 1.8 to 2.4.
For someone with AFIB even 4.5 can cause problems. Believe it or not,,some Cardiologist have no clue about AFIB and your thyroid.
Yes he is on Levothyroxine at .137mcg he gets military blood work once a year. They check for everything under the sun and then some. The report is like 10 pages long. That was done on the 16th. His PCP checks quarterly. His cardiologist check bi-annually. The cancer doc checks monthly. I will ask the military Doc on the 26th. I am sure his afib is from his many heart attacks.

Morning folks. Made a nice pot of vegetable soup yesterday. Simmered some soup bones from my deer. Makes a great stock. And tender meat.

Attachments

• CF545416-2D61-446C-AA4F-F2787E29F6FC.jpeg
    CF545416-2D61-446C-AA4F-F2787E29F6FC.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 5B810186-C84E-4038-A62B-8946AFBA112E.jpeg
    5B810186-C84E-4038-A62B-8946AFBA112E.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Yes he is on Levothyroxine at .137mcg he gets military blood work once a year. They check for everything under the sun and then some. The report is like 10 pages long. That was done on the 16th. His PCP checks quarterly. His cardiologist check bi-annually. The cancer doc checks monthly. I will ask the military Doc on the 26th. I am sure his afib is from his many heart attacks.
If you ever get a chance check paperwork for the TSH levels and tell me what they are. My levothyroxine had to be adjusted to work for me.
I'm just curious.

Good morning/almost noon, Misfits. Weird start to the day. Must have slept wrong. Woke up semi-paralyzed. Thought I was gonna have to scream for the Old Hen to help me move. Haven't had the back lockup that bad in a long time. Finally got things moving and my dear wife smeared some of Beemer Bill's Botanical Balm on it. I'm waiting for it to kick in so I can feed my always demanding squawkers.

My old dealer when I was a kid called me up one day and said to bring him $160. I didn't ask questions. Went to his place and he tossed me a pound bag of Redroot Kali Jamaican. I scoffed. I was used to paying $75 for 2.2 pounds of Michoacan brick weed that was really good. He told me to take it home and try it, and if I didn't like it to bring it back. He also told me not to bother calling him for another one if I did like it 'cause he got in 10 pounds and wasn't selling more than a pound to each of his biggest movers.
That stuff laid my ears back. It had a few seeds, and probably 50% of those were twice the size of normal seeds. I planted a few in a makeshift grow room under the stairs. They only got up to about two feet tall before my big brother came home from college and told mom that they weren't hybrid tomato plants. One leaf cluster had 17 leaves on it. This thing was sweet! I'd spend extra time in hell just to have that strain back.

Merry Moonday morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif
funkybutt.gif

A mostly cloudy day starting at 41F and predicted to soar to 54F.

I filed a formal complaint against Area Heating & Cooling with the Consumer Protection Agency and moving on to the contractor licensing board.

Gym at 5:30AM this morning, followed by a long soak in the Jacuzzi.

I'm off today. Love the fact that I get 17 paid Holidays.🥰
My Wife wants to go there to a store we have called Kids For Less so I guess I will be there anyway. She is getting something for my granddaughter 😁
May you enjoy them all brother!

When I was responsible for plant maintenance crisis, I sometimes got calls at inconvenient times on my days off. I remember one when I was literally carving the turkey for the extended family Thanksgiving dinner at our place when the crisis call came.........................................

These are a list of some of my properties.
The RedBird Mall or now what's called The Shops At RedBird
Properties around the Mall or Attached
UT Southwestern Hospital,
Parkland Hospital

Outside the Mall
Frost Bank
Wow Dental
Breakfast Brothers
Chic fil a
Starbucks
And a few that are still in construction phase.😁

I will ask his Dr on the 26th
Please do Jan.
I never had Afib until after my open heart surgery in 2013,, but my Thyroid hormones undoubtedly was effected by the surgery. And I have a feeling the two are tied in together somehow.
All I know is if you have had heart surgery and have Afib your TSH levels can cause the Afib. His TSH levels due to his heart will need to be somewhere between 1.8 to 2.4. Anything higher then that can cause AFIB.
I had to show my Cardiologist the white papers written by a couple cardiologist on the subject that I happened to find. Even he was surprised with what I showed him. He now checks his patients TSH levels even if they don't have Afib.
When the hospital found my high TSH levels they never thought it had anything to do with AFIB,,they just knew they were high. I was there for chest pain. Which I also don't have anymore.
Like I said. I never realized how important the thyroid really is to your body.

Latest posts

Back