Kade's Springtime Grow.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What kinda light have you got in there Kade. My grow area is about the same size. I'm trying to get away with one 400 W hps. Would that be enough ? I know lumen wise I got over 3000 per square foot, but would one light cover the area and give em enough light ?

Thanks ... runbyhemp

Runbyhemp said:
What kinda light have you got in there Kade. My grow area is about the same size. I'm trying to get away with one 400 W hps. Would that be enough ? I know lumen wise I got over 3000 per square foot, but would one light cover the area and give em enough light ?

Thanks ... runbyhemp

I have a 1000w hps.... and I feel like I should have another.. if it wasn't for canopy temps... but I'd like to have better light penetraion. a 400w should be able to do 4x4... but your plants shouldn't be grown as high do to the lack of penetration of light.
When I first started... i only used the basic nutes... grow A+B n bloom A+B... I found things would yellow once in a while n darken here n there... then I added humic and fulvic supplements... that took away from the random occurances... it lets the plants retain nutes longer..

Then I added a full 360* of mylar coverage... I saw a HUGE growth difference.... then I saw a huge difference in canopy thickness when I started superthrive... and next experiment is pineoil.... however with testing it on my mother plant.. it does seem to help with growth speed. Altho it is only said to use during veg.

a 400w should be able to do 4x4... but your plants shouldn't be grown as high do to the lack of penetration of light.

Answered all my questions .. thanks Kade :joint:

Today they are starting to look like buds instead of hairs.... and the classic skunk aroma is starting up good too.

Here ya go.

P1010524.jpg P1010525.jpg
P1010526.jpg P1010523.jpg

daaamn...it like a jungle in there...haha keep it up

Tomorrow... new nutes and 1-1/2 monster bloom dosage.. time to pound the pounds on... the smell in the room smells like "nicely cured hydro" hopefully when I chop em in 30 days time i cure them rite so they keep the smell and taste.

P1010527.JPGP1010528.JPGP1010529.JPG

Now that's a beautiful bud jungle, can't wait to see it in a few more weeks. Great grow!

PS Mylar is the way to go! :D

Day 35... thought I'd take a few more pics for you people. I'm at 1-1/2 dosage of monster bloom... I'm going to up it again to 1-3/4 on res change sunday...

P1010530.JPGP1010531.JPGP1010532.JPGP1010534.JPG

Looks great K.
How many plants are on your table?

rite around 10-11 I'm not 100% sure... i'll count next time the light is on.

I'm glad you did another journal KADE, convinced me to do some 360 degree reflection. Circulation will be tough to get it the way I like it, but your pics prove to me it is worth the effort.

As always, another amazing grow.:D

Some day, I wanna see you do one like this though Aero Lord ;) . If anyone can, I know you can build one of these.:aok:

normal_DSC06747.jpg

7543Pictures_From_dig_1-18-2006_185.jpg

4_DSC05385_1.jpg

4_DSC06204_1.jpg

4_superbudprojectcage_1.jpg

Elephant Man said:
I'm glad you did another journal KADE, convinced me to do some 360 degree reflection. Circulation will be tough to get it the way I like it, but your pics prove to me it is worth the effort.

As always, another amazing grow.:D

Some day, I wanna see you do one like this though Aero Lord ;) . If anyone can, I know you can build one of these.:aok:

Wow! For a Second there I thought that was your work!!!:eek::cool:

DLtoker said:
Wow! For a Second there I thought that was your work!!!:eek::cool:

Sorry....no...still all organic soil here:eek: , but I have seen a DIY tutorial on one of these things...I would love to see someone with the construction/hydro skills KADE has build one.:cool:

I think those pics are SoQuick's from the now defunct O.G.
I watched that whole grow, man did he ever get some yield.
Those coli's are great man. They are either blow mold or injection mold plastic, so duplicating it would be difficult. However, making something similar to that, more like The Cage would be easy. And it would give you the same results.

Useless said:
I think those pics are SoQuick's from the now defunct O.G.
I watched that whole grow, man did he ever get some yield.
Those coli's are great man. They are either blow mold or injection mold plastic, so duplicating it would be difficult. However, making something similar to that, more like The Cage would be easy. And it would give you the same results.

Exactly:aok:...I think it is AK x C99? Anyway, I couldn't find the 'cage' pic I wanted to post, but I know KADE has access to all those cool fittings...maybe drip the whole thing.

Sorry so off topic KADE :eek: , and of course, not suggesting you change anything...just really wanna see someone build one of these coliseums on this board.

Yeah, I actually thought of buying one of those setups before... they look good for smaller plants.. like lettuce n whatnot... but mj plants can just get soooooooo big....
However.... I was considering making shelves a foot wide the whole way around the edge of the grow room and doing the same kinda thing... I hate rooms being all cluttered full.... so i figure if the plants were all around the outside i'd have lots of room in the middle... I have a 790gph pump... it'll put up with the 8' of lift. We'll see... after this grow I'm off to work for the summer in the fall I'll be building my own house n that kinda thing... u can bet i'll have a hidden room built to specs!

Kade, I've thought about this type of set-up to a great extent. The only advantage to having it in the Coli or Cage is the plant angle. Since the plants are tipped toward the light at some 45* or so, it gets more light evenly distributed over each plant than if you ran a set of shelves around the room horizontally. The sides of the plant facing the walls would get minimal lighting. This of course could be countered by simply rotating the plants, but would require more effort and would provide less "intense" lighting over the course of the grow per any given plant.
I think the best DIY (meaning easiest to build : final yield for any given light source) is the cage set-up.
It would be extremely cost effective, all you need is some 6" dia. schedule 40 PVC, some end caps for each length and stand to hold the PVC piping vertical. X-mas tree stands would work great for this. Then just set em up in a circle.
Instead of trying to figure out how to get the net pots to hang at 45* from horizontal, just cut a small hole in the tube and plant the clone at the angle desired. Fill the PVC tube with hydroton or rockwool (you know the little hydroton sized pieces?) as you plant the clones to maintain desired angle.
Drip into the top of the tube, drain from the bottom back to rezzy.

Gravy...

yeah. i get what ur saying for a setup man... good idea... maybe i'll try er out sometime!

Latest posts

Back