just wondering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thank you so much! this property I live on use to be a soy bean field for years and years.

I will look into a filter system for that spicket. I drink bottled water myself because I cant stand the taste of our well water. my out door gardens do well in the summer but I have noticed several types of perennials that I planeted last year did not grow or take root as they should have and didnt survive the winter. and I use this same water for them.

:holysheep:

Soil and hydro are different in that manner, outdoors in soil you could do great but inside with hydro it's a different story. Good luck and I hope it works out for you, it sucks to lose seeds and seedlings no need to dwell though....like you said it's fun right?

If you have the cash , you can pick up a cheap RO machine on ebay for under $100 bucks. My water comes out at 0ppm :) . Its good to start at 0 and work your way from there.

I don't want to sound stupid but.... what is a RO machine?:hitchair:

Reverse Osmosis, it cleans the water up really nicely, better than your filter I bet. Also listen to what Trillions of Atoms said too, you could have a couple problems but the water is probably the worst IMO.

And on this board we don't think any question is stupid, well most of them LOL. Ask away, we were all new to it at one point right?

I dont fret over the lost ones, I figure they died for a cause, my education!

thanks snuggles, I have heard of that. I will certainly check into it tommarrow, maybe even tonight.
I just love this forum! you guys are great!
I really have no one I can talk with about this so it is a blessing to have all your help and support! thanks so much

I gave you a link in my previous post. It's the one I use and it has been great.

That's an awesome price, I wish I knew that when I got mine, 120USD and I thought that was a deal. Plus 0PPMs is a great place to start like Monkerz said.

I checked out your link monkerz, that is cool, and I think I understand how it works and it may solve my problems! fingers crossed! I have a grow journal started and will post my progress there!
once again thanks for the input, it has been very helpful

snuggles said:
Reverse Osmosis, it cleans the water up really nicely, better than your filter I bet. Also listen to what Trillions of Atoms said too, you could have a couple problems but the water is probably the worst IMO.

And on this board we don't think any question is stupid, well most of them LOL. Ask away, we were all new to it at one point right?

I recently bought this and it's doing wonders! It is good money spent.

If that white stuff on your hydro system comes of quick its salt if it is hard to break off its probably a calcium build up just my opinion

I think that your ppm could be causing you some problems. Generally minerals in well water are in solution and cannot be removed with a cartridge filter set up, you need something like an RO system. Since the plants are still seedlings and their water requirements are not great, I would do as Snuggles suggested and buy some distilled water to see if it makes a difference.

I have to scrub a bit to get the white stuff off, it wipes off the rings very easy but the sides of the buckets I have to use some muscle.

I got a well water filter system today and its getting installed in the morning!:banana:

Latest posts

Back