Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK something I wanted to ask all the folks here
Has anyone been following the April 8th solar eclipse that our Gov is preparing for, asking folks to have 2 weeks food and water, Kids getting the day off from school, activating the states National guards, Emergency management Officers will be at the ready. Also many EMTs and AMTs will be on call for this event.
They say it is for public safety reasons due to the fact so many are showing up to witness the event.
I smell Bullcrap

Weather dude I watch just revised the forecast; 2-4 for most of Michigan, but there was a purple strip going west to east where we'll get 6-8". Guess where that strip goes through? Looks like the Jeep will be getting a workout this weekend.

I went to school with a kid that moved down to Costa Rica for a few years. He worked in one of the big chains of hotels. He was telling me that a man and a woman were visiting from across the pond and had brought what they thought was a boa constrictor back from a jungle walkabout. He told them in quiet terms to please gently take it outside and put it in the grass carefully far away from the parking lot and not to excite it. Turns out, they'd picked up a bushmaster, a totally deadly viper. He let them know after they'd gotten back. He told 'em that if they'd gotten bit, they'd never made it to the hospital.

I went to school with a kid that moved down to Costa Rica for a few years. He worked in one of the big chains of hotels. He was telling me that a man and a woman were visiting from across the pond and had brought what they thought was a boa constrictor back from a jungle walkabout. He told them in quiet terms to please gently take it outside and put it in the grass carefully far away from the parking lot and not to excite it. Turns out, they'd picked up a bushmaster, a totally deadly viper. He let them know after they'd gotten back. He told 'em that if they'd gotten bit, they'd never made it to the hospital.
I hate snakes

I understand that a big reason that they are so deadly, is the length of their fangs and how deep they inject the venom.

Latest posts

Back