Male grows faster then Female?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyinghigh

Grow Pretty Flowers
Reaction score
I have read some where that male plants grows faster then female ?
I just started some new babies and 2 of them pop ground on the same day and I got one that is 2 inch taller then the other!! There both are in 16oz cup each. And 4 more that r smaller then these 2
There on 24/7 3 26watts.. But for now there under one 26 watts. because I have 26 cups in the grow room 18 x 28 x 4 foot and there all popped up..
I know I need to transplant them soon, but they got to stay there for a month and I got 2 weeks left and that enough time to harvest my other plants and my harvest room is my flower room for now..
26 Plants and how many will be Males??
Last grow I started with 11 and ended up with 5 Pretty Girls.. Not Bad

8-11 004.jpg

8-11 002.jpg

usually males grow taller than females but this is not a rule,you cant say untill preflowers,through my last seedlings all sort plants with compact-short internodes were males.

true this is not a correct statement , about males , they are not allways bigger ..................

Hey flyinghigh....i know that i have read % learned that males will generally show sex before females & that sometimes males will grow taller than females but remember it's not a written rule time & love shown will determine sex ultimately.....:D

My experience with my grow was my male grew quicker then my female but its leaves stayed small as it kept growing then my female started passing him up around week 4 or so then my female is about a good foot or so taller now still dont know what ima do with the male

The way the stack is right now that showing like little vains on the side like my other Males did.
Yes I know I got to wait for preflower to check for sex..

I've had females pop up faster...males show faster...never can tell....but love a late flowering male. Think I won the lottery. but for just fem growers.....wait man wait. He'll flop them balls out soon enough. or she'll flip her skirt up...just takes patience.

Not set in stone. But, from my experiences Males will grow faster and taller. They will also show themselves first. However my last two unknowns turned out to both be male. :(

Well, I have to say that just based on the size and shape of one of my plants I'm ready to call it a male. It is now MUCH taller than my other two, and it's also not quite as bushy. It seems to have shot up overnight. I keep having to raise my lights, and consequently, have to put a pot under my other two plants to keep it close enough to the light. I hope it slows down soon though.. my other two are getting light hungry and I don't know how much higher I can raise them!!!

But, I digress. It seems to me that I have heard something along those lines. Usually, from what I understand, males grow taller and faster than females. But I'm sexing them now... so we'll see!

~Metalchick

I heard this talk from a local bush man whose into the ganj also...I called ** on it first but, i'm liking the discussion going on here..

I am seeing these little strain showing on the side of the stock and there pointing straight up..
Marked in red..

0fempreflwr775.JPG

Latest posts

Back