largest tomato competition

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you'll really appreciate the spoils of you labor the first time you bite into your own veggies.
i have so far on the radishes. and bout ready to pull the second round too.
i read sumwhere basically that peppers liek more acidic /peaty type soil structure and says to never let em dry out completely as they luv water. you are right cubby thats prolly wats up. just gotta water them more im sure.
thanks

benny
Do you all know what a fused blossom is?
nope but it sure sounds interesting to see..
wats a mortgage lifter :huh:
This year's challenges are the leaves are turned upside down
i noticed teh leaves on sum my toms doin teh same thing :confused2:

zip, Mortgage Lifter is the name of an heirloom tomato. The story goes that a guy sold tomatoes from his garden and made so much money off this variety that he paid off his mortgage with the profits. They are a red beefsteak type and very tasty. It is hard to get a pic as the mater is growing under a bunch of stalks and leaves. Let me have another look. Maybe my pepper problem is not enough water. I will water again and watch the leaves.

cubby said:
My updated garden pics.:D
Pic 1: This is my sweet pepper raised bed. I put the lawwn chair in the back to give an idea of the plants hieght. I don't usually have that chair there, staring at that fence is not my idea of enjoying the garden.
Pic2: Can't see to well because of the foliage and peppers still being the same color, but there are plenty of peppers growing in there.
Pic 3: These are my better boy hybrids. Still green obviously but plenty healthy, and lots of them.
Pic 4: Tjis is a German striped tom. It dose'nt look very large in the pic but it's about the size of a baseball.
Pic 5: These are my romas. Probably my favorite for canning. They make great sause.
Pic 6: More large toms.
Pic 7: My chili peppers and onions in a raised bed.
Pic 8: My tomato garden in the greenhouse fame. Bell pepper garden in the background, my MJ plants in the foreground. Thier NL, I believe they've reached thier full hieght and are now starting to fill out.
Pic 9: General pic of side garden.
Pic 10: More MJ, orphaned hostas in pots on the ground, grape vines cover the fence. The grapes attract dozens of cardinals, (the birds not the ball players).
Pic 11: MJ standind tall and happy in the garden.

Urban Gardening at it's finest Cubby.:D .

your nl's look very nice also. how many hours of daylight do you have now? is it 15? if so, i would say at least another month, month and a half b4 flowering begins.

i have a short flowering season. i need to research some strains for my region, for outdoors. i have vegged all my outdoor plants inside, since there was still snow on the ground. thats a must here with unknowns.

i took some garden shots today. got to do some resizing b4 i can upload.

very nice on all fronts indeed...

finaly flowers all over the garden startin on everythin
1ST 2 PIX --- are just sum random flowers in the garden

3 & 4 --- the big yellow flowers are two zuchini flowers

5TH & 6TH --- are sum baby tomatoe action goin on all over them. :hubba: are they suppose to look dried out at the bottoms of the baby ones. thats not blossom rot is it? :eek:

7TH & 8TH --- are some full body shots of my toms
9TH --- is one the romas i brought back to life after they were given to me practically dead. LOL

10th is one row of assorted bells(pepps)
11th is my biggest pepper so far.
12th is one of the leaves turned upside down on it. a few diff pepps are doin this.
who was it again that just mentioned of this upside down leaves on they peppers...? is this wat yours are doin too?

very nice garden zip.:D . my bells have'nt produced as of yet. yours look great. have you harvested any squash yet? i have the smooth yellow squash, and they are coming on nicely.

i fried up some yellow squash, green 'maters, and bluegill fillets last eve. mmm , mmm, good.:p :) .

carry on...

ive harvested from my garden yet were raishes and im bout to pulll the second batch this year again.
that one big bell... lol when i bought it on clearance at walmart or somewhere i think, it already had the pepper growin on it. lol it was bout size or a large marble. all the others are just now finally showin buds for ppeppers(term? :confused2: )
bluegill fillets....!!! man i aint had bluegil in ages. everywhere ya can catch em round here they so dang lil. and they bite one after another. and none are bigger than a small hamburger bun.
i so wanna find a spot i can catch 1-2 lb gills all day long, or even sum crappie i'll settle for :hubba:

first pic is of my "girls ; second is tom's and cantalopes which are taken over the garden. Going to have atleast 30 plus cant's and a dozen tom plants producing more than i want !

:ciao: my garden...and containers..

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

016.JPG

017.JPG

018.JPG

019.JPG

020.JPG

:farm: :rofl: ^...

there were three, as far as my hunting dog could tell anyway. did'nt even save me a nugget.:holysheep: ...

don't get your knickers in a bunch, we fed 'em, and covered 'em back up, as you can see in one of the pics.

only jk'ing...

Thanks Irish..Ill run a snap some of my garden after we burn This:bong: and pass:bong1: to Irish be right back:bolt::watchplant:

i was think the same thing sum time today gettin sum snaps the toms. i must have liek 200 tomatoes or more on just my 8 beef steak plants. :eek: these beefsteaks suppose to grow this huge ?

they like the fattest bushes for toms i ever seen in my life LOL.

other day i went out and tehy so big an wide that i never even noticed they was falen over on they sides and growin outward. thsi was for over two weeks.
i mean how can you not notice a plant falls completely over on its side taht its so bushey LOL.
but i put stakes in ground and pulled em back up. them wimpy tomato cages i got for them erly on are a joke for these things.
tehre over a dozen tomatoes growin squished within the cage wit all the billion branches LOL.
im hoestly worried they'll get squished in no time really.
thinkin of takin a cutter and snippin the cages off them and riggin up somethin else for them.
any DIY ideas for the ultimate tomatoe cages guys?
for next year im talkin. definately gona have to build a 100 times larger deal tahn regular tom cages LOL>

4u2 musta got lost in a haze of smoke. lol. back at ya. your turn...:bong1: ...

i just came in from loading my row boat in my van, so's i can go fishing in the morning. also, am getting some white rhino x bubblegum clones from a buddy tomorrow.:D .

these clones look very, very nice bros'. i'm stoked. thats good karma coming back, ya know?:) ...

i use the cages myself zip. i know what you mean.;) .

es :huh: do you build ya own or buy them? im just tryin get ideas for next years garden.
either that or im goin wit alot smaller tomatoes only LOL.

i know what you mean.
you grow the beefsteaks too IRISH?

these things are just bahemoths. and they grow like 2-3 inches per day sometimes more it seems. and tehy just dont stop for nothing.
my peppers look like lil dudes standin under some redwood seqoias(so?) them giant trees.
they have literally moved they way iinto the two rows on either side them.
my poor peppers aint gettin crap for sun hardly no more too.
my biggest tomatoe i saw few days ago is already lil bigger than baseball size. just under is average down to golf ball size. i gonna have so many i wont know wat to do wit them all
can we discuss sales/sellin of tomatoes on here? :rofl:

Latest posts

Back