Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had a chance to buy a bar that was on 2 acres with living quarters on premises. Suppose to be in between some college and an Airforce base on a E-W 4 lane highway, outside of Pensacola, Elevation was 65 feet. This was at the height of the real estate crash down there a few years back. I've tried to kick myself in the arse every time I see the words Florida Panhandle anywhere in print from that day forward .. Should of, would of and at the time unfortunately Could Have ... Dumb decision on my part walking away from that. Who knows if we would have made it or not but I so hate it that we didn't try. Something like that will never come up again.

B_M, you aren't the only one who has kicked themselves in the place where the sun does not shine for past mistakes.....Only if we could go back and relive our past mistakes.....
As the bumper sticker says "live and learn".
By the way, that building you were talking about is now a strip joint.

Good morning Misfits. 29 and gray here. Got woken up by the sounds of a Galion grading the road. Hope it's the guy that did it last time. We had one chucklehead that tore it up bad a few years bad. Took me hours to fix it with the FEL and rock rake.
The Old Hen just headed for the taxman. Nothing much on the calendar other than my normal Tuesday debauchery.

It's just my area code. For years I used greenmonster714 and still do on some old sites.
Your name brought a flash from the past! It caused me to remember the Green Monster dragster of the 1950's, powered by an 1800 hp V-12 Allison aircraft engine.

Green Monster.jpg

Your name brought a flash from the past! It caused me to remember the Green Monster dragster of the 1950's, powered by an 1800 hp V-12 Allison aircraft engine.

View attachment 353834
I saw the Green Monster hit 230mph in a quarter mile back in the 60s. It's chute didn’t open correctly and Art couldn't make a second run. This was the full on jet car.
It was powered by a General Electric J79 taken from an F-104 Starfighter. The jet engine had a four-stage afterburner.

Yep, that's the one. It only took a few years for them to change to the rear engined dragsters.

When I was around 16, there was a guy that you'd see driving around Flint in one. Had lights and plates on it to stay legal and always seemed to be driving really slow. Not sure he got past the muffler thing, but I saw it more than once. Can't remember seeing any sort of radiator on it, so I always wondered how he kept it from melting.

Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Mostly cloudy today with showers, starting at 45F and predicted to reach 57F.

We got all five of the furnaces serviced, replacing only one condenser, which I cleverly had in stock. The furnace that Area Heating & Cooling rated as old and in poor condition, the new company rated as in very good condition, as they weren't posturing to sell us a new furnace.

Gym this morning and then off to have my teeth cleaned.

Trying out Meloxicam for my lower back, but alas it does nothing for it, though my hips may be better this morning. Vee vil zee....................

Latest posts

Back